Tulane University of Louisiana

« See more reviews of Tulane University of Louisiana

A modern day castle at the front of campus with lush green grass and far reaching trees, one of which holds many Mardi Gras beads. The campus stretches far back into Uptown New Orleans. Just past the front buildings are modern art creations to see! Then you have the long building of Stern Hall and the various science laboratories. Feret Street runs through the middle of campus, and crossing it leads us to the Lavern Bernick Center (LBC) where you can eat in the food court, visit the book store, or just study. The business school is to the right where you can see the stocks running by and students and teachers in suits. Monroe Hall and Sharp Hall, freshman dorms, are right behind the business school. A huge quad is to the left where many of the campus events are held. In short, the grass is always green, the people are always lively, and the campus is always ready for anybody.

Tulane is BEAUTIFUL! The campus is shaped like a cross, with the center being the "LBC", which contains the bookstore, a food option, stores, hair salons, barbershops, FedEx, a bank... The front of our school is charming. Before the holidays they put lights around the bushes surrounding the "Tulane University" sign, and it is breathtaking. Majority of the dorms are located near the center of campus. It takes about 15 minutes to get from one end to the other, very easy. We have lot's of green quads that add to that "campus" feeling. The buildings do not have a uniform architecture though, the one critique I have of the campus. Overall, it is the perfect size.

That was my first thought walking around campus. It's fitting that we're the "green wave" because everywhere you go things are nice, sparkly, and green. The school benefits from the 40+ inches of rain each year and it shows. The grass glistens and sparkles (the hotties sunbathing in the spring doesn't hurt). While our school got sunk pretty bad during Katrina, you'd never know it by looking around. The old buildings were all rebuilt to still look old so you get that classic old vs new effect that make College campuses so outstanding. It really is a gorgeous school and one you'd be proud to walk your friends and family around.

My school is old, and my favorite thing about it are the beautiful old trees on campus. It makes walking through campus feel like the 'real college experience' and it's just beautiful. Many of the buildings have different styles as they were built at different times but they all seem to go together very well. I love the Tulane Uptown Campus, it's one of the reason's I chose the school when I was a senior.

Tulane University is a place where people can go to pursue any academic interest and be significantly challenged while at the same time have the greatest time of their life socially and have numerous opportunities and experiences, academically, culturally, and socially, presented to them.

Tulane is a private institution that exudes priveledge and entitlement and lacks diversity, but which tries to be involved in the New Orleans community in a positive way which unfortunately ends up following a model of imposition rather than solidarity.

A gumbo pot of high tech meets old world ways, a beautiful city with a still struggling University, crossed between a venture capital who is worried on their own apperance while trying to roducing fine well rounded individuals.

My school is very student friendly as there is always help available for difficult homework, and all of the students are friendly and willing to assist you in any way, shape, or form; it's a wonderful feeling to be so welcomed.

Elitist, Business Oriented, and Jewish. Located in an amazing part of New Orleans, however the culture of the school itself is anything but the easy going attitude of New Orleans.

Where fantasy meets reality. New Orleans is a city that provies more culture and history than most other places in the US and is a great environment for a college student.