Troy, AL
Troy University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Troy University

Angelique

By attending a Military College, I am able to obtain leadership skills that are absolutely pivotal in the outside world. I am pushed to my limits in both an academic, physical, and mental sense. Being a cadet is like having a full time job as well as full time courseload, your everyday activities but immense ammounts of pressure on you, but by doing so, bolster your confidence. I believe that this is vital for a successful lifestyle outside of the College Campus. I know that when I go out into the civilian world, I'll have not only a fantastic academic experience, but also an absolute confidence that will help me reach my goals. College is like a diving board, without it, you can still swim, but if you want to compete; you need a decent diving board to delve into the waters of a successful life. The experiences and education you obtain in College, are incomparable and more important than anything you will ever achieve otherwise.

April

Troy University is convienant and has something for everyone.

Troy University is convienant and has something for everyone.

Before coming to Troy, I was in class with a lot of young students. It was very hard to concentrate inside the classroom. I tried online classes at those schools but they required that we meet for class once a week. At Troy, it's totally online. I am teaching myself but I have the options to come to class a 8 AM or 8PM without a long drive and finding parking. The class is setup through a program called Blackboard and we have classroom dicussions (without being interrupted) and a student lounge where we can chat about anything. The teachers at Troy go the extra mile to make sure that you ar eunderstanding the material. The teachers have an open door policy and you can talk to them about anything. Troy has help shape and mold me to learn not only what the teacher is teaching but to empower me to learn more information about the topic on my own. Weekly I have to write papers about that weeks assignments and what I understood from it and the teachers allow us to write freely, how we speak or our natural language. I have enjoyed this experience greatly.,

I like that Troy University is the only school in Alabama with an Interpreter Training Program. They also offer the program online and alot of schools only offer it on campus. Troy has a diverse student body and there are student in my classes from all over the world. I get to learn about the course as well as the studentsand their backgrounds.

David

I started my college career at Troy University as a 34 year old father married and working full time as a deputy sheriff. Troy University offered me the convenience and flexibility of an online education. A quality online education that was engageing and challenging. I wasted a good part of my youth but thanks to Troy I have filled that gap. I am now a graduate looking to further my education. I would and have recomended Troy to my co-workers as an accomadating school for a working adult.

I was well informed of the school and it met my needs and expectations

I was enrolled online and worked fulltime as a deputy sheriif. Troy University offered me a challenging degree program that fit well with my busy lifestyle of work and family.

Sandra

What college gave me? The experience of a life time. I learned how to study, socialize, give back to the community, and manage my time. I found out that I could do what I thought was impossible - to get a degree. This gave me confidence in myself, the knowledge needed to get a job, and the ablity to reach out to others and make a difference. Was the studying and not going out all the time worth it. You better believe it. I have continued to grow in my profession and am now going back to school. Come on board and join me. Where there is a will, you will find a way!

The amount of time to study to get the degree.

Really, nothing. I enjoyed my time and experience at Troy.

Daniel

Troy University is a well-balanced, energetic place of learning full of variety and opportunity.

At first glance, Troy would seem to focus a lot on its sports program. However, underneath this exterior one can find a number of alternative interest to dive into. For example, Troy has an outstanding theater and dance program, a dynamic graphic design program, and an outstanding band. Regardless of the field of study, I've always been impressed by Troy's academic depth, skillfully masked by its affinity for athletics (we've got to make money, right?).

I found my wife and a love for both words and ideas that will never leave me. My time at Troy is anything but forgettable - the quality of the faculty, the coursework, and the campus have made it memorable for all the right reasons. It has cemented an academic foundation that has prepared me for both my academic, professional, and social career.

Joshua

Troy University offers a quick, simple, structured system which allows students to decide what times best fit their schedules as well as a variety of courses available online. Troy offers an assortment of sports, clubs, organizations, and opportunities for the vast majority to take part.

From the start of my college experience, I have learned a lot about the transition from a protected routine of prior academics onto the real world of expenses and labor-driven income. A mountain of communication and retainment has passed between teacher to student, advisor to parent, employer to employee, and, more often, student to student. The socialization is different and welcoming and the curiosity, explosive. With each new answer I've received, a new question was asked. I've learn about what my interests are, my strengths and weaknesses, as well as how to open up and explore different ideas and fields. Overall, I would have to say college is more than pursuing a degree and a desired income - college is an experience that will help build a foundation and better understanding of, not only one's self and one's future, but also one's family and friends. The onlookers who see the determination and dedication blazing in those striving for academic excellency will hopefully be inspired to do the same.

Though I do not see many things terrible about Troy University, I do wish the off-campus sites would offer more in-class courses as opposed to online - the interaction and face-to-face communications provide a more effective learning environment, in my opinion.

Troy University is unique for their online degree programs. Being a military spouse, it is ideal to be able to complete my college education online. The reasons being because I never know when my husband will be away from home and, other than myself, we do not have child care for our daughter. Being able to stay at home for school saves us from having to pay for child care. Troy University also has many campuses through out the U.S, including military installations, and that makes it very easy to communicate.

My college experience has changed my attitude toward the outlook of my future. I used to be very negative and not strive to do anything. When I met my husband he pushed me to return to college, and I have earned an Associates degree. We also have a 2 year old daughter and I want to show her that a college education is possible to acheive no matter your situation. College is extrememly valuable to attend for the sake of pursuing an ideal career for you. As hard as it is to admit, I do not know everything there is to know, and I get great satisfation out of learning something new every day. Another thing I have gotten out of my college experience is being able to motivate my husband to start his college career and to better himself within the Air Force.

The one thing I brag about the most is Troy's online degree programs. I think it is the best thing yet. They are also extremely helpful in getting you started. I also like to brag that Troy is military friendly in a way that they have offices on many Air Force bases, making is very easy to map out your time with the school.

Annie

College helped mold me into the person I am today. The college experience is centered around your education and career path, but that's not all its about. You gain valuable social skills while attending college. These skills will benefit you for the rest of your life and make the degree you acheive invaluable. Of course, course work and learning your field are the most important. But you cannot fully gain everything you need from a strictly "online" atmosphere. The college experience is something no one can create or duplicate for you. Each person will expierence something different. I met lifelong friends and mentors. The people I met in college are irreplaceable. And I would not trade my path for anything. I hold dear everything I was taught and learned while in college, whether it was in a classroom or out in the real world. My professors worked hard to make sure I succeeded and I worked hard to better myself. College cannot be replaced by anything. It is one of the most important and cherished times of my life. The skills learned during that time will follow you for your entire life, and will be used every day.

Troy University is an excellent school, with a great staff and environment surrounding it. You shouldn't attend Troy if you are looking to avoid enjoying your college experience, while obtaining a prestigious degree at the same time. If you don't want professors who know your name and care about your education, then you should not attend Troy. There are so many opportunities to succeed, and every member of the faculty and staff at Troy devote all their time and energy into making this possible. Troy is extremely diverse, but you also get that great Southern atmosphere.

I brag about the great education I received from Troy. I was one of the sceptics of Troy when I first went there, but Troy is growing by leaps and bounds. Its a great school and town to be a part of. I am a proud Troy alumni, because Troy cares about my future. Everything I was exposed to and acheived at Troy gave me ample skills for my future. Troy helped set me up for success in my future. Anyone who attended Troy is proud of their degree, because Troy is devoted to its students.

rudi

Troy Trojan football is very well known. When football season comes around everyone becomes really excited. The town shows so much support for the university's football team. Football season brings out the comradery here at Troy. the team plays alot of big names every year, and each year we give them a run for their money.

When I left my home in Tampa, Florida to attend Troy University I put myself out of my comfort zone. My initial motive when I decided to become a student at Troy was to be a student-athlete. What I didn't know was all the experiences I would have, all the people I would meet, and how these events would mold me into the person I am today. Troy is a place where the culture differed from what I had grown up around, and the people I have met here have really broadened my horizons to new things. Not only can I respect differing values, I have also learned to appreciate them.The fact that I moved away from home, and went to a place where I knew nobody really tested my character as a person. My parents were very far away, so if I ever needed anything it was up to myself to get it. I stumbled through my first year with a couple of blunders, but now I am steady on my own two feet. College has changed my perspective on life for the better, and has given me a new self value.

i wish i wouldve known that that the town was very small. There is not much to do so students make their own fun. There are no clubs to go out ot at night. Alot of people here are typical southerners. Coming from a large city to such a small town was a very big transition, and i find myself now missing all the activities a big city has to offer.

Makayla

I have learned more than I ever could imagine. Overall, I have learned that I am a strong person and I can persevere through hard classes and rough medical times. I am able to publicly speech without being nervous and am able to talk to others aorund me and ask for help. It has been valuable for me to attend college because it has allowed me to get various prepectives on life and how things work. I am smarter than others around me including my family members and can articulate things around them that they do not understand in a way they can understand it. It has helped me understand that education is very important and without it, it would be tough to survive and harder to be successful in life.

Troy University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.