Trinity Washington University

« See more reviews of Trinity Washington University

The College experience in my opinion is somewhat overwhelming. I am without my parents now and have the opportunity to make decisions for myself. I love the experience as it enables me to be more responsible and mature. I value this time in college and I know that if I show the skills of persistency and diligence towards my education that I will be able to have great success. Along with maturity and responsibility, I have been able to become more social and outgoing. I have made many new friends and it gives me great joy to be around them. The Motto of the College that I attend is "Enter to Learn, Go Forth to Serve". I love this Motto because of its significance. When we think of the College experience we come to realize that we are not here for ourselves. We are attending our respective colleges to learn so that we may acquire a great career. That career enables us to serve others. As we serve others, they will be happy and we will be happy too. I am grateful for this marvellous opportunity to attend College and I look forward to learning many more valuable lessons here.

What I have gotten out of my college experience is the feeling of accomplishment. I feel that I have accomplished what it means to be a "Trinity Woman", which is to up hold the highest of standards for education. I have the feeling that women can do anything in this world that they set their mind and make major contributions to society. I believe that getting an education at an all women's college has been the best thing that has ever happened to me because it teaches me prinicples and morals. It has been valuable for me to attend this instituion of higher education because it keeps me focused and determined on what my goals for the future are. It is also valuable that I have attended because it teaches me women diserve an education as well (no matter what circumstances may come). Lastly, the most important reason as to why it has been valuable to attend my school is that it teaches me the meaning of sisterhood. I feel as though I have a second family and that I am loved no matter what I say or do. Trinity Wahsinton University is what womens education means.

If I were to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would give myself numerous of advices about the reality of life. Knowing what I know now about college life, I would have significantly advised myself to take my classes seriously to have a higher and better GPA. In high school, I would frequently arrive to class late, skip class to socialize with my friends and I would not take my education seriously because I had a different mindset. However, my mindset completely changed when I graduated from high school with the help of numerous of outstanding faculties and realized what I was going to do with my life to help my parents. My father motivated me the most because he ended up acquiring Diabetes and he is the only one in my family that works. Therefore, I knew that I had to change the cycle in my family and succeed in life by pursuing a college degree. Many people think the worst about me and believe that I cannot make it, but I know for a fact that I will accomplish my nursing degree not only for myself, but for my family.

I would tell myself to take advantage of the career development center as soon as I get into college. In junior year, students usually go and see them for questions and advice, but it is better to start as early as the second semester. I would also advise myself to start doing internships early. More than one internship is better, because I can develop skills and put it on my resume. I would tell myself to take advantage of more clubs and organizations. This is helpful for resumes. I also think it is best to get to know the alumni. They can give advice on what to expect in college and how they can connect with each other through their own Alumni department located in the school building. Lastly, I would tell myself to enjoy the excerise room, because I haven't regualry used it. Excersie not only is effective for the body, but also for the mind. Classes are hectic and it cost thousands of dollars for the four years that I'm there. I would say to myself that excerising in the school athletic facility can do wonders for your mind, body, and soul.

When looking for colleges first look for colleges/ universities that offer your major. Nowadays schools are VERY EXPENSIVE so look into scholarships/grants while in high school, the least thing a student needs to worry about is money. Once you have chosen the schools of choice make a list of tution and expenses for each school. Also make a sheet with your pros and cons( meaning what is good and what is bad about each school). The most important thing is to have all your paperwork in order before you go to mom and dad and talk about schools and money. All parents want to hear is the distance you are from them and how much money they have to come up with for you to become all you can be. Me being a student, I know it's hard to find a school with your desired major that will not cost your family 12 mortgage payments for one school year. It will help also if you attend a community college that your desired school will accept transferred classes from and get your prerequisites out of the way. It helps save money. GOOD LUCK

If I had that opportunity I would have stayed in school then and finished. Life throws so many road blocks but, it is how you deal with the adversities in your life and not give up on your dreams that matter. I knew when I was high school senior, I wanted to be lawyer but the circumstances in my family cause me to put my dreams and goals on the back burner. So now I am juggling to get my degree and dealing with the responsibility of raising a family. I tell my son, that in every stage of your life, there are things that you are required to do, its best to do them in that stage of life, so they don't spill out into the next stage. It's not being selfish to put yourself first, especially when It comes to your education. I missed an opportunity of Merit Scholarship when I was a teenager entering high school that I could have used after high school but my family didn't understand the importance of it. It was opportunity that didn't come around again. So be encourage and have faith in yourself, to follow your dreams.

In order to find the right college, firstly the student must work hard and make the grade throughout high school. Care for the future must be instilled at the beginning of the high school experience. Parents should make their child's academic success their priority as well as their child's responsibilty. Furthermore, families should speak to as many faculty, and students at their prospective colleges before they enroll. If possible, they should spend time on campus and look into shadowing a student on their regular day. Also, a student should look into financing their education as early a junior high school whether it be through applying for scholarships or working a job. Lastly, parents and students should know that most colleges today are businesses, therefore just like in the quest for a job, the maketable you mae yourself, the better candidat you will be. If you put in the work beforehand, you should be successful in your college search and have a happy and healthy undergraduate experience.

To all parents make sure that you give all and as much support and help that your child ask for and may need, nothing is better than being apart of your child education and helping them believe in every decision that the made in becoming independent. Make sure this experience is never regretted, the best education comes from a life on a college campus, and what parent in their right mind will not want to be thank by their child for making a worth wild completion and large step to a life of their own or new beginning. To all students this is a long and stressful process but the people around you are only there to help, so allow them to become stressed with you. The results that always come from a team struggles and hardships will lead a heart filled successes. So, students take your time because their a lot of opportunities? out there filled with thing that fit your needs, look deep, work hard, and stay focus in choosing everything that you will look forward to in four year. Have Fun!

I would advice you to go to that college unexpected so you can see what they really live like on campus. Because if you go when they expect you they will make the campus seem to be something that its not. But look at as many college as possible before you make you decision see what there acadimics are like because thats what your there for then let the rest settle in after. Because theres nothing like having everything you want in a campus without traveling to another to fufill your college and on campus experience. I know at my school you have to travel to other campuses to pladge at another college. You want a place where you can be free. So you have to look at what you want in a college. Where you would like to spend four years of you life because it's your money so enjoy is as you speed it every year. Also make sure it a place that has a place in your heart. As well as a place where it puts the meaning in pursuing because that what you are there for to make your life go further.

Hey girl, your time is up. What are you plans for September? I think you should strive to attend Florida International University. I know that's your top pick so what the hold up. You need to stop worrying about whether or not your parents can afford you tuition and do whatever you need to do because this is important. Let me tell you from experience the more you put it off the harder it is to get back into th groove of things. It's time for you to start thinking of yourself as an adult. College life is one experience that will help you get there believe me. It's totally different from high school. No one will phone home because you didn't show up from class or turn in required assignments. Don't let me scare you cause it's well worth it. So apply to the school of your choice and some back ups just in case. If you need a loan apply for one cause soon you'll want a house, car, and family and you can't depend on you parents forever. Plus Burger King can't buy what you want. Later.