Troy, AL
Troy University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Troy University

Troy University is a smaller, but growing university. It has a friendly and welcoming atmosphere that separates itself from other universitites. Troy University not only provides an excellent education, but provides the opportunity to meet students from all over the world. Troy University welcomes more international students than most universities. This provides students the chance to experience cultures from the whole world. Troy also excells in providing an excellent arts program. The John M. Long School of Music attracts hundreds of students each year. Troy University is able to give its students a well-rounded education throughout their college years.

First of all, I would have told myself to apply for more scholarships. Before you enter college, you know it is expensive and scholarships are vital. Even though I may have thought I had enough money to pay, I still had to pay plenty of money to cover my costs. Hidden fees and costs high school seniors are not aware of, later cause most freshmen to pay extra money. Secondly, I would have told my past self to be more social when I came to college. I was rather shy in high school and I wanted to change that when I went to college. I would have reminded my self of that fact if I could go back and speak to my former self.

Troy University is well-known for their music program. It is the largest organization on campus and attracts more students to Troy than any other organization. Troy also has a record for getting almost ninety percent of their pre-med students accepted into medical school. Troy's advisors and professors go out of their way to encourage and guide their students in their educational path. With their advice students, particularly pre-medical students, are able to advance their education after graduation.

dannette

Troy University is best known for high academics scholars which includes poets and writers, and most importantaly having an array of campass sites throughtout the United States. Which encourage individuals as well as those in a group to stay focus on higher learner and getting to know the college they plan on attending along with that college mission statement.

There are times that you have to encourage yourself. In life, there are two roads to take, the right road and the left road. I would encourage myself not to be afraid of taking “The road not taken” by Robert Frost. I believed that I took the left road, however it was the right road for me; and knowing that comes with wisdom. In knowing what I know now, I would have revisited by long and short- term goals more frequently rather than waiting on the unexpected to occur. My dreams and goals are the reasons that I continue to pursue my tranquil life, and the productive example to set for others. I am the woman then and now, with great destiny and fulfilling purpose with endless dreams and possibilities that will forever leave an everlasting impression on my family and the world. I am the woman then and now with the mindset to dominate my future.

Troy Universitlitiesy in Albany, Georgia opened my eyes to turning my dreams into possibilities. For twenty five years I had not been in school and Doubted whether or not I would flourish with so much against me. Troy caterated , not only to the working adult but anyone that was serious about their future and that was willing to put in the time to excel. The advisors along with the professor made it clear that there were no limit on what I could achieve. Now my life is filled with endless possibilites.

Lydia

Our school is best known for it's wide array of campuses around the world. The teachers that teach here are world-class and often have many awards and degrees in the class they teach.

Don't worry about so much. It's not as hard as you think it's going to be!

The faculty and students are one of the best things about Troy. You always feel at home when you're at Troy.

Desiree

If I could go back to myself in high school and tell myself anything it would be not to take off a semester before going back to school. Don’t spend 7 years trying to figure out what to do because you wanted to take off a semester and got caught up in life. Don’t get caught up spending credit cards you have on things you don't need. I’d tell myself to save any money that I had because books, oh man, books are expensive! Not to mention tuition which had I known then goes up every semester. I’d tell myself that we’re going to have a recession so any penny saved is eventually a dollar earned that sadly school will consume all of. I’d tell myself that just because your friends aren’t going to college, doesn’t mean you look like a nerd for going. College really is to better your own life, and you can pretty much choose your own schedule. Lastly I’d tell myself to work my butt off because you get more scholarships if they see that you weren’t a slacker in high school.

chrislamae

If I was to go back in time and give myself an advice, it would have to be: prepare yourself for what's ahead in the future and apply to as many scholarships you are able to. I had my mind set on to what I was going to major in and how I was going to finish it all within a time period that I had set for myself. I can't say I didn't apply to any scholarship programs but I wasn't motivated at all. All I wanted to do was get done with high school and get started in the real world. Easier said than done. I wasn't prepared for anything that was thrown at me. I thought it was suppose to go smoothly like it did in my head. College classes took me by surprise and before I knew it I had to drop one of my classes. All I have to say is that keep your mind open to any possibilities that might come to you, prepare yourself of what's to come, apply to as many scholarships as you can, and don't let your senioritis get the best of you.

jeanitta

Hey first off, no you did not invent that time machine you made up in your head when you were twelve. Lets just say you steped in a time warp and got lucky. Secondly go ahead and apply for Savanah School of Art and Design, you or should I say we are talented enough for a scholarship. Stop holding back you ideas and being afraid of failing, what good is that doing? Sometimes you just have to put your mind on hold and let go. Thats something you don't do, just relax and have fun. You over analyze and try to control everything which is impossible. So all I'm asking is to loosen up and talk to people so they won't go back and say a year later when they see you and say that they thought you were a stuck up prude with no sense of humor. See you in two years fool hope you have a nice summer and p.s. don't go to Disneyland it was lame to the highest degree.

Being more outgoing is a major flaw in who I am so I wish I had known how to be less shy. Coming to a school like Troy after attending Faulkner state for a semester is a big diffrence. Troy University is an extremely social school, students make sure that their peers have a fun experience. There are movie nights on campus which gives you an opportunity to meet new people and there are always different kinds of events to mingle with other students. Football isnt my thing but i have to admit I have a blast.

The best way to describe Troy University's downfall is the rural small town vibe. For some people small town can be but a let down for me and many others thats the best part. When talking to a perspective student who wants to major in something like say the Law might not be the school for you because even though Troy has a large student body you will won't meet as many people from all walks of life which is really something a Lawyer should focus on. It depends on your major and how you learn.

brittany

Take standarized tests multiple times, be opento changing your major, work hard but have fun too

A person who likes the big city

Hope

My classmates are just like the ones in my high school because we all interact with each other, like we have known each other our whole lives.

My school is best known for its college's. There is the College of Education, College of Math and Science, and College of Business. All of these special colleges are just one of the great things about Troy University. They help you with everything you need to know.

So far, my college experience has been everything I could ask for. I have been able to meet new people that will be lifelong friends in just a few short months. My first semester was a crazy one because I had no idea what college was going to be like. In high school everything was almost handed to me because I was a teachers pet and worked as hard as I could to be salutatorian of my class. In college I am trying my best to work hard as I did when I was in high school. It is valuable to me because in today's time, you can't make a living with out a college degree. I chose to work hard for what I wanted and plan to keep it that way. College is making me see that life isn't a free ride. What you want, you have to work for, and that's how I'm going to stay on track with my life so I can provide for the family that I one day want to have.

Cassandra

I have gotten several things out of my college experience. I have gotten to experience the college classroom atmosphere. It is more relaxed than the high school classroom atmosphere. I have also experienced how people in college are more willing to help each other through study groups. It has been valuable to atten college because I know that I am getting my education to better myself in my future. College is a good step to achieving my future goals. Attending is very important because once you stop going, I think that it would be hard to go back. It is definately hard to get back on track once you have gone off your course of going to class everyday.

The best thing about my school is the night classes. They make going to school easier on the working adult. Although it may be a full day for someone, they can still go to a classroom and get a lecture that a non-working college student has the opportunity to get.

The kind of person that should attend Troy University on the Montgomery campus are working adults or students that live locally and want to stay at home.

Troy University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.