Troy, AL
Troy University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Troy University

dannette

Most are in college to better themselves are advance in careers that they already have.

After high school, continue educating yourself while you are young and do not have the responsibility of being a wife or parent. Before starting orientation, know whom, where, and how you will accomplish your goals. Do not be influenced by others with the party scene. There will be plenty of time to party once you reach your goals. One of the biggest mistakes you can make is partying in the beginning and trying to get focus towards the end.

I most brag about the student to professor ratio and the fact that the school caters to the working adult.

Kourtney

I wish I would have known more about all the scholarships they had avaliable. I say this becuase most of the scholarships at Troy students fail to know about. When I was looking for scholarships, I didn't know Troy offered as many as they do now.

I think people who want to attend a small school should attend Troy University. I say this becuase even though Troy is not as large as The University of Alabama, it still has a lot of positive things to offer. I also think if you enjoy small class sizes where you can personally know your teacher then you should attend here as well. Troy's class size is no larger than 100 students and many of the student know and actually interact with their teachers.

Anna

Troy University is best known for the small class size. The small class size gives students a more one on one relationship with their teachers and peers. this is a feeling one can only receive from a smaller university.

Look at your life as a whole. Make the decision based on you and not on the others in your life. College is about you being happy and comforatable and do not let anyone else influence your decision. You are the one that needs to be happy and your happyness will affect your grades.

The lack of support from the community as a whole. It helps to have the support of your community when attending a school. The community support helps when it come to finding part time jobs and off campus housing.

Great band program and directors. The psychology department has great teachers too.

When you go to college you must be flexible and perserver through the rough and challenging times. It gets better aftet the first semester!

The band program is great. I have enjoyed marching band and symphony band,

Felxibilty as a military student taking online courses

Felxibilty as a military student taking online courses

I would study more and take more time to work on assignments and focus. I would attend in person instead of online.

Donald

I know you're a bit of a bookworm, tend to keep to yourself, and feel out of place being one of the few people with a physical disability at school . It might seem like a boring kind of existence and you probably wish you were a more outgoing and less clean-cut person. It's overrated, okay? Partying and focusing on socializing is just going to distract you from the big picture: becoming a more knowledgeable and independent person. If you start to feel burnt out or discouraged by academics, just keep your nose to the grindstone. It may be a lot less fun than skipping class and goofing around, but I promise you, High School Me, all the hard work ahead of you will pay off in the long run.

The best thing about this school to me is its peaceful atmosphere. There are plenty of places study in quiet inside or out outside around campus.

If you're not serous about becoming a more knowledgeable and well-rounded person and more concerned with having a good time, don't bother going to school

Troy University is a smaller, but growing university. It has a friendly and welcoming atmosphere that separates itself from other universitites. Troy University not only provides an excellent education, but provides the opportunity to meet students from all over the world. Troy University welcomes more international students than most universities. This provides students the chance to experience cultures from the whole world. Troy also excells in providing an excellent arts program. The John M. Long School of Music attracts hundreds of students each year. Troy University is able to give its students a well-rounded education throughout their college years.

First of all, I would have told myself to apply for more scholarships. Before you enter college, you know it is expensive and scholarships are vital. Even though I may have thought I had enough money to pay, I still had to pay plenty of money to cover my costs. Hidden fees and costs high school seniors are not aware of, later cause most freshmen to pay extra money. Secondly, I would have told my past self to be more social when I came to college. I was rather shy in high school and I wanted to change that when I went to college. I would have reminded my self of that fact if I could go back and speak to my former self.

Troy University is well-known for their music program. It is the largest organization on campus and attracts more students to Troy than any other organization. Troy also has a record for getting almost ninety percent of their pre-med students accepted into medical school. Troy's advisors and professors go out of their way to encourage and guide their students in their educational path. With their advice students, particularly pre-medical students, are able to advance their education after graduation.

dannette

Troy University is best known for high academics scholars which includes poets and writers, and most importantaly having an array of campass sites throughtout the United States. Which encourage individuals as well as those in a group to stay focus on higher learner and getting to know the college they plan on attending along with that college mission statement.

There are times that you have to encourage yourself. In life, there are two roads to take, the right road and the left road. I would encourage myself not to be afraid of taking “The road not taken” by Robert Frost. I believed that I took the left road, however it was the right road for me; and knowing that comes with wisdom. In knowing what I know now, I would have revisited by long and short- term goals more frequently rather than waiting on the unexpected to occur. My dreams and goals are the reasons that I continue to pursue my tranquil life, and the productive example to set for others. I am the woman then and now, with great destiny and fulfilling purpose with endless dreams and possibilities that will forever leave an everlasting impression on my family and the world. I am the woman then and now with the mindset to dominate my future.

Troy Universitlitiesy in Albany, Georgia opened my eyes to turning my dreams into possibilities. For twenty five years I had not been in school and Doubted whether or not I would flourish with so much against me. Troy caterated , not only to the working adult but anyone that was serious about their future and that was willing to put in the time to excel. The advisors along with the professor made it clear that there were no limit on what I could achieve. Now my life is filled with endless possibilites.

Lydia

Our school is best known for it's wide array of campuses around the world. The teachers that teach here are world-class and often have many awards and degrees in the class they teach.

Don't worry about so much. It's not as hard as you think it's going to be!

The faculty and students are one of the best things about Troy. You always feel at home when you're at Troy.

Desiree

If I could go back to myself in high school and tell myself anything it would be not to take off a semester before going back to school. Don’t spend 7 years trying to figure out what to do because you wanted to take off a semester and got caught up in life. Don’t get caught up spending credit cards you have on things you don't need. I’d tell myself to save any money that I had because books, oh man, books are expensive! Not to mention tuition which had I known then goes up every semester. I’d tell myself that we’re going to have a recession so any penny saved is eventually a dollar earned that sadly school will consume all of. I’d tell myself that just because your friends aren’t going to college, doesn’t mean you look like a nerd for going. College really is to better your own life, and you can pretty much choose your own schedule. Lastly I’d tell myself to work my butt off because you get more scholarships if they see that you weren’t a slacker in high school.

Troy University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.