Trinity Washington University

« See more reviews of Trinity Washington University

Angie, you're a senior now, start early with you college choices. It is best to make a list of schools that you may be interested and most of all speak with your Guidance Counselor to help you make the best choice that fit your needs and interest. Once you have selected the schools of your choice, start looking at the college essays and make sure you have selected two people to write letters of recommendation. Don't forget the SAT prep, you will need it. Most of all go visit the campus, look at the campus as a place where you will be for 4 - 5 years of your life and not because your friends attend or your parents say it is a good choice. This will be your home away from home. It is also best to make a connection with someone in admissions, financial aid and resident life; they are important places on the college campus besides the student union and cafateria. Oh by the way, peanut butter and jelly, popcorn and cup-o-noodles will be a common food so prepare yourself.

Well, for one I have learned lots of things, for my major and things about life. I have learned alot in my field of study and I have also learned what it means to have an education. I work at a dealership and all of the techs tell me to stay in school or they'll hunt me down. I see why, they bust their knuckles everyday and strain their backs. Only to come home and barely have enough money to keep food on the table. I pay for my school out of MY pocket and it has given my a whole new look on education. I love learning now, even if its about something not related to school. Even when I get my bachelors degree I will keep learning. School is very valuable to me. I'm going to get my degree no matter what, weather I get this scholarship or not. I've been doing it on my own so far, but I could use some help to lift this monkey on my back. If you have read this far into my paragraph then you have looked at the rest of my info, so thank you. Keith Merritt

Going back as a high school senior I would give myself three advices confidence, money, and vision. I've learned all three being a college student now but many times I wish that I could go back and learned them in high school so that I could advance in college. As a senior being confident would have been key to the idea of college. I would know that I am smart and know that I could go to college and do well. If I were confident as a senior then I would not be afraid of apply to different colleges around the United States. Also I would work more hours as a senior because now I know how expensive college is. I would probably sign up for more scholarships and try to help babysit, clean, or tutor to earn extra cash. Lastly I would sit down and think to myself what am I going to do in college? What is it that I like? I would have a clear vision of what I am going to do in college in order to not waste time or money.

I would tell myself to save. Save save save big time for college and all of it's expenses because you could never have enough money for the school you want to go to. Take the SAT and ACT more than once to make sure you can get the best possible score. Study hard for the SAT / ACT also so you won't do bad the first time. Also don't cram for those types of tests, get plenty of sleep, and during the day of the test, relax your mind and take your time, and also eat a good breakfast so your stomach won't growl loud! APPLY FOR SCHOOLS EARLY. that's the biggest advice i would give myself. Apply for schools early and don't wait until the last minute to fill out the FAFSA either so you won't be so behind on everything. And most importantly, apply for as many scholarships as you can, because when times get tough, those are the things that will help you get by, so you won't struggle in the future.

My advice to parents and college students would be to first find the colleges that you can afford. Secondly, research as many colleges as possible to find which school best fit your criteria. By following the above steps, you will have easily adapted to the differences in the school because you've chosen what you wanted and wouldn't be anxious about the cost of tuition and living expenses. One of the most important aspects of life is your social status. Learning to communicate and interact with different groups, cultures, and religious can be difficult. Mastering that skill will allow you grow as a person and be able to work well with groups of diversity in the workforce. Joining extra-curricular activities is not only fun bur rewarding because that too will improve your interaction thus making the college experience less stressful and more enjoyable.

There is a song out on the radio about college consisting of sleeping in, partying, and eating a lot of food. Perhaps this is what a college experience is like for some students, but for me it’s quite different. That is not to say it does not have it’s perks. Being a college student has taught me how to put myself out there infront of my classmates, making speeches and interacting in club events. My professors and newly found knowledge has exposed me to a scary, yet exciting world. A world I was once sheltered from. I have learned how to mature through the dealings of stress that life delivers. I have opened a door to my future that otherwise would have remained sealed. It is because of college that I have realized my desire to teach, learn and to travel. Lastly, I have gained a perception of who I want to be in the future, starting with who I am today.

In have learned many valuable things from my recent time spent at kaplan. From my first class so far I have learned a lot about myself, such as; I am a procrastinator. Sometimes my messy desk can be one reason I don't focus as much as I should. I have learned putting off tasks you enjoy or that are easy for you until after the hard work is done, lets you get all your work done instead of bored and drawn out. I recently started putting together a website for a project in one of my classes. I am learning a lot about hand coding pages and what mistakes to watch out for when doing this. I have only been enrolled for about 5 weeks now and I can already see the benifits of attending these classes. It is nice to think that after my two years of school are up, I can find a good job and be able to get right back into school.

To find the right college, I believe the best thing to do is take the time out to research the school. Knowing what the school does and doesnt have to offer is important. Secondly, visting the school makes all the difference. A school make look one way online and can be totally different once you visit it. You can also get a feel if the school is right for you by talking to students and learning about their experience. Also it is imporant to choose a college where you and your family can afford is important. Making the most out of the college experience means not only studying hard but participating in activities. College has so much to offer and not everyone take advantage of it. Being able to manage work and play is important to learn as being a college student.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to start off going to community college first if you don't have alot of money saved up. I wanted to go to a university so bad, and I got my wish but now I'm struggling with the money to pay for it. So to anyone that doesn't have much money, GO TO A COMMUNITY COLLEGE! I wish I would've listened. The next thing I would tell myself is to take the SAT more than once so that if you do bad the first time, you can always do better the second time or third or fourth time. The last piece of advice I would give myself is to save up money and don't blow it on useless things such as clothes, shoes, etc. Every penny counts and can help you go to the college of your dreams.

My college experience so far has been wonderful. I have gotten a great deal of knowledge from my classes. The thing I value most about my experience are my proffesors. The professors work very hard to make sure that every one is learning the required material. They teach us that in addition to making good grades we must actually learn something! I experienced this first hand in my mathematics class. Before i came to Trinity i hated math it disgusted me and also frustrated me. Once i started working close with my teacher i made it my mission to conquer math in which I am still doing today! I appreciate my education because it will help me to better not only my mind, but i can apply the concepts that i learn in college to my everyday life!