Troy, AL
Troy University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Troy University

Lucas

Troy University is a remarkably diverse, beautiful, compact, convenient, and well-designed campus with students who are involved, friendly, outgoing, and interesting; the professors are relatable, down-to-earth, and a pleasure under which to study.

I would tell myself to relax; college is incredible. I would tell myself to, under no circumstances, take 8 o'clock morning classes. I would warn myself of on-campus one-ply toilet paper. I would tell myself to stay away from the cafeteria's pizza at least twice a week, and to instead grab an apple or a yogurt parfait (and I would tell myself that I will grow to love yogurt parfaits). I would tell myself to take obnoxiously detailed notes, even if I thought the information given was irrelevant in regards to the tests or exams. I would tell myself to enjoy the challenge of balancing working for money and working toward my degree. Most importantly, I would tell myself to learn with every opportunity I was given, and not to simply hold information until exam-day; instead, to take the information in and use it to better myself outside of the classroom as well.

Troy University has some parking-related issues, which can be relatively frustrating. I live on campus, and I still have some problems finding parking in my assigned area, as I am coming back from work at night, or if I have to leave campus for some reason. It seems as though there are always people waiting to steal one's spot the second he or she leaves it.

christopher

For being a cheap but effective college. It provides a strong and recognised education for a more affordable tution size.

I would advise my self not to be preasured by others and trying to live to their expectations. Take a little breather, do one school at a time not two while working. I would also advise to not let others decide your fate; be strong and find your own path. Finally assign yourself a goal every year to reach to that has nothing to do with school, work, or money. If you want to write a book then assign yourself that goal and do it, want to make a musical then do it, want to start a candle Ccompany THEN DO IT! Don't hesitate or try and watch life through a window. Go out there and just Live. Make mistakes, try something new, fall in love, but no matter what STOP LETTING OTHERS RUN YOUR LIFE, YOUR GOALS, AND YOUR FUTURE AND GO OUT A ENJOY YOUR LIFE YOURSELF; its the only one your going to get.

The worst thing about Troy University has to also be the best thing. Anyone and I mean anyone can freely express ideas on campus. We have had raging preachers condeming us to hell, Philisopical arguments of the Uberman and candy, and had Live action roleplayers trying to recruit all on the same day within hearing distance of each other. By and far a interesting, eye opening and somewhat odd campus.

James

Assuming that I could have that much needed "sit down" with my nineteen year old self, I would most likely emphasize the following: There is an exponential curve when it comes to success, and nobody is going to clue you in. In a world fraught with the idea that everyone should win just for showing up, the reality is starkly different. Heading into college, you are already behind the curve and you are losing ground rapidly. I would look myself in the eyes, shake the fog and boredom out, and drive home this singular truth. No one cares about your success except you. And once you get into the real world, you're swimming with sharks. So take the time now to make mistakes, challenge yourself, and establish great (not good) habits in your academic, physical fitness, and social behaviors. At the end of the day, you don't need to go to that Tuesday night beer pong competition. You need to be looking five years ahead, and strategizing on how you can balance a good foundation while in college with the social pleasures of this amazing time.

Nothing so far, I am starting my frist semester.

The turn around time on transfer credit evaluations.

jonathan

Funfilled, exciting, educational, entertaining, worthwhile, cost efficient

Funfilled, exciting, educational, entertaining, worthwhile, cost efficient

helpful, trustworthy, different, smart, admirable

As you finish your school year up. Forgive and forget and your enemies. They are just memories now. Remember your friends, but do not let them make decisions. Do not go to a university because they did. You are building your life now. Make sure you build your blocks square. You don't want an angle. They could slip off and break; living all your hard work in shambles. Begin to love coffee. Start to appreciate the meaning behind the ramen noodles you will prepare. A few years, ramen turn into linguini. Bills into profit. Get ready to discover yourself. The person you are now is only version 1.0. Upgrades will become available. Make sure download and fix the bugs. You are going to recieve lots of money. Make sure you keep it. The nicest car does not pay your rent. You can not eat it. Your student loans will still be there as you drive it, Basically, remember the good times, the laughs, and the education of high school. All the while prepare yourself for the changes, friends, and education will grow to love and miss once college comes to and end.

My classmates at Troy University are all around great people. In my two years here, I've met and befriended many people who share many of my opinions and beliefs and many people who don't. The population here is diverse and the fair amount of internatinal students on campus ensure that you will be able to meet people from many different countries.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself not to worry so much about college choices. In high school, I was worried about which college I should attend and hadn't even figured out my major yet. Knowing what I know now, I would tell my high school self to go with my parents' suggestions, because they actually knew what they were talking about. College is a learning experience. You are supposed to use the experience to grow as an individual and find out what exactly you want to spend the rest of your life doing. If I hadn't come to Troy University, I don't know if I would have been as content with my career choice, or if I would have even figured it out as quickly as I did here. To my high school self: I cannot wait for you to get to Troy and live through all of the experiences that make you who you are today.

Troy University provides a very accepting atmosphere. In my time at Troy University, I have never heard a fellow classmate say that they felt out of place or chose the wrong school. Regardless of how one feels before starting at Troy University, it is easy to feel content in your college choice once an individual has moved in and begun classes.

Tashema

Tashema, I'm proud of you and all that you've achieved thus far, making the decision to attend college after high school is a smart choice. Although you're on a path to greatness there are a few things to keep in mind. You're a senior this year; therefore you should obtain as many scholarships as possible. College is very expensive. Along with tuition,your books will be pricey. I want you to remember to follow your heart. In college you will face a lot of peer pressure, but you must keep in mind to never put yourself in positions where you feel as though you have to negotiate your sense of integrity. It’s also necessary that I remind you to have faith in all of your abilities. On this journey there will be times when you feel like giving up. Passion and perseverance is needed for your long and short term goals. You have to develop a powerful backbone and maintain stamina in order to excel. I also want you to remember that there is no magic to achieving, nor is there a secret to success only hard work, choices and persistence. You can do it!

I like to inform other student on the new programs Troy has to offer. In addition to a variety of program development at Troy; Troy does a great job at inviting influential speakers to inteact with the student body.

A word of advice I would give myself as a highschool senior about to attend college would be to get involved and be open minded. The best way to meet new people is by getting involved in a club or organization that coincides with your hobbies and interests. Another word of advice I would offer is be open minded. You meet a variety of people in college from all different backgrounds. Many will differ greatly from you, but by being open minded, you can learn so much from another person. By getting involved and being open minded, my highschool self will be successful in college.

The most frustrating thing about my school is parking. With the growing number of students living on campus, there are not enough palces to park. The rules and regulations for parking are also strict and specific; making it difficult to find a park correctly.

Gayle

Troy University is considered to be more of a close knit family instead of an educational facility whose main focus is financ...

Troy University is considered to be more of a close knit family instead of an educational facility whose main focus is finance.

If I could go back and talk to my former self before attending college, I would say relax and be yourself. Everyone attends college anxious about making friends, finding their way around, and maintaining good grades. Personally, I became a nervous wreck as soon as I watched my parents leave without me. Being left alone in an unknown city by yourself can leave you with an unsettling feeling. Eventually, I realized that I was surrounded by helpful individuals who understood exactly what I was going through. Once I calmed down, I came to the conclusion that college is not as scary as some people claim it to be. I have really enjoyed my experience at college so far and I cannot wait to see what my remaining years will bring. I know many prospective college students main problem is ususally being anxious about what is to come. The most important advice I could give to my previous self and present seniors would be to relax and enjoy your college experience to the fullest.

The best thing about my school is diversity. I come in contact with a variety of students from all over the world every day and it is a great feeling to be in the presence of such diverse ethnic groups.

Jamelle

Troy University not only consists of a variety of programs with online capability, they also choose professors that contain the ability to teach with passion utilizing many methods, not just what is printed in a text book, giving their students a greater opportunity to retain what is taught through their unique teaching experiences.

Jamelle Brown March 17, 2013 Travel Back I often think of my younger self attending high school, my parents encouraged me to do my best, get good grades, and graduate. However, they never promoted a higher education and always considered it an unnecessary expense which discouraged me from attending college. If I could travel back in time and talk with myself as a senior in high school I would sit myself down and tell myself to focus more on school, take AP courses that could count toward college credits, study and take the ACT exam. Most importantly, I would teach the importance of visiting with my high school counselor to gain the knowledge and understanding of what options are available to high school students. I would also teach my younger self, that contrary to my parent’s belief, there are many opportunities for attending college without attaining tremendous debt. With hundreds of grants and scholarships available, if I apply myself I have the opportunity to attend college without acquiring large amounts of unnecessary debt. I wish I would have given more thought to college while I was younger, but since there is no going back, I can only move forward.

I love that Troy University has many campuses that offer a wide variety of bachelor programs. Troy also offeres online courses that allow the opportunity to complete an entire program online. I am studying to become an interpreter for the deaf, finding bachelor programs in this field is very difficult. Since my husband is military and we move quite often this gives me the opportunity to attend one school from strart to finish without having to search, find and transfer each time we move. This will eliminate the expense of repeating courses not accepted by other universities.

Troy University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.