Troy, AL
Troy University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Troy University

chrislamae

If I was to go back in time and give myself an advice, it would have to be: prepare yourself for what's ahead in the future and apply to as many scholarships you are able to. I had my mind set on to what I was going to major in and how I was going to finish it all within a time period that I had set for myself. I can't say I didn't apply to any scholarship programs but I wasn't motivated at all. All I wanted to do was get done with high school and get started in the real world. Easier said than done. I wasn't prepared for anything that was thrown at me. I thought it was suppose to go smoothly like it did in my head. College classes took me by surprise and before I knew it I had to drop one of my classes. All I have to say is that keep your mind open to any possibilities that might come to you, prepare yourself of what's to come, apply to as many scholarships as you can, and don't let your senioritis get the best of you.

jeanitta

Hey first off, no you did not invent that time machine you made up in your head when you were twelve. Lets just say you steped in a time warp and got lucky. Secondly go ahead and apply for Savanah School of Art and Design, you or should I say we are talented enough for a scholarship. Stop holding back you ideas and being afraid of failing, what good is that doing? Sometimes you just have to put your mind on hold and let go. Thats something you don't do, just relax and have fun. You over analyze and try to control everything which is impossible. So all I'm asking is to loosen up and talk to people so they won't go back and say a year later when they see you and say that they thought you were a stuck up prude with no sense of humor. See you in two years fool hope you have a nice summer and p.s. don't go to Disneyland it was lame to the highest degree.

Being more outgoing is a major flaw in who I am so I wish I had known how to be less shy. Coming to a school like Troy after attending Faulkner state for a semester is a big diffrence. Troy University is an extremely social school, students make sure that their peers have a fun experience. There are movie nights on campus which gives you an opportunity to meet new people and there are always different kinds of events to mingle with other students. Football isnt my thing but i have to admit I have a blast.

The best way to describe Troy University's downfall is the rural small town vibe. For some people small town can be but a let down for me and many others thats the best part. When talking to a perspective student who wants to major in something like say the Law might not be the school for you because even though Troy has a large student body you will won't meet as many people from all walks of life which is really something a Lawyer should focus on. It depends on your major and how you learn.

brittany

Take standarized tests multiple times, be opento changing your major, work hard but have fun too

A person who likes the big city

Hope

My classmates are just like the ones in my high school because we all interact with each other, like we have known each other our whole lives.

My school is best known for its college's. There is the College of Education, College of Math and Science, and College of Business. All of these special colleges are just one of the great things about Troy University. They help you with everything you need to know.

So far, my college experience has been everything I could ask for. I have been able to meet new people that will be lifelong friends in just a few short months. My first semester was a crazy one because I had no idea what college was going to be like. In high school everything was almost handed to me because I was a teachers pet and worked as hard as I could to be salutatorian of my class. In college I am trying my best to work hard as I did when I was in high school. It is valuable to me because in today's time, you can't make a living with out a college degree. I chose to work hard for what I wanted and plan to keep it that way. College is making me see that life isn't a free ride. What you want, you have to work for, and that's how I'm going to stay on track with my life so I can provide for the family that I one day want to have.

Cassandra

I have gotten several things out of my college experience. I have gotten to experience the college classroom atmosphere. It is more relaxed than the high school classroom atmosphere. I have also experienced how people in college are more willing to help each other through study groups. It has been valuable to atten college because I know that I am getting my education to better myself in my future. College is a good step to achieving my future goals. Attending is very important because once you stop going, I think that it would be hard to go back. It is definately hard to get back on track once you have gone off your course of going to class everyday.

The best thing about my school is the night classes. They make going to school easier on the working adult. Although it may be a full day for someone, they can still go to a classroom and get a lecture that a non-working college student has the opportunity to get.

The kind of person that should attend Troy University on the Montgomery campus are working adults or students that live locally and want to stay at home.

Angelique

By attending a Military College, I am able to obtain leadership skills that are absolutely pivotal in the outside world. I am pushed to my limits in both an academic, physical, and mental sense. Being a cadet is like having a full time job as well as full time courseload, your everyday activities but immense ammounts of pressure on you, but by doing so, bolster your confidence. I believe that this is vital for a successful lifestyle outside of the College Campus. I know that when I go out into the civilian world, I'll have not only a fantastic academic experience, but also an absolute confidence that will help me reach my goals. College is like a diving board, without it, you can still swim, but if you want to compete; you need a decent diving board to delve into the waters of a successful life. The experiences and education you obtain in College, are incomparable and more important than anything you will ever achieve otherwise.

April

Troy University is convienant and has something for everyone.

Troy University is convienant and has something for everyone.

Before coming to Troy, I was in class with a lot of young students. It was very hard to concentrate inside the classroom. I tried online classes at those schools but they required that we meet for class once a week. At Troy, it's totally online. I am teaching myself but I have the options to come to class a 8 AM or 8PM without a long drive and finding parking. The class is setup through a program called Blackboard and we have classroom dicussions (without being interrupted) and a student lounge where we can chat about anything. The teachers at Troy go the extra mile to make sure that you ar eunderstanding the material. The teachers have an open door policy and you can talk to them about anything. Troy has help shape and mold me to learn not only what the teacher is teaching but to empower me to learn more information about the topic on my own. Weekly I have to write papers about that weeks assignments and what I understood from it and the teachers allow us to write freely, how we speak or our natural language. I have enjoyed this experience greatly.,

I like that Troy University is the only school in Alabama with an Interpreter Training Program. They also offer the program online and alot of schools only offer it on campus. Troy has a diverse student body and there are student in my classes from all over the world. I get to learn about the course as well as the studentsand their backgrounds.

David

I started my college career at Troy University as a 34 year old father married and working full time as a deputy sheriff. Troy University offered me the convenience and flexibility of an online education. A quality online education that was engageing and challenging. I wasted a good part of my youth but thanks to Troy I have filled that gap. I am now a graduate looking to further my education. I would and have recomended Troy to my co-workers as an accomadating school for a working adult.

I was well informed of the school and it met my needs and expectations

I was enrolled online and worked fulltime as a deputy sheriif. Troy University offered me a challenging degree program that fit well with my busy lifestyle of work and family.

Sandra

What college gave me? The experience of a life time. I learned how to study, socialize, give back to the community, and manage my time. I found out that I could do what I thought was impossible - to get a degree. This gave me confidence in myself, the knowledge needed to get a job, and the ablity to reach out to others and make a difference. Was the studying and not going out all the time worth it. You better believe it. I have continued to grow in my profession and am now going back to school. Come on board and join me. Where there is a will, you will find a way!

The amount of time to study to get the degree.

Really, nothing. I enjoyed my time and experience at Troy.

Troy University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.