San Antonio, TX
Trinity University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Trinity University

Trinity is a school for business majors and people who want to be doctors, not so much for the creative type.

Make sure to involve your parents in the process. Constantly discuss all of the options. My parents took a backseat and let me decide on my own. And while Trinity offered me some opportunities I wouldn't have gotten any where else, it was a much too expensive school for me. Had I really discussed the future and what I wanted to do, I probably would have gone to a state school where the tuition was much more affordable and would allow me to actually use my degree.

I made great friends at Trinity. We all went through a lot together.

Alexis

The size of the school. It is small enough that students really get the opportunity to interact with their professors and each other. Faculty at Trinity University truly care about the students, and the school strives to create a community where students can feel like a family.

I think I must have been the most unsure and confused teen ever to endure the college search process. I was unsure what I wanted- big school, or small? Close to home, or as far away as possible? I applied to 14 colleges, all with different characteristics. The best advice I can give to parents and students is to visit the colleges that are being considered. Spend time on the campus- take a tour, sit in on a class, stay overnight in a dorm room. Only by doing this can you get an idea what the school is really like. The statistics in a college search book don't make a school what it is. It is the campus itself- its students and faculty. There will be a moment when you are standing in a campus and you will suddenly realize, "I can picture myself walking around this campus as a student." Once you are at college, get involved! Whether you end up at a big school or small school, you have to surround yourself with a smaller group of people to really feel connected. Find the organizations that connect you with people that share your interests.

Because we are a division 3 school (athletics), an intense school spirit and support for our athletic teams is somewhat lacking.

Steven

The focus on Residential community, from friendships to academic development - it's a wholistic experience.

Live the dream, let the parents know what is going on without directing your actions or study.

There was so much I wanted to do, and not enough time. I over-extended myself often, trying to take advantage of the many opportunities available.

Sandy

Go and visit the campus. Meet with the students and staff. You will know if it feels right. Once you are there, have fun and make new friends but make sure to study hard!

Someone who loves to learn, small classes, a close campus of students, etc.

A person who doesnt like to work hard, talk in class, or be social.

Alex
Describe your school to someone who's never heard of it.

Students talk about what its like to live in San Antonio.

Describe your school to someone who's never heard of it.

Students talk about what its like to live in San Antonio.

Current students offer advice on coming to TU.

Tell us about the food and dining options.

Trinity students talk about on-campus dining.

Tell us about your professors.

Students explain who their favorite professor is and why.

Students talk about how to get involved in community service at TU.

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

Students talk about being an athlete at TU.

What are your classes like?

Students take a 12-15 person course their first year at TU. The topics change every year, and they are usually pretty cool topics.

its cool and very accepting for all peopl

its cool and very accepting for all peopl

I would simply suggest that you visit school that you think you are interested in and speak with a student at the school or preferrably stay with a student at the school. Over all there are a few aspects of a school that one should consider and that is the campus life the off campus life and the academics at the school. All of which are what one should look at, but these characteristics should be viewed differently by every prospective student and parent. Different schools fit different students and that is key to know when deciding on school, you have to decide for yourself, no one else. Lastly, I feel as though in the end the schools that the majority of kids choose end up being the right fit for them, so go with your gut instinct and enjoy yourself.

i wish i knew the type of females that were here and the lack of spirit there is

Courtney

There is not only one right college for anyone- you can be happy in many places! Decide on big or small first and go from the...

There is not only one right college for anyone- you can be happy in many places! Decide on big or small first and go from there

Enjoys some degree of personal attention from professors, likes small quiet schools

enjoys busy crowded campus and atmosphere

Visit the school before you decide to attend. As silly as it sounds, pick a place that "feels" right. You are going to spend the next four years of your life at this place. Make sure it is somewhere you feel comfortable and where you can be yourself. If at all possible, study abroad. It gives you the extremely rare oppertunity to quickly become incorporated into another culture for 6 months to a year. You will learn far more by living in a new "world" then in any classroom.

The study abroad program is amazing. It's really fun to go yourself and to share with your friends experiences abroad.

If you don't fall into either the christian or the partying crowd you might find it hard to find a strong social network. They are pretty good at helping first years get connected, but once you are beyond that first year you might find it a lot harder to get involved with new groups.

The connections and relationships I developed with the professors/my swim coach is phenomenal. The academic work was great, and I was able to take a variety of classes through a liberal arts education.

Choose a school that has a lot of connection to the outside community. You will one day be playing a large role in the community, and it is very practical to know how to take part. I went to a school that created a "bubble"--where students tend to stay primarily on campus during the semester and rarely get out into the community. It was very unfulfilling for me, so I started taking my own initiative to find activities outside of campus. That was one of the most meaningful experiences in college for me--getting out into the real world, meeting people from a variety of backgrounds, and doing things that had real social impact. Now, after those experiences, I feel like I know how to work as part of the larger community, and I feel very fulfilled by the work I am doing.

Most students there tend to hang out only with their friends at school only and rarely go into the outside community. I was very surprised at how a lot barely know, or don't know, how to interact with other people of different socioeconomic status in the community. I also wish I had known that I wasn't going to be prepared for a career--that I would be prepared to continue my education, which isn't practical for me right now.

Brittni

Trinity is academically challenging and prepares students well for life after college.

Choosing the right college isn't as hard as one thinks. Explore your options and immerse yourself in the community by attending the classes, spending the night with a student, and asking questions to student panelists and faculty members. The right school will offer you the opportunity to continue doing the activities you enjoy while challenging you to explore other paths. If your passion is playing in an orchestra, do not go somewhere that doesn't have an orchestra. The key to being successful in college is to stay healthy and happy. The only way to do that is to make sure you do things for yourself. Of course, academics are an important part of choosing the right college, but do not forget that college is a time to enjoy. If a school is academically challenging but offers nothing as a stress reliever for you, it is not the right choice. College is a balance. So, remember to play your cello, join the lacrosse team, be active in the chemistry club, and go swing dancing. Studying for tests and succeeding in classes will be managable if you make sure you have an outlet for stress. I promise.

Students are required to take classes from each discipline; this allows for a well-rounded community.

Trinity University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.