New Orleans, LA
Tulane University of Louisiana

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Tulane University of Louisiana

Olawale
Ambience of Tulane University

Am academic and diversity proven institution.

Ambience of Tulane University

Am academic and diversity proven institution.

Olivia

I absolutely love Tulane University. The atmosphere is great! There is so much to do on and off of campus. New Orleans is a wonderful city.

Tulane is big in public service. Everyone is required hours of service each year.

Students at Tulane are very friendly. It's definitely a change from the small town I came from.

Academics are extremely tough, but you learn a lot.

Ebony

My classmates are a diverse group of individuals from all over the world who come from many different backgrounds;however, the one thing that we have in common is our desire for a higher education, which is enough.

Before coming to Tulane, I wish I had known that I was ready. Although life is fast, work is hard, balancing two jobs is even harder, and missing home is a pain, I was ready to take on the responsibility of caring for myself in that world. There would be days when I questioned whether I could make it, where it was hard to get out of bed, and it seemed easier to quit. I wish I had known that I would get past it all, then I would have had a little more faith in myself starting off.

If I could go back and talk to myself in senior year, I would tell her to go to an in-state school, take it easy, and listen to my gut a little more. I know you want to start your life, and that is okay, but you must learn to control the fire you feel inside. Even though you are correct in thinking that you "only have one life to live and you might as well make the most of it", you have to realize that debt is a really big burden to carry around with you. You are a very emotional and firey young lady. I love that about you, but maybe this time you should slow down a little bit. You are going to miss your family terribly, and even though the pictures depict the campus to be lovely, you have to understand that because youre struggling so much financially, you will suffer here a bit. Its going to be a rough ride from here on out, but no matter what you choose, you can do it. Keep spreading light and have faith that you will make the right decision now.

I have three main points of advice that I strongly encourage you to take into conisderation: 1.) It doesn't matter where you attend college, but rather, it matters what you make of that college education and experience. If you take advantage of all the resources that college has to offer, I promise that you will thrive. Don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone in the process. 2.) When deciding on a college, don't choose a school for it's name or location but choose a school based on what feels right for YOU. I emphasize the word "you" because, ultimately, this is a place where you will be spending the next four years of your life. This is a time where it is okay to be selfish and think about what is truly going to make you happy. 3.) HAVE FUN. You are about to experience the best four years of your life. School comes first but that does not mean you can't meet fantastic people and make amazing memories together.

I brag about living in New Orleans and how incredible the city is. I also brag about all the opportunities that Tulane has in terms of tutoring and career advice.

I wish I had known that the school is predominantly Jewish so even though many people come from different states, it is not as ethnically different as one might assume.

Min Chan

Tulane and the city of New Orleans attracts adventurous students. Adventurous both academically and socially. The university is flexible enough to let you pursue degrees in different fields. The city provides a young adult with adventures and opportunities to make memories for a lifetime.

If I had to pick one, there wasn't enough study space when I attended Tulane (2008-2012).

Don't fret too much over which college to attend. College and life in general is about what you make out of it. Given a situation, give your best effort and make the most out of it. Study your butt off for school. Party your butt off while you're not studying to build experiences and memories for a lifetime. You're given so much free time in college. You'll never have this much free time after college. Do as much as you can while you're in college, while you have time to adventure. You'll do great. Give it your best. And never look back! Better things are ahead of you. Keep going.

Very driven, but happy students. They worked extremely hard but also took the oppotunity to enjoy the culture of New Orleans in their free time.

Entering a new phase in your life is always scary. You’re worried about what your new classmates and roommates will think of you, including: how you dress, act and everything in between. You’re going to feel really awkward at first. You’ll always be second-guessing your outfits and how you plan to spend your free time. Those feelings are completely normal. The most important thing to remember is to always be true to who you are. You worked eighteen years (or longer!) to become the person you are today and, guess what: that person is pretty great. You’ll fit in with the right crowd by just doing what you’ve done the rest of your life. Other than that, remember to eat well and exercise. Working out is a great way to relieve the stress that college can bring and balance out all that Easy Mac you’re going to make in your dorm room microwave. Take a deep breath, study hard and enjoy meeting new people over these next four years. It’s going to be great.

The location and the pride that the students and faculty have in their school. Students at Tulane are extraordinarily happy. The school-sponsored activities, such as crawfish boils, are spectacular. Beautiful campus, great gym, great location.

James

Anyone who isn't interested in getting off campus and exploring shouldn't go to Tulane. Furthermore, if you're the type of person who can't pick and choose when to study and when to go out, the school probably isn't a good fit for you - there's so much to do that you could arguably go out and have a great time on any night of the week. If you're close-minded about anything, Tulane isn't for you. The school encourages constructive debate, and discourages racism and bigotry.

Because it's in New Orleans, Tulane is always exciting. There's plenty to do on and off campus. Student programming always makes sure that there are incredible speakers, concerts, movies, comediens, and events. Additionally, most of the people are really accepting of others and their interests, backgrounds, etc. Tulane is great because it provides an extremely interesting, enriching environment for its students. It really is a one-of-a-kind college experience. Virtually anyone could come here and meet a vast array of people with similar interests. It's very easy to make friends.

When you get all moved into your freshman dorm room, don’t immediately start pushing your mom away - you’ll start to miss her sooner than you think. Please pay more attention in art history. It’s information that you’ll eventually wish you had memorized. Start going to the French club meetings sooner. You could have been fluent by now. When the hurricane traps you in your dormitory hallway with twenty other kids you have nothing in common with, don’t fret. Everyone else feels as awkward as you do and you’re only a week away from best friends.Get a job immediately.Kiss the girl you meet during the party on the waterfront, underneath the electrical tower right after you realize the music stopped and everyone else is a speck in the distance.Search for scholarships relentlessly and call your parents once a week.Beware of spicy crawfish.Use ratemyprofessors more – a talented teacher can make any subject interesting; while a dull one can ruin the classes you’re most excited for.Seriously, go lightly on the crawfish.Stop believing that college is the step you take before real life, and realize that it’s already begun.

Tulane is becoming more diverse, but it could still be improved. The student body is overwhelmingly white.

The student who is driven, engaged, intelligent, friendly, and wants to both study hard and have a great social life should come here.

As a college junior, I can see the value now of entering college on my own, without my high school relationship. That is not to say that all high school relationships are doomed to fail - there are some that can work and there are couples that stay together for all four years of college. However, I would tell myself to end the relationship I was in before entering college, rather than dragging it out until my sophomore year. A lot of pain and heartache could have been avoided had I cut the relationship short before my freshman year of college. My seventeen-year-old self needed to know that she would be okay - better, even - without a boy. Being single would have allowed me to try new things without fear of causing a fight, or to date other people while everyone was still new to the school. Overall, it would have meant the freedom to discover who I was - without the influence of another person who wanted me to stay the same. Be free, I would tell myself - cut loose and be you!

Bari

i would say to never take anythig for granted and to choose the college based on where you see yourself best... not where you wish to tell people you go to school.

the city and culture around me

Tulane University of Louisiana administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.