Tulsa, OK
Tulsa Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Tulsa Community College

Kylie

the teachers and students you come in contact with

the teachers and students you come in contact with

I would not change a thing about my choice of school, but my classes look in to them alot more.

some of the TCC campuses don't have alot of class option.

Amber

It's personal touch. The classes are small and inviting, and the professors are very friendly and helpful. You can tell that this is a college that really wants to help you succeed. I originally attended a university and acquired an associates degree, but honestly I left that school feeling like a nobody. After 6 years, I decided to return to school to follow my true passion, and I couldn't have picked a better college. It fits me and our community very well.

The fact that it's so close to my home was definitely a determining factor. I have a 3 year old daughter, so traveling was really out of the question. Also, it is known for having one of the best veterinary technology programs in the state. These factors made it my number one choice over any other school.

As a high school senior, I was ready to get out there and start living life. I started college, but then rushed into getting married at a young age. The relationship didn't work, and we divorced. I took time off from school to get my life and my head straightened out. The time off hurt my ambition, and I almost didn't go back to finish my degree. I finally did go back because I was only a semester away from finishing. As I was finishing my degree I came to the realization that this wasn't the career tract that I wanted. I was so distracted by my "life" that I hadn't focused on where I wanted my future to go. I spent the next 6 years trying to figure out what I really wanted to do with my life. Luckily, I did. If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior; I would tell myself to focus on myself and my ambition to succeed. There is only so much time we are given, and once you make a choice in your life it's very difficult to change it.

Sia

My classmate are talkitive. They are easy to communticate and socialize with. They work and participates in class activites. Lastly they are smart and really good at comprehending the subject.

If I was to go back in time to talk to myself about what i know so far about college in my senior year is to not be as stressful as i was about college. Here are a few steps you can follow and know before you finish your senior year. The first two to four year is you taking your requirements classes, which is similar to high school classes. Money does not have to big that big of a problem as long as your working and paying it off because the last thing that should be on your mind is taking a loan to pay off school. But there is a lot of ways to work around that, which is to work and apply for as much scholarships as you can. It does not matter if you don't fit with the scholarship; just apply because it better to try and get something, then not getting anything. And no matter what, finish your FAFSA before March. You want to get as much money as you can to help you. If you are able to follow these steps, you will be fine.

There are many great things about Tulsa Community College. A few examples are, you can fit the classes according to your time schedule. It has flexiable time schedule. It has four campuses in Tulsa. You don't have to move far from your home, if you live in or near Tulsa. They have a program call Tulsa Acheives. The instructors here are easy to work with.

Mahmoud

I would tell myself to take as many AP classes as possible. Further more to do a concurrent enrollment at the community college during my junior and senior years, aswell as the summer vacation.

I think the worst thing about my school is the parking issues.

The most frustrating thing about my school is, the constant problems with the online blackboard.

Shardae

Their is more then one campus yoy can attend. Lets say there is say certian class you want to take at a cetain time, and it closed there are three more other campuses you can attend that will best fit you schedual.

Be ready to work and study hard for what you want. Be willing to make sacrfices so you can better yourself and earn a college education. Attend every class so you wont fall behind and be lost. Dont try to over do it only take as many classes as you can handle because if you take more than 9hours and have a full time job, and dont give yourself enough time to study will find yourself retaking these classes. Lowering your GPA and pushing back your graduation date. So just be ready to focus and give it your all.

That their are more Instructor's there willing to help you, and to make sure you succeed. They dont mind going out there way to help you if it's something your really wanting to do.

Gary

I know you have a dim view of higher education right now and that you're not at all interested in going to college right now. I know that you don't feel that you have the money available to go. Understand that every year that you keep from going to school will be one year more that you're holding yourself back. Every year, you will find it harder and harder to go back to school and every year you will find it harder and harder to get a decent job until you have a degree. As hard as it may seem to get into college right now, it will be exponentially harder to do when you are in your thirties. Without a university education, you will feel like your life is in a holding pattern and the frustration will be immense. Believe me when I say that the rewards for finishing college are beyond what you can possibly imagine right now.

The level of academic achievement at Tulsa Community College is extremely low. As there is a shortage of qualified instructors, instructors are given conditional teaching certificates and immediately given classes to teach. There are many cases when classes are being taught by instructors who admit that they are not qualified to teach the course material.

As with any academic institution, you should not attend this school if you are unwilling to make the sacrifice of time and effort necessary to be successful within an academic program. Being unable or unwilling to attend class, turn in homework and otherwise work to succeed will result in poor academic achievement.

My classmates all come from different backgrounds/lifestyles and are male, female, caucasion, African American, Christian, Hispanic, non-Christian, determined individuals who seam to be very involved and motivated to succeed.

If I could go back in time I would have prepared myself a lot more for college. I didn't realize that there was so much information and planning involved including the SAT, ACT, the required enrollment process at my college of choice, and the financial aid information needed. If I could go back, I would have talked to a councelor or advisor about college information and where to begin the process. I would have also taken classes in high school that would have met my specific career objectives to be prepared for my college courses and would have talked myself into learning how to work the internet and typing skills. I would have researched all of the choices of college's to go to and would have saved up money for the little unprepared funds that college has brought along. As a single, teen mother during my senior year of high school, I would have saved up money for expenses that arises and daycare funds. I really would have prepared myself a lot more than what I did but now I know how to prepare my kids for college during thier senior year of high school.

As a student of Tulsa Community College I believe that anyone can attend TCC if they are motivated and are looking to advance thier career within 2-4 years. TCC has a wide varitey of students including different ethnicity , gender, religion, and single parents as well. The only type of person that shouldn't attend this school is somone who is irresponsible or careless about grades or doing the required work that it takes to be succesful.

Tiffany

Everyone gets along and I feel really safe on the campus.

Everyone gets along and I feel really safe on the campus.

Work harder on you research papers and take school alittle more serious.

Some of the teachers aren't college professors they are just part time teachers.

Sara

If I could go back to high school knowing what I know now I would have put my college and my future first. That did not seem as important to me then as it does now. I would tell myself what I wanted to do for the rest of my life instead of taking 6 years to figure it out. I would have told myself that even if I don't know what I want to do right away to at least concentrate on completing my basics. I would have told myself that I need to stay at college instead of moving back home after my first semester. I don't think I realized at the time that no matter what field I went into that I would have to have all my basic courses. My college experience has been a costly life lesson but I am very happy about where I am going now. I'm finally on the right track to completing my college education and pursuing a career in occupational therapy.

This is my first semester to attend Tulsa Community College. My previous semesters were taken at Rogers State University. I have no experience with classes at TCC but I do know that they offer many different times for some classes that may not be at convenient times at other colleges. I work full time during the day so I need to take either night or weekend classes. This is why I transferred to TCC for my remaining classes.

Since Tulsa Community College is a 2 year college is cheaper that any 4 year university that I know of. This was an attractive characteristic of the school.

marlo

Being a two year college you don't have to live on campus the first year and the tuition is cheaper. Many of the professors are adjunct so students are getting some of the same instuctors that they could at four year universities.

As a high school senior I was pregnant with my daughter. I would have told myself to adjust to being a new mother instead of rushing into school . I would have pointed out the need to ask about help for non-traditional students. There are a lot of resources for parents continuing their education and at the time I was just afraid and thought I was alone. Tulsa Community College would have been a first choice for me because of the flexibilty and lower cost, at the time I was so excited about getting accepted to the University of Tulsa that I didn't consider another option even though it was the most expensive school.

I wish I had started with a better understanding of how financial aid worked and how dropping or adding classes can effect it.

Tulsa Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.