Tulsa Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Tulsa Community College

Abigail

I enjoyed attending here, I just wish there were better student activities. Across the 5 campuses, There are limited groups and organizations, leading to limited opportunities to join. The professors and staff there are all very kind and understanding of student\'s situations.

it is close to home and there is a quick trip or sonic by all campuses. teachers have office hours that usually run until 9 pm and respond promptly. i can always find campus security walking the halls and staff are extremely helpful. i can even get math and English tutoring from 9-3 on Saturday if need be.

Cassidy

So far I like my school. I'm only freshman so I can't say too much about it. I fell safe and supported there. There is a never ending list of resources that students are encouraged to take advantage of. Professors stay in contact with the students and are friendly to even students who are just passing by in the hall.

Alexis

Tulsa Community College is great for anyone who is wanting to boost their GPA, inexpensive education, and staying close to home. A lot of the teachers are really friendly and there are plenty of options and well known sources for help. TCC tries really hard to push their extra resource for students to help them to succeed. Also they have a lot of activities for students to enjoy and be involved with the campus. I think TCC is a great jump start for anyone.

Shanda

TCC is more than a Community College. It is a step up out of the cycle of poverty I grew up in ... I t was

Jamie

I love being a student at Tulsa Community College! I started college right after high school, and ended up at a big 4 year university, and after my first year I came back home and decided to go to TCC, just because the cost is so much cheaper. If I could go back and do things differently I definitely would, but you live and you learn, and I am definitely grateful to be where I am now! From honors courses, to all of the clubs and extracurricular activities, TCC offers a great environment for students to grow!

Sandra

I like this college and would definitely recommend.

Michaela

Good college for the cost

Nhi

Tulsa Community College is a good and safe college with low tuition. It is also a good school for students who have less writing skills because there are tutors guide students on essays. TCC has different majors to choose and its courses often accepted at universities.

Emmanuel

I think it is an average school. Nothing very special about it, but the best part would have to be the professors who care about their subject. It needs more events and more job fairs. It needs more student involvement and the cafeteria prices need to be reduced. Please, in a note to all colleges, offer more "1 class-a-month" options. In my opinion, stress is GREATLY reduced by focusing on a single subject at a time. Make lives easier for all of us and ditch the "take all classes at the same time" method. It's outdated and education needs a revamp. TCC, PLEASE take note of this.

Lp

The quality of education at Tulsa Community college varies widely depending on the instructor. Some instructors take their jobs seriously and provide a good learning experience. Other classes are pretty much a joke. The college does not seem to monitor the quality of instruction, or hold instructors to any particular standard.

sydney

Tulsa Community College is a great college, which encourages students to participate in activtities on and off campus. If I could finish my entire four year degree here i would! Each day i come to campus i enjoy every minute. The faculty has a great way of amking college feel less stressful!

Bianca

Tulsa Community College is a great College, everyone is really nice and helpful!!

Tulsa Community College is a great community college! The students are very friendly and for the most part, interactive in and out of class. The teachers are amazing and are always more than willing to help. There's a wide variety of classes and times for these classes, so you can work around all kinds of schedules.

Addison

It is a great school and has an amazing staff. I highly reccomend this school. The class sizes are small so it’s always a personal experience. The campuses are clean and safe. It is an amazing way to get introduced to college life but still have a personal feel.

It is terrible. I am only here because it is cheap. There are very few people that I would care to be friends with. Most people in my classes are married and have children. I am so isolated and wish I could go somewhere else. I do not like living at home either, but there are no dorms.

Victor

Tulsa is a great community college to attend. Students are very friendly and sociable. The professors are very helpful and make themselves available. The down side to this school is that the campuses are spread out through out the Tulsa area so you will need a car to get to classes.

Shannon

Great classes, wonderful professors, amazing facility, and lots of groups and activities. Simple homework and awesome start into the college life, especially with Tulsa Achieves where you get free college. Getting from class to class is simple and finding the classes you want is easy. Help from advisors is fantastic.

Skylar

I believe Tulsa Community college is a great school for many reasons. Since class sizes are no larger than 20 students, this allows the teacher to answer more of the questions that the students may have during class. All of my past teachers where also available after class if I needed help. In the case that a teacher may be too busy, TTC provides tutors at each of the main campus locations. The tutors are excellent at explaining subjects clearly and are glad to help. Many of my teachers promoted an open mind when it came to dicey subjects. Many of them promoted both sides and often would not indicate which side may be right or wrong. Overall this is a great school to attend if you are just starting college.

G c

Great place, good faculty, great building upkeep, lots of study places, small book store on site, food needs to improve, plenty of motivation to return. The most important part of this school is the schedule, it works great for students to work even full time and still get their needed classes

Edgar

It’s a okay college to get your basis out of the way. I just don’t like how some teachers think they are teaching high schoolers in the way the treat the students. For instance I think teachers should be more aware of the way the address students and vice versa.

Hope

Tulsa Community College has been a great experience for me. I attended the school as a dual credit, and never once regretted it. The best part of it all has been the professor I had this semester. Her name is Professor Virginia Garrett-Cannon. If you are looking for a Comp 1 or Comp 2 teacher, I highly suggest looking for her class to take.

Ian

Overall, not a bad college considering for most people it's free. Facilities are fairly nice, but there are numerous instructors that are problems. Computer teachers that don't know the first thing and even freshman seminar professors that aren't consistent. Plenty of good teachers too, but the bad ones are just awful.

Scott

The instructors are great and are there to help you succeed. The facilities are very nice almost all have a top notch gym, all are very clean. There are plenty of clubs most community colleges do not have. The labs are also great and full of brand new equipment.

Tulsa Community College is a great college for students that are starting out and also a great one for students with disabilities. the staff is wonderful and the students are nice . if you need any kind of help there is someone at Tulsa Community College that can help you with what you need.

I think it's a great school. The class size is great and it makes it easy to learn. The professors are accessible and always quick to offer help. The students are great to be with and there is a great mix of people. There is free math tutoring, which has helped me a lot in classes that I struggle with. Over all, Tulsa Community College is a great school with good professors, a good mix of students, and many resources to help with difficult classes.

Katelyn

Tulsa Community College is a commuter school with average academics, staff, and campuses. My favorite part of TCC is the extracurricular activities that students can be involved in. There are many ways students can get involved and feel like a part of the school.

Connor

Hhhhhhhhhhhubb. Bb bb bbbb. Bb. Bb. D d d d d and s s s s s s s s s s s s s. As s s s. S a. S s s. F f c. N j j j j j jj j j j j j jj I. J jjj j j j j j j jj I j j j j j j j j j j j j jj j j j j j j j j j j jj. J j jj j j j j j. Jj j. Plz I am broke and homeless rn

Danielle

I think it is a great school to attend and to start off at. It is only a jr college but resident tuition is cheap and they have tons of programs for you to transfer to a four year university. The advisors are super helpful. There's usually at least one thing going on at any of the campus locations at any point and time.

Autumn

TCC is a good starter college for students looking to save money their freshman year. The True Blue Scholarship also assists students with gaining leadership skills. I would recommend TCC for students looking to remain home their freshman year including to complete their basic classes before transferring to a four year college.

Makayla

Tulsa Community College is a great school. The professors care about you and how you’re doing. They will work with you to ensure that you achieve the best grade possible. The facility is kept very clean and there are campus police officers who will walk you to your car if you feel unsafe and they patrol all day around the parking lots.

Samuel

I think TCC is a wonderfully place to go at least for the first year of college. Tulsa Achieves will pay up to three years of college or 60 hours what ever comes first. It is a no brainier to save thousands and thousands of dollars to go to place to learn the same thing at a 4-year university. Why not achieve an Associates degree with out having to pull out a student loan and collect debt.

Kellie

Tulsa Community College is a good 2 year college to come to if you are indecisive about what you want to study, stay home, or want cheap schooling. I only came to this school because I was awarded a scholarship that gave me 64 credit hours free. If it was not for this, I would have went to a state credited university. The class sizes are perfect, but the teachers are bias.

kayla

Tulsa community college is my first college i have ever attended, furthermore i plan on graduating as a dental hygienist. I over all love this school and would recommend all of my peers such as friends and family to attend this school to smart or further there career choices.

Nikki

My overall opinion of Tulsa Community College is that while higher administrators seem to be actively trying staff and others could care less. It is evident there are rules, organizations, and people in place there to help out, but the people in charge of these areas most often know nothing. If a student were to go to the financial aid office, for instance, they would be sent in a circle of stand information pre-printed on a piece of paper, and if further assistance is required they only say to try again. Likewise with instructors, while put in place to help students I personally have already had an instructor say the issue on an assignment was not her problem. While TCC may be clean and provide many opportunites to students they lack in caring about how the staff treats students; especially since many don't believe its there responsibility to work with them. Now that being said there are many other instructors that do and have tried to help their students, but it should not be to balance the others out. TCC should see a problem when over half a class drops even when they are able to pass.

Vance

Tulsa Community College is a very inclusive and academic school. There are classes for everyone there. I have been able to enroll in every class that I have wanted to be in. I believe TCC is a very good community college that allows students to start or finish their education in whatever degree field they are pursuing.

This is a good school to go to as a jumping off point. It's a good transitioning place for people recently out of high school and getting their bearings as an adult. It is a clean, safe campus to go to. They have a whole building dedicated to the arts and lots of materials to use.

Bryan

i enjoy the class room time and the professors willingness to teach and for student to learn. The learning atmosphere is very clean and positive, comforting feeling. The classrooms tend to be hands on which I enjoy and the students that attend the classes are just as pro active as I am. I look forward for each semester begining.

Paige

After attending a large high school and a small private university, I would have to say that I am impressed with Tulsa Community College (TCC). I never thought I would be attending community college, much less in the same county I attended high school. I always had plans of moving away for university but moving back after freshman year was one of the smartest decisions I have ever made. I attend TCC's Metro campus in downtown Tulsa, I have taken classes in the main building, in the Center for Creativity, and online and have had a wonderful experience in each. All of my teachers have been friendly, approachable, and have regular office hours or quickly respond to emails and can easily make time for meetings. The librarians are knowledgable and helpful and the library itself is always organized and functional. The offices are open and occupied with staff that are willing and able to assist, I've only ever had trouble contacting and getting help from the advisement office. The art department is active and involved in the community and their building and facilities are absolutely beautiful.

Anna

TCC is a great community college. There are student services and faculty to help with all your needs. The classes usually have twenty students or under, so you don't have to worry if your teacher evens knows you're. There are five campuses across town, online and evening courses for working students. There is no on campus housing.

Kalkidan

I feel like this is a good college with a nice size classroom size. The professors are always available and they actually want to see their students succeed. It also doesn't hurt that the food on campus is really good and their are amazing apartments close to campus so you don't have to drive far.

Savannah

I liked how available the professors were to their students.

Taryn

I've honestly really enjoyed going here. I love that the classes aren't big at all, because your teachers can actually help you out more and remember your name. I've already learned a lot just within a year of attending here.

Karianne

I absolutely refused to even consider TCC when applying to colleges, but in the end it turned out to be the best possible scenario for me. I loved my two years at TCC, and it was the perfect way to continue working while getting credit hours. I would highly suggest starting out your college career at TCC.

Marilyn

I would recommend to stay focused on your general classes, and then focus on becoming much more involved once you transfer. TCC obtains a friendly environment. In-between classroom walks are just 5 minutes the most. Overall it's considered an to have an average rating for the school as a whole.

Jim

Great school for a community college.

I love the community, it's such a step up from high school. The professors are personable and the facilities are amazing. The library is always a wonderful place to be, and they have many areas with a plethora of power outlets and chairs/sofas for students to study or write papers, be it on their laptops or on paper. It's really a wonderful environment, and even someone apathetic and ADHD like me finds the motivation to complete assignments stress-free.

Kelcey

TCC is a fantastic opportunity, especially for non-traditional students and graduating high schoolers who lived in Tulsa County during their schooling (free tuition through the Tulsa Achieves scholarship). TCC has great class sizes, a multitude of programs available, it is affordable, and help is always available. Just like any institution, you will run into roadblocks, but it is a fantastic place to begin a secondary education.

Tiffany

Tulsa Community College is a great place to get your prerequisites out of the way. It's very inexpensive. However, you would be more successful transferring to a four year university after completion at TCC. I would definitely recommend this school as a stepping stone in your education.

Nolan

A good place to start a four-year degree and get your basics out of the way. It is a two-year college with multiple campuses, which is helpful since you can go to campuses close to you for the most part. The only downside is that some classes are canceled because a lack of students, so choose classes that are mostly filled, also they change their online forum a lot which can be annoying.