New Orleans, LA
Tulane University of Louisiana

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Tulane University of Louisiana

Jessie

Most agree high school is a difficult transition. We watch those closest to us continually change. Preferences, opinions, appearances, and social groups fluctuate. Next, we are somehow expected to choose our future life path overnight. This can be an agonizing, confusing, and unsettling experience. Where do we begin to find ourselves among the sea of change? These changes were extremely distracting to me. Though not inherently bad, distractions distort and lessen our focus. I feel in hindsight had I possessed a richer self-awareness, I would have had a clearer vision despite the changes that surrounded me. Having a rich self-awareness softens life’s transitions. Listen. Observe your feelings, listen to your gut, and follow whatever it is that rings deep inside you. It is the best way to do right by yourself, to maximize your life potential, and to rise above your setbacks. Self-awareness allows us to better utilize the opportunities we are given. College is a wonderful opportunity, a time to explore, and to learn about great things. At this time, practice listening to yourself, continuing to learn about yourself, and working towards becoming more of the person you dream of becoming. Quiet! Listen to you…

jamal

I would tell my self hey jamal k robinson stop playing around in class and pay attetion more, be more serious, because college is not easy, and a few years from now your going to learn it. and dont worry about twitter and facebook, becasue your going to be deleteing those things a few years from now, because you going to realsize your education is more important then a social life. so star now and not wait

Tanya

You'll find many shades of vanilla–artists, hipsters, stoners, jocks, intellectuals, sorostitutes, frat bros–all united in an eclectic city of eternal Mardi Gras.

College (and nothing in general) ever happens exactly the way you pictured. Pack everything. Take half of it. Use campus resources your student fees paid for. Submit financial aid early. Do not sign up for Netflix. Nobody has it all figured out, that’s okay. Everyone you meet in college can teach you something valuable, so be open and listen. Strive to remember people and something they’re passionate about. Greet them by name. Smile. There will be times when you feel like you’re losing it. That’s normal. Remember, this too shall pass. Journal. Take pictures. Develop curiosity about everything. Be ambitious. Read a lot. Ask questions. Maybe even in office hours. Be flexible and prepared to change your mind and major. Do what you love. Register for 16 credit hours, no more or less. Drop “that” class, if you can. If a course is miserable in the first week or so, it will be ten times worse by the end of the semester. Keep in touch with professors who might write a letter of recommendation for your dream job. Call mom. Respect yourself enough to study and have fun everyday. Take it one day at a time.

The shy wallflower may feel out of place, like a lone petunia in an onion patch.

Chelsea

I think my school is unique because it is in Louisiana, but less than half the school is from Louisiana. It is cool to constantly be meeting people from across the country with very different political and religious beliefs.

I would have taken harder classes senior year so I would have been more prepared for the work load my freshman year. My views have also changed since I'm an international development major; I would have told myself to be more active in helpful causes or volunteered more to help my community.

The way classes are scheduled is strange because no matter how I schedule my classes there are always awkward time gaps between them to where its not enought time to do anything other thn wait around for the other classes. I would prefer having all my classes back to back in the morning and not very spread out throughout the day.

alanna

I would tell my past self to research colleges earlier and decide where to apply by November instead of January. I don’t think I can stress enough how important deadlines are; regarding applications, aid, scholarships, programs and housing. The number one thing I would tell my high school self is research scholarships and apply for them early. I am learning that valuable lesson now as I am scrambling to come up with scholarship award money. Another piece of advice would be: be optimistic but not naïve. Sometimes things fall into place, however you can’t count on them to. Something I am realizing this summer is to appreciate your family while you’re living with them. Be grateful for your home, house and town because you’re going to miss it while you’re away. Life may seem routine in high school, because it is, but that routine and safeness won’t be around forever. I wish I would’ve understood that I have/had a lot to learn and to value other people’s views even if it conflicts with mine. And always remember that you get what you work for.

Clare

Dear High School Self, In the coming months you will be exposed to many new experiences that, if navigated wisely and with determination, will strengthen you and further your growth into a wonderful, young person. There will be difficult times, sticky situations, learning curves, but many rewarding and life-enriching moments along the way. To ease your transition into college life I want to inform you of the importance of one thing: responsibility. In college you will find your self challenged, academically and socially, in the best way possible. With a higher education you have the opportunity to better your mind and the core of your being with the abundance of new knowledge being presented to you. However, this can be overwhelming. The merits of expanding ones mind are easily lost in the distractions of everyday life and even ones future goals. So I say this: stay grounded in the present moment, complete the task(s) at hand, and do not lose sight of your end goal. Each assignment, each exam, each academic course, is a stepping stone to success and focusing your time on these things is what will ultimately see you through. Sincerely, Me

Lisa

Tulane is located in one of the most unique, amazing cities in the US. There is no other culture that can compare with that.

Breaking out of your shell is the most rewarding thing in the world. Instead of staying where you feel comfortable, open yourself up to the opportunities that may present themselves as you branch out. Friendliness and kindness go a long way in the world today. It helps you make amazing, lasting frienships, or at the very least, makes your college experience more enjoyable. You will disagree with your roommate about something. However, working through it will only make you a stronger, more confident person. Strive for your best, and only YOUR best. College is a very competitive place, but don't be discouraged if you're not top of the class. Everyone achieves success differently and works at different paces. You cannot compare your level of achievement to anyone elses if it is the best work you are capable of. Above all, remember to be nothing more than yourself. You command the most respect from people when you are true and genuine.

Tulane has a very fun atmosphere. There is always something exciting happening for students to participate in.

Jonathan

Elitist, Business Oriented, and Jewish. Located in an amazing part of New Orleans, however the culture of the school itself is anything but the easy going attitude of New Orleans.

JAPPY Priviledged girls from Long Island.

APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS!! Investigate what scholarships are available through your university and any other external sources. I never considered how much my student loans would impact my life until Wells Fargo was sapping me dry during the deepest part of the recession. Each dollar you borrow for college, you will have to pay back $1.50 later, when you need it the most. Network. Not just socially; professionally. Find out what community you would like to be a part of after college, and insert yourself into it during college. Those connections will not be at your disposal after you graduate, and there's no way to turn back time. Keep a mindful eye on your deadlines. Partying is awesome, so party your freakin FACE OFF! (I had that one covered as an undergrad) But also know when NOT to party: When you're ill, when you have an exam the next day, when you should be meeting for a group project, etc. There is plenty of tme for partying, and 95% of the time it's a GO. Take advantage of career services, free campus events, and student employment. Kick ass buddy, I know you can do it!

Ilana

I think the academics are great, and the location makes sure you never get bored.

Greek life is pretty popular as well as separate major oriented fraternities. In addition club sports and big sporting events are popular as well.

There's all different types of people, but for the most part everyone is down to earth and willing to say hello.

Work hard play hard kind of students. This is very accurate.

Tulane University of Louisiana administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.