Tulane University of Louisiana

« See more reviews of Tulane University of Louisiana

What's the Greek scene like?

Being a part of Greek Life at Tulane is awesome. I am a member of Alpha Epsilon Phi and I love being part of such a warm and loving group. Every single person in my sorority truly cares about each other and will go out of their way to help each other out. We are always there for our sisters, whether it be to go for dinner, study for an exam, or just for advice. We love to spend time together and have sisterhood events as much as we can fit into our busy schedules. We have great social events such as mixers with the frats, formals and date parties. Not only is AEPHI so special to be a part of but Greek Life in general is really great. As a part of Panhellenic, we join together with the other sororities on campus and participate in many events involving community service or other cultural events that serve to better our sororities. Greek Life provides a venue for students who want to find others with similar interests and get involved in some great and rewarding activities!

I really enjoy the Greek scene on campus. We don't have the *biggest* Greek scene, but it's big enough for the school. We have seven sororities with one coming to campus next spring. The sororities are Phi Mu, Kappa Kappa Gamma, Pi Beta Phi, Kappa Alpha Theta, Sigma Delta Tau, Chi Omega, and AEPhi. The newest sorority is going to be Zeta Tau Alpha. The fraternities on campus are Alpha Epsilon Pi, Delta Tau Delta, Kappa Alpha, Kappa Sigma, Phi Gamma Delta, Phi Kappa Sigma, Sigma Alpha Epsilon, Sigma Alpha Mu, Sigma Chi, Sigma Phi Epsilon, Zeta Psi. The fraternities usually have something going on every weekend, and word spreads fast about the events! We have spring recruitment, so if you don't know if you want to go through it or want to see what each one is like, there is plenty of time!

The Greek scene is pretty weird here because while Greeks usually dictate the party scene at a school because they set the parties and thus have all the power, here bars dominate and thus frat parties are total freshmen-fests. I have nothing against the Greeks, but I'm not one. What I mostly hear is that they're super fun for rush and Sophomore year, then turn into a drag as an older student. If you wanna be a frat-star, you totally can be...just don't expect people like me to care about you because we don't need frats to party.