Troy, AL
Troy University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Troy University

Daniel

Troy University is a well-balanced, energetic place of learning full of variety and opportunity.

At first glance, Troy would seem to focus a lot on its sports program. However, underneath this exterior one can find a number of alternative interest to dive into. For example, Troy has an outstanding theater and dance program, a dynamic graphic design program, and an outstanding band. Regardless of the field of study, I've always been impressed by Troy's academic depth, skillfully masked by its affinity for athletics (we've got to make money, right?).

I found my wife and a love for both words and ideas that will never leave me. My time at Troy is anything but forgettable - the quality of the faculty, the coursework, and the campus have made it memorable for all the right reasons. It has cemented an academic foundation that has prepared me for both my academic, professional, and social career.

Joshua

Troy University offers a quick, simple, structured system which allows students to decide what times best fit their schedules as well as a variety of courses available online. Troy offers an assortment of sports, clubs, organizations, and opportunities for the vast majority to take part.

From the start of my college experience, I have learned a lot about the transition from a protected routine of prior academics onto the real world of expenses and labor-driven income. A mountain of communication and retainment has passed between teacher to student, advisor to parent, employer to employee, and, more often, student to student. The socialization is different and welcoming and the curiosity, explosive. With each new answer I've received, a new question was asked. I've learn about what my interests are, my strengths and weaknesses, as well as how to open up and explore different ideas and fields. Overall, I would have to say college is more than pursuing a degree and a desired income - college is an experience that will help build a foundation and better understanding of, not only one's self and one's future, but also one's family and friends. The onlookers who see the determination and dedication blazing in those striving for academic excellency will hopefully be inspired to do the same.

Though I do not see many things terrible about Troy University, I do wish the off-campus sites would offer more in-class courses as opposed to online - the interaction and face-to-face communications provide a more effective learning environment, in my opinion.

Troy University is unique for their online degree programs. Being a military spouse, it is ideal to be able to complete my college education online. The reasons being because I never know when my husband will be away from home and, other than myself, we do not have child care for our daughter. Being able to stay at home for school saves us from having to pay for child care. Troy University also has many campuses through out the U.S, including military installations, and that makes it very easy to communicate.

My college experience has changed my attitude toward the outlook of my future. I used to be very negative and not strive to do anything. When I met my husband he pushed me to return to college, and I have earned an Associates degree. We also have a 2 year old daughter and I want to show her that a college education is possible to acheive no matter your situation. College is extrememly valuable to attend for the sake of pursuing an ideal career for you. As hard as it is to admit, I do not know everything there is to know, and I get great satisfation out of learning something new every day. Another thing I have gotten out of my college experience is being able to motivate my husband to start his college career and to better himself within the Air Force.

The one thing I brag about the most is Troy's online degree programs. I think it is the best thing yet. They are also extremely helpful in getting you started. I also like to brag that Troy is military friendly in a way that they have offices on many Air Force bases, making is very easy to map out your time with the school.

Annie

College helped mold me into the person I am today. The college experience is centered around your education and career path, but that's not all its about. You gain valuable social skills while attending college. These skills will benefit you for the rest of your life and make the degree you acheive invaluable. Of course, course work and learning your field are the most important. But you cannot fully gain everything you need from a strictly "online" atmosphere. The college experience is something no one can create or duplicate for you. Each person will expierence something different. I met lifelong friends and mentors. The people I met in college are irreplaceable. And I would not trade my path for anything. I hold dear everything I was taught and learned while in college, whether it was in a classroom or out in the real world. My professors worked hard to make sure I succeeded and I worked hard to better myself. College cannot be replaced by anything. It is one of the most important and cherished times of my life. The skills learned during that time will follow you for your entire life, and will be used every day.

Troy University is an excellent school, with a great staff and environment surrounding it. You shouldn't attend Troy if you are looking to avoid enjoying your college experience, while obtaining a prestigious degree at the same time. If you don't want professors who know your name and care about your education, then you should not attend Troy. There are so many opportunities to succeed, and every member of the faculty and staff at Troy devote all their time and energy into making this possible. Troy is extremely diverse, but you also get that great Southern atmosphere.

I brag about the great education I received from Troy. I was one of the sceptics of Troy when I first went there, but Troy is growing by leaps and bounds. Its a great school and town to be a part of. I am a proud Troy alumni, because Troy cares about my future. Everything I was exposed to and acheived at Troy gave me ample skills for my future. Troy helped set me up for success in my future. Anyone who attended Troy is proud of their degree, because Troy is devoted to its students.

rudi

Troy Trojan football is very well known. When football season comes around everyone becomes really excited. The town shows so much support for the university's football team. Football season brings out the comradery here at Troy. the team plays alot of big names every year, and each year we give them a run for their money.

When I left my home in Tampa, Florida to attend Troy University I put myself out of my comfort zone. My initial motive when I decided to become a student at Troy was to be a student-athlete. What I didn't know was all the experiences I would have, all the people I would meet, and how these events would mold me into the person I am today. Troy is a place where the culture differed from what I had grown up around, and the people I have met here have really broadened my horizons to new things. Not only can I respect differing values, I have also learned to appreciate them.The fact that I moved away from home, and went to a place where I knew nobody really tested my character as a person. My parents were very far away, so if I ever needed anything it was up to myself to get it. I stumbled through my first year with a couple of blunders, but now I am steady on my own two feet. College has changed my perspective on life for the better, and has given me a new self value.

i wish i wouldve known that that the town was very small. There is not much to do so students make their own fun. There are no clubs to go out ot at night. Alot of people here are typical southerners. Coming from a large city to such a small town was a very big transition, and i find myself now missing all the activities a big city has to offer.

Makayla

I have learned more than I ever could imagine. Overall, I have learned that I am a strong person and I can persevere through hard classes and rough medical times. I am able to publicly speech without being nervous and am able to talk to others aorund me and ask for help. It has been valuable for me to attend college because it has allowed me to get various prepectives on life and how things work. I am smarter than others around me including my family members and can articulate things around them that they do not understand in a way they can understand it. It has helped me understand that education is very important and without it, it would be tough to survive and harder to be successful in life.

Tori

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior, I would talk about money. As a senior, I knew that money spending was going to be a work in progress. I would tell myself that I did not need to buy a parking decal because walking to school is cheaper and better for the environment. Also, the time spent looking for a parking spot, you could have already walked to campus and be in class. Also, not to worry about trying to hang out with my friends all the time. In order to succeed, you should put your all into whatever you because there is always someone working harder, but do not lose sight of who your friends are.

I wish I would have known better tactics of spending money. Living in a college town gets very expensive. I wish I could have known how to spend my money wisely my first year. I had to call home several times and ask for help. Luckily, this year I have a roommate who has helped me greatly and wouldlove to be able to help them also.

I brag about how the university allows us to go to the local theatre and watch new movies for just $1. I look forward to every other wednesday night when I am able to see the movies in theatres for seven dollars cheaper.

Sandra

If I could go back and have a conversation with my high school senior self, I would tell me to live the college life more fully! I would tell me to decide what I truly want to do in life. I would say, "Ask yourself what do you want to get up and participate in every day of the rest of your life? What would make you wake up in the morning and say 'Hey, I get to do this today!' It's not just about what has the highest pay scale. Money can buy things, but they can't make you happy. Loving your life and being fulfilled is what makes you happy." Also, I would tell myself to find a college that not only prepares me for that career, but one that would thrust me into that life while still in college through organizations, societies, and activities. Then, I would say, "Hey, everything is going to be ok. You will have a great life and an awesome family! So don't to rush that part of it. Be sure to create many awesome memories in college to encourage your children when they are starting college."

Anyone with a desire to learn and further their edudation would be a great fit for Troy. There's also a diverse range of activities and events that make the campus interesting. There's always something to do!

Troy is a very diverse college and great for a lot folks. If you have no intention of actually learning something, then you might not be a good fit.

Cody

They are all nice so far.

They are all nice so far.

Be preapred as best as you can. Get all the facts and processes that need to be done for all colleges . Get the best scores you can in High School. Every point counts. The better you make, the better chance you have of getting scolarships that will help pay for the expenses that are going to come about.

It is easy to get around the campus and everyone seems to be really nice and helpful.

Troy University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.