Troy University

« See more reviews of Troy University

First I would make it emphasis on the discipline that is needed in college rather than in high school. The discipline will be stressed because it covers the time it take to study and understand college material. Second I have paid more attention my senior year instead of focusing on graduation. Freshman year of college is nothing but a repitition of high school, so if you were studious during your high school senior year, then transitioning to your first year of college will not be as stressful. Third I would have told myself to be more appreciative of the one on one interaction with my teachers. The biggest downfall for first year college students is being independent by keeping up with your assignments.

I have learned more than I ever could imagine. Overall, I have learned that I am a strong person and I can persevere through hard classes and rough medical times. I am able to publicly speech without being nervous and am able to talk to others aorund me and ask for help. It has been valuable for me to attend college because it has allowed me to get various prepectives on life and how things work. I am smarter than others around me including my family members and can articulate things around them that they do not understand in a way they can understand it. It has helped me understand that education is very important and without it, it would be tough to survive and harder to be successful in life.

I would tell myself to focus on my studies instead of on finding a date for Friday night. I would tell myself to always remember that I am more intelligent than I give myself credit for. I would tell myself that I need to value the work assigned to me and appreciate the opportunities that are provided to me through my schoolwork. I would remind myself of the importance of doing well in school not only so that I can be successful afterwards, but so that I can set an example for my children that education is one of the most important things in life. Lastly, I would tell myself that there is nothing that can hold me back from being successful and that I can accomplish anything that I put my mind to.

I know you're a bit of a bookworm, tend to keep to yourself, and feel out of place being one of the few people with a physical disability at school . It might seem like a boring kind of existence and you probably wish you were a more outgoing and less clean-cut person. It's overrated, okay? Partying and focusing on socializing is just going to distract you from the big picture: becoming a more knowledgeable and independent person. If you start to feel burnt out or discouraged by academics, just keep your nose to the grindstone. It may be a lot less fun than skipping class and goofing around, but I promise you, High School Me, all the hard work ahead of you will pay off in the long run.

I would give myself the advice on how to study. I believe if I could go back and have told myself that in High School I didn't study, but one day that is going to be important. High school they don't focus on studying. If I could of had someone give me studying tips or had a class on it, I believe college would of been a lot less stressful. I believe high was a joke to some of the teachers. They gave busy instead of helping the students for life beyond high school. I feel that once I got to high school they focused more about how fast to get out. I would of like to have known how to study. If I could go I would tell myself to learn how to study, life not going to be this breezy.

The first thing I would do is tell myself that I need to make a decision earlier in the year instead of waiting until the last minute to make a decison about school. After that I would tell myself to fill out applications for scholarships early becuase the earlier the better. Then I would have tell myself that this process does not take that long because when I was back in high school I thought it would take forever. And if I get all of these scholarships done I wont have to worry about getting a loan and already going in to debt. Finally I would tell myself to take advantage of having the chance of even going to college cause not everyone has had the privilege.

To make the most of the college experience, one would always remember that you're at college to educate and find yourself. Social life is a must, but it can't take a back seat to your studies or you'll be doing yourself a disservice. When looking at colleges, you should look for reviews from past and current students. If you live an alternative lifestyle, you may not want to attend a college that is know by students to not be very accepting. The information is out there; you just have to find it. Research, Research, Research! Your education is the most important (and expensive) investment that you can make in your future and you can NEVER do too much research.

I have gotten several things out of my college experience. I have gotten to experience the college classroom atmosphere. It is more relaxed than the high school classroom atmosphere. I have also experienced how people in college are more willing to help each other through study groups. It has been valuable to atten college because I know that I am getting my education to better myself in my future. College is a good step to achieving my future goals. Attending is very important because once you stop going, I think that it would be hard to go back. It is definately hard to get back on track once you have gone off your course of going to class everyday.

I would definetly have taken college course when I was in high school and was graduating I would have went directly to a school like Troy University. I started at a small comunity college but didn't really take my classes serious but now since I have been with Troy I have recieved nothing but A's and B's in all of my classes. I feel that I have accomplished so much with Troy in one year than the two years that I went to a community college. The teachers there are very understanding and work is very easy to understand as long as you apply yourself. I would reccommend anyone to go to college right after highschool and not procrastinate.

My advice to find a college is to find one where you fill at home. My first choice was to go to a big university, but when I visited Troy University, I felt right at home. The campus is not too small, but not too big. Most students show a great sense of school pride and are really involved. Another thing in finding the right college is to find a college with your major that has a good department with your major in it. You also have to look at the price of school. College is getting more and more expensive, and everyone doesn't get financial aid. With all of these steps combined, you should be able to find the perfect university.