Trinity Valley Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Trinity Valley Community College

Kaitlyn

It's a good starter college for people that are either starting out slow, people that have a full time job and can't be there all the time, or people that started their life/career already and are going back to school. It is affordable (well what college is?) but it's cheaper than others. The online classes are great too! The only thing I would warn others about is the counselors. I wasted money taking a class that I didn't even need according to my degree plan because a counselor at the college said I needed it. I went back in the middle of the class' semester and the other counselor asked me why I was taking it because I didn't need it! So double-triple check that ALL your classes are according to your degree plan! Don't waste money!

Brooke

This is a great stepping stone to go to a bigger university. While it may not have all the campus life that you would like it makes up for with amazing professors. The classes are small enough that you can have a good relationship with your professors and most of the time they are willing to help you. I loved that i went to this college before going to a university. It helped me learn how to be independent but also i wasn't fully alone.

Jonathan

Very good for the price. The tuition here is about two times cheaper than most public universities and much cheaper than private universities like Rice. Be careful to choose the right major for your desired major/job later in life, as you may end up wasting money. I saved about a year's worth of tuition and rent. Would recommend.

Katelyn

There are a lot of great things about their school. One, they are less expensive than a lot of the other schools I know. Two, the average classroom size is 25-30 students so that’s great. Three, there are people there who can help you with anything you need. Overall, this is a pretty good campus to start at.

I love the college. I have attended tvcc from high school dual credit classes to now attending their nursing program! I wouldn't choose another school to go to. I was always nervous that I couldn't do it and here I am finally getting to live my dreams! My nursing journey will begin this fall!

Alberto

Overall it is a great affordable Community college to grow and learn. Great teachers and friendly environment .

Kailey

Overall, this school is terrific! It offers a range of classes and has an open environment for many opportunities. The on-campus living gives the student a chance to participate in sports and other organizations around the campus. Furthermore, the food is spectacular and is available whenever you are hungry.

Destiny

I go to the sister college in Terrell, Tx. The campus is very nice and clean. The professors are very knowledgable, some are better than others but that's the same at every campus. They offer a variety of courses both at campus and online. They are always willing to answer whatever questions you may have.

Bailey

I think it's a good school, definitely for the first two years of college. Most of the professors are available to students outside of class, and it's just enough of a transition from high school that you don't feel too overwhelmed like you may at a 4 year university. It's more affordable so it's also beneficial to students that have a lower income.

Aubree

Trinity Valley Community College has helped me over the past two years in so many ways. The professors are always there for you and will do anything they can to help you succeed, as long as you are putting in effort. The counselors and everyone in the admissions office is also always so helpful and willing to put you first until you are confident in what you needed help with. They work hard to help you out if you are struggling on which path to go down and which classes you should take. The bookstore is also a great convenience. You can buy the books you need at the beginning of a semester and then sell them back to the bookstore to receive more than half of your money back. I recommend this school to anyone and everyone. TVCC won't let you fail and they will push you to be the best you can be.

Aubrey

I absolutely love Trinity Valley Community College. I have nothing but good things to say about the school. Teachers are always available when you need them via email, cardinal connection, on campus. I get a lot out of my classes. Most classes are smaller and you have more one on one with your professors. Everyone is really nice and helpful. I love this school.

Madeleine

I am currently taking College Algebra from my high school and my professor is so helpful. She goes out of her way to make sure we understand the material and is always available and happy to help! She has definitely made college a little less stressful and has made sure we have learned the material and she does not make a student feel like they do not know anything because they do not understand a certain section of the curriculum.

Jordan

The small size of the campus gives students the opportunity to be multiple classes together, which makes it easier to form study groups. The professors really care about their students and are always available to talk to their students if they are needed.

Kenzee

Trinity Valley Community College is a decent college to study for your basics. Everything else about Trinity Valley Community College is not good. For example, the size of the classes. The classes are small but there is no one-on-one training at all! The professors do not reach out to you at all. One of my professors still didn’t know my name after being in his class for an entire semester! On top of that, there is barely any clubs or extracurricular activities to be involved in. There is no debate club! All in all, this community college is horrible.

jalani

not a perfect school but hands down the best. the people the staff everything really makes me feel like im home especially because i'm so far away from it. I honestly would recommend this school to anyone trying to get into college. this place has and always will have a special place in my heart. you really just can't beat the social interactions with everyone there. from sitting in the cafe and having lunch with a bunch of new people to going into the student union building and playing xbox, playstation, ping pong, or pool! also surrounded by churches who offer free lunch to anyone that comes in so if you're struggling and need a meal there are plenty o places to get on for free. they also just put in a new work out facility so you can go to the gym as much as you please in a ver nice gym. other than that id have to say that the coaches of the sports team care more for their athletes than anything I've ever seen before . these coaches will go to the ends of the earth to make sure they being successful in the class room and at their sports. it truly is a wonderful place and I promise you will never find anything like it any where else.

Denise

Trinity Valley Community College is a great school. No matter the distance the college feels like home away from home, the professors are great, the activities are endless, the environment is welcoming and they allow full time students to live on their dorms. All of the above for a great cost. This school can prepare you for life and transferring to a university.