Tulsa, OK
Tulsa Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Tulsa Community College

Austin

Don't stress too much before starting college. Let it work itself out, just don't get too stressed because it doesn't help matters any.

Someone who likes small classes with close professor interaction.

Someone who doesn't like small classes.

Heather

I think it is a really cold type atmosphere that is in serious need of some color and variety.

This is actually by second time starting college. I went straight after high school. I had no focus when I reached college. I think the most important thing that someone should have told me was that you don't have to go immediately to college. I screwed up my GPA horribly and am having to work extra hard 3 years after the fact to recover from it. I wish someone had told me to do some sort of service or something to discover more about myself before I went to college. I gained so much hands on knowledge and appreciation for learning from just going out on my own and doing latent learning verses sitting in a classroom. I ended up doing 14 months of service and that is where I finally discovered things about myself and my goals which is what drove me to return to school. Just having that end in mind has made college so much easier this time around. Also moving away from my family and friends was the best decision I ever made. Getting away from your normals pushes you to become the real you verses trying to live up to expectations of others.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that every single professor expects you to bring the slides that they post online to class to take notes but the library has a limit on how much can be printed in one day without extra cost and we already spend a fortune on books that we open one time at the beginning of the year to get those stupid little codes out of to access stuff online.

Jacob

There are several undeniable reasons why it is important to go to college. First of all, it is a great social experience. I have made so many new friends in just a year and a semester. There are an endless number of student groups and activites associated with the school that it is impossible not to become friends with many new people. Secondly, being in college teaches you life skills that would be hard to come by in the real world, at least without dire consequences. For example, the self-sufficiency required to keep up with all your homework and tests, and even the freedom to choose the times of your classes teach you valuable lessons about time management that if you waited to learn in the business world, could cost you a job, a large amount of money (i.e. an unstable investment) or even your whole future, depending on what field you decide to go into. Which brings me to my next point that in today's world and economy, the number of jobs available to people without college degrees is severely limited and most do not pay very well. It seems like the clear choice is college.

TCC is a great start for anyone. I highly recomend this school. The teachers are all very helpful and knowlegable in their subject matter and most are extremely willing to help with assignments in their class and to help you get used to the college atmosphere.

It's a very laid back and low stress environment and my tuition is about four times cheaper than all of my friends'.

Tulsa Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.