Troy, AL
Troy University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Troy University

alingo

I would want to know about grants, scholarships, loans, and workstudy. Schools should have give information to freshman to explain the process.

some classes are not offered during the day

Kimberly

From the classes I have taken classmates that I have had are very helpful, friendly, and all eager to get the work done in class. They are willing to give information to better help with your education.

I would go back and really focus on my GPA, the courses that I take, and pay more attention. I would have traveled and visited colleges to expand my options of school choice and made necessary arraignments to complete all the paper work to be accepted before my graduation as senior. When college recruitors would come in to the high school I would be more attentive and ask many questions. I can also say I would do more to research how I could pay for college since I am the first one in my family to attend college. I would not have to take out student loans because I would have a scholarship.

A Lazy person who just does not want to do anything with their life.

I would give myself the advice on how to study. I believe if I could go back and have told myself that in High School I didn't study, but one day that is going to be important. High school they don't focus on studying. If I could of had someone give me studying tips or had a class on it, I believe college would of been a lot less stressful. I believe high was a joke to some of the teachers. They gave busy instead of helping the students for life beyond high school. I feel that once I got to high school they focused more about how fast to get out. I would of like to have known how to study. If I could go I would tell myself to learn how to study, life not going to be this breezy.

The best thing about my school is that there are lots of students who enjoy working with other students. Sometimes it is hard for people in there early twenties, so having other people encouraging you do better is awesome. There is a program called UAC that is always trying to get students involved in the so called college life. Which helps students get to know more students. When I first started school at Troy, the advisor who helped me register for the first time was so awesome. That lady inspired to continue on with school at Troy.

The only person who should not attend Troy University is the one who does not like an open ethnicity group. Troy is so involved in having a wide variety of students and professors. Troy really does a lot in making everyone something. People should go to Troy because they want to better themselves in life, if they can't do that then they need to stay home.

Nicholas

The most unique thing about Troy is that troy has over 27 different campus in which you are able to to attend to get your classes done at anygiven time!

If i knew what i know now about college life i would have worked on my study habits so much more because when i came to school i had no idea how to study! I'm just now learning how to study.

The worst thing about Troy is that the sutdents leave on the wwekeneds, so as it gose for having something to do on the weekends is very slim!

Octavia

If I had the opportunity, I would start preparing for college and all it's expenses earlier. I would have applied for more scholarships read up more on college life.

I believe the worst thing about my school is the lack of traditional classes and students.

I would have to say the smaller classes, the hands on help and the student spport services

Talona

Some of the classmates that we interact with online are very helpful and willing to learn. There are a few that do not participate in group discussions or assignments. For the most part, I have enjoyed the relationship that I have had with the students in my classes.

If I had the ability to travel back in time as a senior in high school, I would inform myself of the importance of getting all of the education now because they are very important in the continuance and the completion of my college courses. I would also tell myself to prepare mentally of being in college. It is a different life than being in high school. I would have to lean and depend more on myself and less on my parents. My instructors and professors in college will not baby me and continue to remind me of upcoming assignments that are due or quizzes and exams. I would need to learn and practice taking effective notes, time management, and organizing. Enjoy life and prepare to begin a new life during my time in a college setting.

I consider Troy University to be a college that cares about their students succeeding in the experience at their school and after they graduate. I am an online student and have had the best possible experience that I could have imagined at this facility.

Pamela

The advice i would give myself would be to become a little more outspoken. I would also tell myself to take advantage of that last year as a dependent student, because when you become a college student you kind of become independent in a way. what i mean is like no one is going to make you do your work, make sure you go to class , and come wake you up for school. I guess i would tell myself to train for becoming an independent student, even though i didn't have any problems when the time came.

Well, the best thing about my school is it not to big nor to smalll,but just right. Another thing about my school is that it is not to far from my hometown, so i can go home when i want. I also like the environment,people, and the school itself.

Before i came to this school i wish i would have known exactly what i wanted to major in.

Rebekah

Troy is the perfect sized school for someone who wants the college experience but doesn't want to feel lost in their school.

If I could visit myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to enjoy the little things. I've learned in my 3 1/2 years of college that the memories I hold aren't about what tests I passed or failed, but about the times I spent hanging out with friends. Late night Waffle House runs, midnight trips to the beach, taking pictures and videos in the park - I will remember these moments for the rest of my life. Not only would I tell myself to enjoy the small things, but I would also give myself the advice to not date my freshman year. I changed and grew up so much after my freshman year. I would tell myself to take the time to spend with friends instead of just one guy. Finally, I would tell myself to take any and all opportunities to serve others. Whether it was mission trips or service projects, I wish I had taken better advantage of those opportunities to give back to the community.

I wish I had better known what I wanted to do as a career when I first began school. I would have been able to graduate on time, if I had known better beforehand what field I wanted to go into.

Dakkia

I think Troy University is considered a school of execellence where I have learned so much in just one year.

I would definetly have taken college course when I was in high school and was graduating I would have went directly to a school like Troy University. I started at a small comunity college but didn't really take my classes serious but now since I have been with Troy I have recieved nothing but A's and B's in all of my classes. I feel that I have accomplished so much with Troy in one year than the two years that I went to a community college. The teachers there are very understanding and work is very easy to understand as long as you apply yourself. I would reccommend anyone to go to college right after highschool and not procrastinate.

The worst thing I would say is the labs because there are problems accessing the labs online.

Kimberly

There is so much I have learned when I "thought I knew it all", but the first thing I would have done was not stopped furthering my education in the first place. I am 33 years old and I could have been finished this degree and would not have had to struggle so hard in life. If I were a high school senior I would tell myself that cute little boys can wait. I got pregnant my senior year causing me to not be able to get a athletic scholarship. Things could have been a lot different for me if I would have went to college after high school. The other thing I would tell myself is how important my GPA is to attend a awesome college and for scholarships. I always just did enough to get by, never did I think it was important back then to go above and beyond. I have a son who is a junior in high school and my goal is to be finished with college before he graduates. I told him that I would be walking across the stage right before him and with this financial blessing I could easily complete my goal.

Anyone who is willing to get their degree and further there education. This school works with students of all backgrounds. Whether you are a single parent, married, freshmen just starting, or a person who just decided to go to college at a late age. This will be the school for you.

The amount of the classes and the way books are ordered.

Troy University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.