Troy, AL
Troy University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Troy University

Sarina

My classmates are diverse but predominately white. I've never been in a class that had more than 30 students. I have loved something about all of my professors. We all have room for improvement but this campus makes up for its flaws by providing great classroom settings.

Troy University is not known as a party much like Alabama State University. It is not as well-known as the University of Alabama. It is extremely diverse, which makes the school unique from the other schools I once considered. There are people from all walks of life here.

Dear Miss. Know-It-All, Listen to your mother. As a matter of fact, listen to your whole family. I love you with my entire being but, you do not have all of the answers. You are not Kanye West. There is absolutely nothing wrong with attending a community college. It was created for individuals just like yourself. No, it is not because you are black. It is because you are capable but not yet prepared for a four-year university. Do what is right for you. You cannot please the world and yourself at the same time. It's a good idea in theory but life just doesn't work like that. Kick butt for two years in community college then transfer to Troy. (Trust me.) You will need to be close to your ailing grandmother who raised you. Lastly, always remember this. You will have your entire 20s to party. Do not waste the most important year of your college career on boys, clubs, and nonsense. You only have one life, one future, one youth. Visualize the best versions of these blessings and turn them into realities. You can do it. Yourself, Sarina Henderson

Caitlin

My classmates are ready and willing to help me learn.

My classmates are ready and willing to help me learn.

Dear High School Senior Caitlin, Please do not ever stop applying for scholarships. The money is not always there. You want to get out of college debt free. There is money out there, so please keep looking for it. Also, don't give up on your job search, but you will eventually find jobs I promise you. Don't stress too much. Also, the friends you have as a freshman are not the friends you will have when you graduate, but that's okay. People are meant to be in your life for a set period of time and then they move on. What you actually need to do is let go of the friends you had in high school. Do not completely discount them, but do not hang onto them past the point of them wanting to be around you. It will only cause you heartache. Embrace new friendships. Embrace being a nerd, because it is a niche you have found yourself and while it won't get you any money (in fact, it'll help you spend some), it will make you some great friends and experiences. Sincerely, 22-year-old Caitlin

I am a student at Troy's eCampus. What I love is the ease of being able to learn from my own home office. I can take out a few hours every day and do school on my own schedule. If I need to go to the grocery store, school can wait an hour. I'm not limited by a set class schedule (though I do like to keep close enough to a schedule.) There is flexibility for my learning. And I need that right now.

Educate the mind to think, the heart to feel, the body to act. - TROY Motto 1887

I would tell myself to plan my entire college course load right away. I would tell myself to plan ahead and stay focused. I would tell myself to get help and seek advice even when I do not need it. Tell myself college is not about making friends and hanging out. I would tell myself to stay focused about what I am doing, and remind myself why I'm attending college. Tell myself that my future is depended on me getting good grades and having a great GPA.

The best thing about Troy University is the campus life. It is so inviting and relaxed. The campus is big but not too big. You can walk everywhere on campus so no car is needed unless you live far from campus. I walked everyday to campus. They have events everyday on campus for students to attend. Which is great it keeps students out of trouble. The students and professor are very friendly.

Lucas

Troy University is a remarkably diverse, beautiful, compact, convenient, and well-designed campus with students who are involved, friendly, outgoing, and interesting; the professors are relatable, down-to-earth, and a pleasure under which to study.

I would tell myself to relax; college is incredible. I would tell myself to, under no circumstances, take 8 o'clock morning classes. I would warn myself of on-campus one-ply toilet paper. I would tell myself to stay away from the cafeteria's pizza at least twice a week, and to instead grab an apple or a yogurt parfait (and I would tell myself that I will grow to love yogurt parfaits). I would tell myself to take obnoxiously detailed notes, even if I thought the information given was irrelevant in regards to the tests or exams. I would tell myself to enjoy the challenge of balancing working for money and working toward my degree. Most importantly, I would tell myself to learn with every opportunity I was given, and not to simply hold information until exam-day; instead, to take the information in and use it to better myself outside of the classroom as well.

Troy University has some parking-related issues, which can be relatively frustrating. I live on campus, and I still have some problems finding parking in my assigned area, as I am coming back from work at night, or if I have to leave campus for some reason. It seems as though there are always people waiting to steal one's spot the second he or she leaves it.

christopher

For being a cheap but effective college. It provides a strong and recognised education for a more affordable tution size.

I would advise my self not to be preasured by others and trying to live to their expectations. Take a little breather, do one school at a time not two while working. I would also advise to not let others decide your fate; be strong and find your own path. Finally assign yourself a goal every year to reach to that has nothing to do with school, work, or money. If you want to write a book then assign yourself that goal and do it, want to make a musical then do it, want to start a candle Ccompany THEN DO IT! Don't hesitate or try and watch life through a window. Go out there and just Live. Make mistakes, try something new, fall in love, but no matter what STOP LETTING OTHERS RUN YOUR LIFE, YOUR GOALS, AND YOUR FUTURE AND GO OUT A ENJOY YOUR LIFE YOURSELF; its the only one your going to get.

The worst thing about Troy University has to also be the best thing. Anyone and I mean anyone can freely express ideas on campus. We have had raging preachers condeming us to hell, Philisopical arguments of the Uberman and candy, and had Live action roleplayers trying to recruit all on the same day within hearing distance of each other. By and far a interesting, eye opening and somewhat odd campus.

James

Assuming that I could have that much needed "sit down" with my nineteen year old self, I would most likely emphasize the following: There is an exponential curve when it comes to success, and nobody is going to clue you in. In a world fraught with the idea that everyone should win just for showing up, the reality is starkly different. Heading into college, you are already behind the curve and you are losing ground rapidly. I would look myself in the eyes, shake the fog and boredom out, and drive home this singular truth. No one cares about your success except you. And once you get into the real world, you're swimming with sharks. So take the time now to make mistakes, challenge yourself, and establish great (not good) habits in your academic, physical fitness, and social behaviors. At the end of the day, you don't need to go to that Tuesday night beer pong competition. You need to be looking five years ahead, and strategizing on how you can balance a good foundation while in college with the social pleasures of this amazing time.

Nothing so far, I am starting my frist semester.

The turn around time on transfer credit evaluations.

jonathan

Funfilled, exciting, educational, entertaining, worthwhile, cost efficient

Funfilled, exciting, educational, entertaining, worthwhile, cost efficient

helpful, trustworthy, different, smart, admirable

As you finish your school year up. Forgive and forget and your enemies. They are just memories now. Remember your friends, but do not let them make decisions. Do not go to a university because they did. You are building your life now. Make sure you build your blocks square. You don't want an angle. They could slip off and break; living all your hard work in shambles. Begin to love coffee. Start to appreciate the meaning behind the ramen noodles you will prepare. A few years, ramen turn into linguini. Bills into profit. Get ready to discover yourself. The person you are now is only version 1.0. Upgrades will become available. Make sure download and fix the bugs. You are going to recieve lots of money. Make sure you keep it. The nicest car does not pay your rent. You can not eat it. Your student loans will still be there as you drive it, Basically, remember the good times, the laughs, and the education of high school. All the while prepare yourself for the changes, friends, and education will grow to love and miss once college comes to and end.

My classmates at Troy University are all around great people. In my two years here, I've met and befriended many people who share many of my opinions and beliefs and many people who don't. The population here is diverse and the fair amount of internatinal students on campus ensure that you will be able to meet people from many different countries.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself not to worry so much about college choices. In high school, I was worried about which college I should attend and hadn't even figured out my major yet. Knowing what I know now, I would tell my high school self to go with my parents' suggestions, because they actually knew what they were talking about. College is a learning experience. You are supposed to use the experience to grow as an individual and find out what exactly you want to spend the rest of your life doing. If I hadn't come to Troy University, I don't know if I would have been as content with my career choice, or if I would have even figured it out as quickly as I did here. To my high school self: I cannot wait for you to get to Troy and live through all of the experiences that make you who you are today.

Troy University provides a very accepting atmosphere. In my time at Troy University, I have never heard a fellow classmate say that they felt out of place or chose the wrong school. Regardless of how one feels before starting at Troy University, it is easy to feel content in your college choice once an individual has moved in and begun classes.

Troy University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.