Tufts University Top Questions

Although I challenged myself in high school, I relied on extrinsic motivation to push me to try harder. Being away from my parents and encouraging influences I realize now that motivation from others is only half of what's necessary to succeed in life. It takes self-determination, self-assurance, and self-discipline as well as my passion to make a difference. I also wish I'd known more about ways to pay for school tuition and expenses. I had very limited knowledge of unsubsidized and subsidized loans and am suffering for that ignorance now.

Do not be afraid to be yourself. Everyone here is very accepting.

How Jewish it would be

Ker

how little help career services is, how much it is not a target school for business (investment banks, more specifically), how little intellectual discussion there is, how ugly the girls are, how much the parties suck

Peter

I wish I had sat in on a few classes to get a feel for how the academics were taught.

The school of engineering and school of arts and sciences are pretty much completely separate, with different advising systems and requirements.

Lashaana

a lot of work would be had, should speak with professors more often

The student body is a little on the wealthy side.

H.

nothing

I wish I had known how quickly the "medium" sized school would become small. I also wish I had known that people don't utilize Boston that much.

I would have liked to have known how many classes it would take for me to fulfill my majors. I have a lot of classes I have to take because I took it easy freshman year, and now I am cramming classes right and left just to catch up to graduate in four years. If I had known to start taking classes right away in my major, I would be in a better situation than I am in now.