Truett McConnell University Top Questions

To wait a year before you start and figure out what you wanna do !

I have learned many new things relating to my major. I walked into my school, thinking "what if I don't make it"? Now with the 40{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} success rate in my program I still remain one of the 15 out of the original 40. I now can look to get engineering internships and hopefully support my mom with the money i will make. I have made many new friends who will remain by me for the rest of my life and help me through every problem, as well as met professors who will recommend me. I have learned that school does not come cheap, but is definitely worth it to attend. It has been valuable to attent because I now have more oppurtunities for jobs, and many other things, by attending college. It has also been valuable because seeing the look on my mothers face for being the first generation to go to college is a great feeling. It is a great feeling having your mom be proud of you.

Stephany

When I complete my education at Truett-McConnell college, I would have made great connnections with my professors who have been helpful to my success. In my exerience at this college, I have gained a passion for people and literature thanks to my superiors. One of the professors takes students on missionary trips to China every summer, and this summer I will be going as well. Once I graduate, my plan is to go to China to teach English permanently. Attending Truett has greatly benefitted me in deciding my future.

My experience at Truett-McConnell College has been valuable to me for a number of reasons. It has shown me that I did learn the resposibility that my parents tried so hard to instill in me. I have learned that because of that I am able to take care of myself and juggle all of the aspects of my life just fine. It has also opened the world to me by allowing me to meet and get to know people from many different countries and to become good friends with some of them. The cultural differences can be strange, funny and interesting. But because TMC is a Christian college, the amazing thing is to see how our faith overlooks those differences and bonds us together because our goal is to honor Christ with our lives. TMC has opened my eyes to the fact that I have a tremendous amount to learn about the field I am studying - missions. I am thankful to be a part of the student body at this college.

If I could go back in time to my senior year, there is only one thing I would change and the would be my attidtude towards the school and other students. I have usually been stuck in a mindset with "blinders" in my environment. I saw the rediculousness of my classes and the ndesireable parts of the student body and that deterd me from stepping out of my comfort zone. I went straight through school with no real mental challnges. So if I could replace any part of senior year that would be my choice.

BriAnna

If i had the chance to go back to being a high school senior and give myself one peice of advice, it would deffinitely be to work on time management. I have 13 courses right now and I have had to learn how to manage my time. If I could say anything else I would say make time for friends, self, and just be yourself. I have learned the hard way over the past semester that I have to have peer interaction and not just go to classes and come back to my dorm and do homework. Also just being myself, because everything will work out.

Kevin, I know you think you know everything there is to know right now, however, by the time you leave college, you will have discovered how little you actually do know. You are going to get a great education at Truett-McConnell College but you are going to realize that there is a much greater world out there other than the bubble you live in currently. Here is some wise advice: save as much money as you possibly can! Do not go out and blow all of the money you have saved up in the first semester because you still have seven more semesters to go afterwards. Make sure to keep up with your classes and write your papers at the beginning of the semester instead of procrastinating. Finally, enjoy your social life and look out for a cute redhead named Rebekah; you are going to marry her before your senior year! Good luck!

Honestly I would not really change much. I was a great student and I worked really hard and that pays off in college. I guess I would have taken more of an advantage to take AP classes because they were free. I also would have liked to get the HOPE scholarship because that would have come in handy. I enjoy the life I have now and that it what has made me to be the person I am today.

Krystina

I would tell myself that education is more than a classroom and books, its a means to a successful life. College will prepare you for life after the classroom. High school is only a stepping stone. In college there are no limitations to academics so go above and beyond, but most of all stay focused.

Marla

Find what fills you with passion, then pursue it. Don't question whether you can succeed in that area or not. Some people will try to bring you down, telling you that such dreams are impossible to achieve. Just realize that the only person who needs to support you in your dreams is you. Trust yourself to get you through it. As hard as it may be, it will be worth it in the end.