Troy, AL
Troy University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Troy University

Jondell

To make the most of the college experience, one would always remember that you're at college to educate and find yourself. Social life is a must, but it can't take a back seat to your studies or you'll be doing yourself a disservice. When looking at colleges, you should look for reviews from past and current students. If you live an alternative lifestyle, you may not want to attend a college that is know by students to not be very accepting. The information is out there; you just have to find it. Research, Research, Research! Your education is the most important (and expensive) investment that you can make in your future and you can NEVER do too much research.

There is so much I love about my school, it's hard to pick one thing but I would have to say that school spirit is my favorite thing about here. Students here love their Trojans and they aren't afraid to show it!

I tell my friends that Troy is an amazing value and one of the best keep secrets in the state. Tuition is fair, and the curriculum is rigorous.

Paul

Well you should decide on the college that you would best fit in at academicly and social life wise at the school you are considering. Family or friend ties to any school should not make your decision if its not right for the student

The campus and town looks very traditional and well kept, going to this University is cozy because it has everything a larger University has but with a southern small town comfort with lazy days and friendly people I guess what I'm trying to say my favorite thing about my school is the privledge of going to school in such a friendly enviroment.

All types of people should attend this school Troy University is a culturual hub bringing together exchange students from the various other campuses around the world combing that with the state's diverse residents who choose to attend Troy it makes for a very diverse student population.

Haleigh

The advice I would give to parents and/or students is to have a planner and write everything down! This helps to keep track of all their obligations, including classes, study time, organizational meetings, and "me time". Learning these things early will help college students be successful and make the most of their time at Troy University.

I believe that I person should attend any school that he or she feels right for them. Someone who isnt dedicated to their studies and self-motivated should not attend Troy University. Troy University has so many things to offer to students all over the entire world. A person that wouldn't like to be invloved would also not be a good student as Troy. There is always something going on our campus. Anyone that doesn't want to learn and have a wonderful college experience should not attend Troy University.

I do not feel like there is anything at Troy University that is very frustrating. I have personal things in my own life that our frustrating, but nothing dealing directly with the university.

Julie

My classmates are very diverse and it is hard to describe them in one sentence but I I had to, I would say that they are friendly: we are always helping each other out.

Don't let them over-think their decison and analyize everything about the school. It's kinda like when you find your soulmate. You don't question it, you don't look for it, it just kinda comes to you and right then and there you just know that that is where you are supposed to be. This is my second year at Troy University and I still absolutly love it. I almost went to another school right out of high school just to follow my friends and one week before graduating decided that I didn't really think I would be happy there. Those people are still my friends but the friends I've made here, I couldn't imagine not having in my life. The end result of the college decision usually turns out just the way that it's supposed to. It's all apart of the plan. Stress only makes it worse and helps no one. So No worries, and Good Luck! :)

Just the Financial aid process. I personally just have a student loan and my parents make too much for me to get any real help. But I am one of two kids they have in college and I am a chil of divorce so it's a sticky stiuation.

Nikkol

Find a college that you are comfortable with. The one that makes you feel at home when you visit. Try to speak to people that are connected to the college that you are considering such as employees, students, alumni and members of the surrounding community. Ask questions about their experiences, good and bad. I would also suggest asking what department, office or person has been the most helpful. Colleges often have services or programs meant to help student with a multitude of things that are not necessarily well publicized.

If you are willing to work hard toward a long-term goal then this is a school for you. This does not mean that you need to know exactly what you want to do with your life. The great part about college is is the element of discovery.

You should not attend this school if you are not serious about your education.

Krystal

Troy University help students excel to their highest level.

Troy University help students excel to their highest level.

Troy University is located in a small town that supports the students finacially, mentally and physically. The citizens here are involved in the sports and activities of the university.

The first step to finding the right college is deciding on the environment you want to be surrounded by. The environment is so important because it has many influences on the student. Being in a big city, a student is more drawn to activities outside of college because there is so much to do. A small town is more calm and a better studying setting. The next step should be the size of the college. In small colleges, the student can receive more one on one time with the professors, but they may find a better selection of study buddies in a big college. If you know what field you want to go into, you need to find a college that offers your desired major. Depending on your form of transportation, you need to determine the distance you want to be from home. Once you have settled on a college that fits you and your personality, you should try to enjoy the experience. You need to make new friends and get involved in campus activities. You should get to know your professors and classmates. College is one of the greatest adventures in a lifetime if you have an optimistic attitude.

Deirdre

Both the student AND the parents should be comfortable in the decision on which college to attend. Whether at home or far away, when all feel good about the decision, things will be much smoother. Don't forget to discuss how often the student will be on campus and at home. Keep a good balance on everything. Parents, don't focus only on academics and students don't focus only on extracurricular activites. Make time for studying but also make time for yourself to relax and rejuvenate. This will make you college experienc much more enjoyable. Also don't sweat the small stuff. You are allowed to have fun, just don't overdo it.

People are very helpful and kind. I love being able to relax on the grounds when classes are over. It's just great!

Someone who expects to enroll, then not show up to class...but pass the course anyway....it's not happening!

Jonathon

My advice to find a college is to find one where you fill at home. My first choice was to go to a big university, but when I visited Troy University, I felt right at home. The campus is not too small, but not too big. Most students show a great sense of school pride and are really involved. Another thing in finding the right college is to find a college with your major that has a good department with your major in it. You also have to look at the price of school. College is getting more and more expensive, and everyone doesn't get financial aid. With all of these steps combined, you should be able to find the perfect university.

Troy University is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I came to college not knowing anyone, but in just a few months, I had alot of new friends and I was really involved on campus. It is really easy to meet people on this campus. Getting involved on this campus makes the college experience so much better. The school spirit is glowing on this campus. The campus is so diverse, all of the students get the chance to learn more about other cultures, making everyone more diverse.

Anyone can attend this school. There are all kind of things and organizations on campus that make it enjoyable for all types of people.

William

Cost certainly is at the forefront of every educational plan made by parents and /or students. However, one really must must consider the greater picture. For example, administration, campus security, affiliations, athletics, and a strong focus on the fine and liberal arts should be intertwined. No college is perfect. However, there are many fine institutions out there just waiting for an eager and ambitious young person to shine on its campus. Troy University is an outstanding institution ranked as one of the very best in the Southeast by the Princeton Review. Too, it has campus in three other Alabama cities, several states, and dozens of international campuses. It is fastly approaching the long-desired title "One Great University" (OGU). For those parents and students who are uneasy about choosing a huge, nationally renowned university simply because of tradition or prestige, the answer might be easier than expected. Troy University offers all of the richest academic and real-world experiences on a comfortable, elegant small Southern campus. Though only a Division 1 school, its accredidations, international acclaims, and recent local renovations / constructions are making Troy University a worldwide force that prepares its students for success in the global economy of tomorrow.

The person who should definitely not attend this school is the one who considers video games, Facebook, MySpace, and Rap the center of the universe. Troy has a strong reputation as a fine university with a rich heritage of teacher education, business, and science. As an art education graduate, I can tell you that academics and fieldwork are key in the curriculum, as they are in many majors. Those who simply do not apply themselves or even get involved in outside life minimally should consider other alternatives for their future.

The most frustrating thing at my school is parking. The campus is beautiful and the facitilites all very adequate, but parking can be a nightmare. I remember the beginning of Fall 2005, I was forced to leave my car at my dorm and walk the entire length of campus to get from class to class. August 22 in South Alabama is unbearable. By the time I did get to my second class of the day, I was practically sweat-drenched. The campus is very hilly, so walking considerable lengths in the heat is no fun.

Troy University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.