Troy, AL
Troy University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Troy University

Kimberly

There is so much I have learned when I "thought I knew it all", but the first thing I would have done was not stopped furthering my education in the first place. I am 33 years old and I could have been finished this degree and would not have had to struggle so hard in life. If I were a high school senior I would tell myself that cute little boys can wait. I got pregnant my senior year causing me to not be able to get a athletic scholarship. Things could have been a lot different for me if I would have went to college after high school. The other thing I would tell myself is how important my GPA is to attend a awesome college and for scholarships. I always just did enough to get by, never did I think it was important back then to go above and beyond. I have a son who is a junior in high school and my goal is to be finished with college before he graduates. I told him that I would be walking across the stage right before him and with this financial blessing I could easily complete my goal.

Anyone who is willing to get their degree and further there education. This school works with students of all backgrounds. Whether you are a single parent, married, freshmen just starting, or a person who just decided to go to college at a late age. This will be the school for you.

The amount of the classes and the way books are ordered.

Alvely

I will tell myself that being a student recognized for receiving A's in all classes is entirely up to the student. The grades that we receive are not determined by the professor, intead it is determined by the amount of work and dedication that the student has to succeed. I will also tell myself that maintaining a 4.0 GPA is not as hard as it seems. Procastination is another thing that really does not get you far ahead. So it is always a smart thing to make sure to be on top of the assignments in each class. It is also okay to hve fun as a college student but the most important thing is to make sure that everything is completed for each class to avoid problems later on. Being a college student is not really as hard as it is made out to be. Once a student makes the choice to succeed in college, then everything eventually falls into place...

The best thing about my school is the fact that they have 5 different terms throughout the year. This allows for a student to graduate sooner since each term is 9 weeks long. Instead of doing tradional 16 week courses, we do 9 weeks. I also love how helpful all of my professors have been and how soon they reply to emails sent from students. So far, I have no complaints about Troy University and I am hoping to get my bachelor degree from there soon!

I believe that anyone who wants to pursue a career and finish their degree in about two years should definitely attend this school. Since there are five nine week terms, a student who takes a full time load each term will have the opportunity to graduate sooner than attending a normal and traditional 16 week college.

Jordan

I believe having the most campuses around the world.

I believe having the most campuses around the world.

I would have went to the college of my dreams. I came to another university because they gave me more money but i regret it. It is just not the same. I am trying with all of my might to gain scholarship money to fix my mistake and go to the University of Alabama next year. I would also have rushed. I did not want to do it my freshman year and now i regret missing out on the experience. I will rush next year whether I transfer universities or not.

There is very little to do here. We don't even have a mall. I feel like since i did not rush I am left out of most of the on campus spirit and activities.

Cassi

Troy University is very diverse from most colleges in the Alabama area. There are many different clubs, and organizations to choose from. The student to teacher ratio is wonderful. It is very simple to get one on one help and tutoring if needed! It is a great school!

Be yourself and do not try and change your personality to fit in! Do your best and study hard and efficiently. Always use your time wisely "time is of the essence"! Do not be afraid to try new things and have fun with new people!

Most of the social life is based around fraternities and sororities. I am not in one, but that might change soon! Not much bad stuff to say about my school!

Cleshun

Troy University is a very-well, educated, friendly, school that guides your development and prepares you for life.

I would become more organized because it is hard trying to keep up with assignments and exams and their due dates. When I first started, I was a big procrastinator, but now that I have realized how serious college is, I complete work ahead of time and space my time out to get other things done. Time is not set for me anymore, I have to stay on top of things. Having a break between classes is good also. Therefore, I will be able to review notesfrom the previous class, and rewrite them if I have to. Also, I would visit the campus more than once so I would know where everything is, and I would not be looking lost. Another advice would be to practice better studying habits because sometimes it is extremely hard to concentrate on work. but it is not fun slacking off.

Any particular person can attend Troy University. They do not discriminate against anyone. It is a VERY friendle and fun college, and I would recommend it to anyone.

Go visit the college before you make a decision. Once you are there, get involved! Join any clubs or organizations that sound like fun to you, make friends!

Parking. For people who live off campus, parking is always trouble.

Allison

Troy has a "big college" atmosphere in a small campus setting. Classes are mostly small which helps with individualized attention. Fraternities and Sororities along with football and baseball run the social circuit. You don't have to be a member but knowing someone involved will amp your social life. There is ALWAYS a party happening..it's that crazy. ABC Board has deemed Troy one of their "biggest challenges": "They're day drinkers there..dont know how thet handle it." Between the lake and beach, parties or The Front Porch...you will never have a dull night!

I would definitely say look beyond the actual campus. Look into the city the campus is located in because more than likely your child will want to live off campus one day. Make sure there is adequate health care available not to mention the crime rate of the city as well on campus. Before making a final decision spend a weekend in each city you are considering. Use one day to tour the college campus and use the other day to tour the city and check out the people who live in the area. Also, keep in mind the size of the campus you are looking into. If you want a huge campus (which usually comes with a highly active social community) make sure you will be able to handle the stress and temptations of the big city campus. You definitely must have discipline if you want to succeed in any college setting, but big popular campuses host more reasons NOT to study. If you feel you will be distracted easily by social functions, you may want to start off at a small campus or community college for the first year or so then transfer to a bigger college.

Troy is only 2 hours from the beach!! Plus it is in between Auburn and Bama so if for some random chance Troy isnt having a party somewhere you can take the relatively short drives to see other friends who chose the big colleges!

Troy University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.