Tulane University of Louisiana

« See more reviews of Tulane University of Louisiana

Describe a day on campus you'll never forget.

The water in New Orleans is really bad, so every year I invest in a Kentwood water cooler for my apartment. The water comes from Kentwood Spring in norther Louisiana and is really quite delicious. I even named my pet fishy Kentwood after it! Last year, however, I had a problem. The cooler used to release the water was jammed for the cold water, and thus I couldn't gather the cool, delicious water I so craved. This went on for about a week, until my friends and I, likely guided by some liquid courage decided to take action. We figured that the most likely problem involved the water pressure of the tank. Since the water was coming out, just in a very weak stream we assumed that by releasing the pressure, a harder stream would result. Thus, just like one shot-guns a beer, we took a sharp knife and stabbed a whole on top of the 5-gallon jug, so as to increase the pressure and make the water come out. It worked awesome! The spicket worked and the delicious water came flooding out. Satisfied, we turned the water off. It kept coming out. We unplugged the wall socket, still no difference. Quickly the water became so great that water began to roll out from under the hole we placed the jugs. Quickly we realized our new 5-gallon tank was going to completely empty itself on our carpet. In a rush, we gathered the jug and rushed it into the bathroom shower. All the while the water continued to flow all over the carpet and us. By the time we got the jug into a safe location, the carpet, as well as we were completely soaked. The next day we hired the Kentwood guys to come help us. They noticed the still-soaked floor and commented how dangerous it was to mix water and the cooler electrical cord. Whoops. Now, if that story doesn't convince you to pick me for a live-chat, I don't know what will.

So far, my most memorable day was the day Bin Laden was killed. Yeah, that sounds a little morbid, but the campus went absolutely CRAZY! People swarmed the quads cheering, hung American Flags from balconies, and went crazy outside The Boot. For one night everyone came together to celebrate the beginning of the end of a war.

Halloween on Bourbon Street, in the French Quarter

The second biggest party of the year!

Highlights from the 150th anniversary of Mardi Gras in New Orleans. Includes footage of Fat Tuesday, the French Quarter

Talk show host Ellen Degeneres makes an unannounced appearance at the 2006 Tulane Commencement