Troy, AL
Troy University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Troy University

jonathan

Funfilled, exciting, educational, entertaining, worthwhile, cost efficient

Funfilled, exciting, educational, entertaining, worthwhile, cost efficient

helpful, trustworthy, different, smart, admirable

As you finish your school year up. Forgive and forget and your enemies. They are just memories now. Remember your friends, but do not let them make decisions. Do not go to a university because they did. You are building your life now. Make sure you build your blocks square. You don't want an angle. They could slip off and break; living all your hard work in shambles. Begin to love coffee. Start to appreciate the meaning behind the ramen noodles you will prepare. A few years, ramen turn into linguini. Bills into profit. Get ready to discover yourself. The person you are now is only version 1.0. Upgrades will become available. Make sure download and fix the bugs. You are going to recieve lots of money. Make sure you keep it. The nicest car does not pay your rent. You can not eat it. Your student loans will still be there as you drive it, Basically, remember the good times, the laughs, and the education of high school. All the while prepare yourself for the changes, friends, and education will grow to love and miss once college comes to and end.

My classmates at Troy University are all around great people. In my two years here, I've met and befriended many people who share many of my opinions and beliefs and many people who don't. The population here is diverse and the fair amount of internatinal students on campus ensure that you will be able to meet people from many different countries.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself not to worry so much about college choices. In high school, I was worried about which college I should attend and hadn't even figured out my major yet. Knowing what I know now, I would tell my high school self to go with my parents' suggestions, because they actually knew what they were talking about. College is a learning experience. You are supposed to use the experience to grow as an individual and find out what exactly you want to spend the rest of your life doing. If I hadn't come to Troy University, I don't know if I would have been as content with my career choice, or if I would have even figured it out as quickly as I did here. To my high school self: I cannot wait for you to get to Troy and live through all of the experiences that make you who you are today.

Troy University provides a very accepting atmosphere. In my time at Troy University, I have never heard a fellow classmate say that they felt out of place or chose the wrong school. Regardless of how one feels before starting at Troy University, it is easy to feel content in your college choice once an individual has moved in and begun classes.

Tashema

Tashema, I'm proud of you and all that you've achieved thus far, making the decision to attend college after high school is a smart choice. Although you're on a path to greatness there are a few things to keep in mind. You're a senior this year; therefore you should obtain as many scholarships as possible. College is very expensive. Along with tuition,your books will be pricey. I want you to remember to follow your heart. In college you will face a lot of peer pressure, but you must keep in mind to never put yourself in positions where you feel as though you have to negotiate your sense of integrity. It’s also necessary that I remind you to have faith in all of your abilities. On this journey there will be times when you feel like giving up. Passion and perseverance is needed for your long and short term goals. You have to develop a powerful backbone and maintain stamina in order to excel. I also want you to remember that there is no magic to achieving, nor is there a secret to success only hard work, choices and persistence. You can do it!

I like to inform other student on the new programs Troy has to offer. In addition to a variety of program development at Troy; Troy does a great job at inviting influential speakers to inteact with the student body.

A word of advice I would give myself as a highschool senior about to attend college would be to get involved and be open minded. The best way to meet new people is by getting involved in a club or organization that coincides with your hobbies and interests. Another word of advice I would offer is be open minded. You meet a variety of people in college from all different backgrounds. Many will differ greatly from you, but by being open minded, you can learn so much from another person. By getting involved and being open minded, my highschool self will be successful in college.

The most frustrating thing about my school is parking. With the growing number of students living on campus, there are not enough palces to park. The rules and regulations for parking are also strict and specific; making it difficult to find a park correctly.

Gayle

Troy University is considered to be more of a close knit family instead of an educational facility whose main focus is financ...

Troy University is considered to be more of a close knit family instead of an educational facility whose main focus is finance.

If I could go back and talk to my former self before attending college, I would say relax and be yourself. Everyone attends college anxious about making friends, finding their way around, and maintaining good grades. Personally, I became a nervous wreck as soon as I watched my parents leave without me. Being left alone in an unknown city by yourself can leave you with an unsettling feeling. Eventually, I realized that I was surrounded by helpful individuals who understood exactly what I was going through. Once I calmed down, I came to the conclusion that college is not as scary as some people claim it to be. I have really enjoyed my experience at college so far and I cannot wait to see what my remaining years will bring. I know many prospective college students main problem is ususally being anxious about what is to come. The most important advice I could give to my previous self and present seniors would be to relax and enjoy your college experience to the fullest.

The best thing about my school is diversity. I come in contact with a variety of students from all over the world every day and it is a great feeling to be in the presence of such diverse ethnic groups.

Jamelle

Troy University not only consists of a variety of programs with online capability, they also choose professors that contain the ability to teach with passion utilizing many methods, not just what is printed in a text book, giving their students a greater opportunity to retain what is taught through their unique teaching experiences.

Jamelle Brown March 17, 2013 Travel Back I often think of my younger self attending high school, my parents encouraged me to do my best, get good grades, and graduate. However, they never promoted a higher education and always considered it an unnecessary expense which discouraged me from attending college. If I could travel back in time and talk with myself as a senior in high school I would sit myself down and tell myself to focus more on school, take AP courses that could count toward college credits, study and take the ACT exam. Most importantly, I would teach the importance of visiting with my high school counselor to gain the knowledge and understanding of what options are available to high school students. I would also teach my younger self, that contrary to my parent’s belief, there are many opportunities for attending college without attaining tremendous debt. With hundreds of grants and scholarships available, if I apply myself I have the opportunity to attend college without acquiring large amounts of unnecessary debt. I wish I would have given more thought to college while I was younger, but since there is no going back, I can only move forward.

I love that Troy University has many campuses that offer a wide variety of bachelor programs. Troy also offeres online courses that allow the opportunity to complete an entire program online. I am studying to become an interpreter for the deaf, finding bachelor programs in this field is very difficult. Since my husband is military and we move quite often this gives me the opportunity to attend one school from strart to finish without having to search, find and transfer each time we move. This will eliminate the expense of repeating courses not accepted by other universities.

Shirletha

I would tell myself to predetermine the outcome and aspire to succeed. Motivate yourself to be exceptional beyond measure and to have a catalytical deamenor so that if failure is the aftermath of reaching things seemingly unobtainable, then strive for personal excellence. Along the way mistakes and are going to be made, but never give up. No one can motivate you like you can.

The best thing about Troy University is the diverse and amicable student body. The assortment of different cultures and backgrounds all composited together under the same roof is short of incredible. This aids in making new friends regardless of ethnicity or cultural differences.

The most fustrating thing about Troy University would have to be the limited housing options. In my reseach into rentals in the troy area, most apartments or house were not up to par with my standards. Many were overprices or too distant from school.

Maricruz

The first thing that I would tell my past self is to not stress. There are many opportunities for anyone that aspires to have a scholarly route: community college, state schools, and private colleges. If one does not receive a positive response from their dream school hope is not lost, there are still community colleges that will aid in a transition to a four year university. On the bright side, it's cheaper too! The key is to never give up no matter what the odds are. Another thing that I would consult to my past self would be to consider the importance of study skills. If one is to learn a certain topic (Math, English, History science, etcetera), make sure it's there to stay for keeps. One must not conform themselves to only the bare minimum. Remember, knowlwdge is power, especially now in this technology fast paced world. The future of a country depends on it's offspring, so the responsibility is actually quite high on today's youth. With great study skills, the general education part of college will be immmensely facilitated. It's better to work double now, than triple in the future.

Arthur

My advice to myself would be to take advantage of any scholarships or financial aid I was able to. I received a full ride academic scholarship to several schools as a high school senior, and once I actually got to college I lost focus on school and ended up losing my scholarship. My poor decisions have caused me to take out student loans and put myself into debt at a young age. I am also working about 30 hours a week to help pay for school, and this makes it harder to focus solely on school. I threw away probably $50,000 worth of free money just because I wanted to party and have fun, and I realize now how big of a mistake that was. I am thankful that I learned from my mistakes and have managed to stay in school. I wish that I could give this advice to all high school seniors so that people won't make the same mistakes that I did.

The best thing about my school is that it gives you the feeling of being at a large university but at the same it has a down-home feel to it. I think this is important becuase many new students are scared to move to a new school or new area from being overwhelmed, but Troy is just right.

I think that anyone can find their place at this school. We have a very diverse population on campus and they offer enough different majors and activities to help everyone find where they belong.

Troy University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.