Troy, AL
Troy University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Troy University

Malissa

Education. It even used to be named the Teacher's college.

Education. It even used to be named the Teacher's college.

Prepare for college while you're still in high school. Research schools and payment options early so that you aren't stressed out when it comes time to leave for school. One of the best things you can do for yourself is to have good grades. It is very hard for even average students to get scholarships in this competitive environment. Your hard work will pay off without a doubt.

A lot of the time we get the runaround when it comes to getting advice. I was told that because I have a Pell Grant, even though it doesn't cover everything "should be enough". So by showing financial need and qualifying for the Pell Grant, I was told that I didn't express financial need. Very frustrating.

Pamela

When I looked at colleges, I stressed over the choice. Did I want to go to an "it" school that I knew I would have fun , or a school that would let me follow a strong career choice, or did I want to stay with my friends at the local community college? Ultimately I trusted my gut and hoped that Troy University, a small but growing college, would be the right choice for me. When you are looking for the right school and experiencing the life that goes along with it , the most important thing is to know what your personal strengths are, and what you want to gain from the school you attend. From my first day of classes and realizing my professors cared about me personally, to gettting to know and love my roommates, to going parties and study sessions, to enjoying concerts and conversation, and to finding friends and true romance that will last a lifetime, I made the right choice. I can only advise that you take a chance and trust your instincts, and you will be able to look at your choice with the same contentment that I do today.

The best thing about Troy University is its size. Whether the small s that is size means you have immediate access to your professors or your classes are rarely of an intimdating size, Troy is a growing college, but still comfortable and friendly. I have always described it as a campus that is large enough for you to meet someone new every day, but still small enough that every day you will see familiar faces and friends. The comfortable size of Troy is its strongest attribute.

To be frank, one of the worst things about my school is the lack of a college- town atmosphere. There are very few venues outside of the University that cater to college students. Aside from Greek band parties , there actually isn't very much to do . I feel like Troy should work with the town to encourage and embrace the grwoing population of students looking for places to shop, eat, and hang out.

Mike

In college you will find yourself with different schedules and commitments. You must keep track of all the dates and times tests, quizzes, and projects are due. Make sure you have one central calendar in a day planner, PDA or some other type of planner. This will help you make sure you know what's going on at all times in your college life. PDA's are most useful because you can set up alarms to remind you of things. It is critical that you are able to stay organized throughout college. Space is at a premium, and you will save a lot of time and headaches if you are able to locate all of your class notebooks, papers, and other materials. Use your calendar to plan ahead for tests and quizzes. You never know who you will run into again down the road or when you will need something. Make sure you are always nice to people in your major. As you get closer to graduation, you tend to start having classes with the same people.

The worst about Troy is the campus is un organized. When you register or need changes on your schedule, it is always a run-around.

I do not know. Any campus requires dedication.

Julia

Troy University offers a vast amount of classes with a great student to teacher ratio.

When searching for the right college, a student should deside on ones personal beliefs and desires. A student should choose for themselves, not by where anyone else is going. the school needs to offer majors you are interested in and a good student involvement program. Most college offer a vast amount of organizations a student can choose from - I suggest getting started immediatly when looking for a organization to be apart of.

Troy University likes to have a well rounded student whom focuses on acedimic excellence, social experiences, and community invovlement.

William

Be open minded and willing to make mistakes. Enjoy life, trust in God and encourage your child to reach beyond their comforfort zone.

Inability to find a part time job

In order to find the right college, students should start by visiting the campuses of the universities they are interested in. Focus on how comfortable you feel there and how the faculty and students interact there. Research the different academic programs, the extra-cirricular activities, and the financial aid they offer. The best resource you can use when choosing a school is knowledge. The more you know, the better prepared you are. Once you have decided, try to make the most of your experience there. As you meet new people and join groups, you will find out the best person you can be. At TROY, I was unsure about where I would fit in and what my career path would be. As I talked with students and faculty, I found an organization that seems to be niche. It feels so natural to be a part of and I find myself growing and learning more each day. I know that because I am a part of this group I am better prepared to face the world once I graduate from this university. And it is all because I made the right choice for me.

Rosalind

My school was great for the working adult

My school was great for the working adult

Most of my classmates were working adults

I would tell psrents to let the child choose there major and not to pressure the child on selecting a major right away or to force one on them. I would tell them to let their child enjoy the college experience socially and education wise. Choose the college that fits the child, not the parent.

Jondell

To make the most of the college experience, one would always remember that you're at college to educate and find yourself. Social life is a must, but it can't take a back seat to your studies or you'll be doing yourself a disservice. When looking at colleges, you should look for reviews from past and current students. If you live an alternative lifestyle, you may not want to attend a college that is know by students to not be very accepting. The information is out there; you just have to find it. Research, Research, Research! Your education is the most important (and expensive) investment that you can make in your future and you can NEVER do too much research.

There is so much I love about my school, it's hard to pick one thing but I would have to say that school spirit is my favorite thing about here. Students here love their Trojans and they aren't afraid to show it!

I tell my friends that Troy is an amazing value and one of the best keep secrets in the state. Tuition is fair, and the curriculum is rigorous.

Paul

Well you should decide on the college that you would best fit in at academicly and social life wise at the school you are considering. Family or friend ties to any school should not make your decision if its not right for the student

The campus and town looks very traditional and well kept, going to this University is cozy because it has everything a larger University has but with a southern small town comfort with lazy days and friendly people I guess what I'm trying to say my favorite thing about my school is the privledge of going to school in such a friendly enviroment.

All types of people should attend this school Troy University is a culturual hub bringing together exchange students from the various other campuses around the world combing that with the state's diverse residents who choose to attend Troy it makes for a very diverse student population.

Troy University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.