Farmington, CT
Tunxis Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Tunxis Community College

Antonino

Tunxis Community College has a great facility where they have a great library and rooms to study. There are 6 to 7 computer labs including the one in the library and each lab has at least 15 to 20 computers. Tunxis is delightfully very diverse with all kinds of people and an array of courses that will fit a students need and level. The teachers are unmatched in terms of being exceptionally helpful and being able to contact them. Unfortunately Tunxis suffers when being able to socialize. Since it is a Community College many students don't stay after class so it can be very lonely and gets tiresome quickly because you just go to class then leave and go home. Overall, Tunxis is very effective and second to none, when it comes to how affordable it is. I would recommend people to Tunxis if they are trying to save money and look for a way to get off their feet in terms of academics.

Kimberly

Tunxis Community College offers a variety of class options. This school is extremely accessible for those who are just coming from high school all the way to those who are going to college in their adult lives. They offer degrees fully online in subjects like business administration and general studies which is almost unheard of for an accredited college.

kristina

Tunxis Community college is a great school, It has one of the best Dental Hygiene programs in the state. Its a top quality and unique program Im blessed to be apart of. The amount of opportunities within the program is amazing, such as the volunteering in the health centers and the many rotation sites, the chance to go to the Bahamas through a service learning trip, and much more.

Philip

Very clean and tidy. Diverse student population from surrounding towns and cities. Rural, lots of space. Great Art program with dedicated and knowledgable teachers. Same goes for the non-art teaches. Always a good exhibit in the Art gallery. The computer lab is useful with many different devices, and both mac and windows OSs. Library is a decent size for a small community college and the books and equipment are much less expensive than they are and large Universities like UCONN. The administrative staff are all helpful and ready to help you accomplish your goals and also transfer your credits to 4 year higher educational institutions. The cafeteria is small, but for a community college is is accommodating to the number of students that attend. There is usually parking, but during the week at times where most students have class, it can be hard to find a spot.

Tamara

I think Tunxis is a great school, everyone is friendly and supportive to help me reach my goals. The professors are always available and willing to help. The campus is quiet and has a relaxed vibe to it. I am very happy to be a part of a great community college like this one.

Jeff

You know how everyone talks about what shcool they'll attend when they graduate? Well, all of my buddies went to "cool" schools like USC or Syracuse, and then here I am going to a community college. Pretty lame right? Yeah I suppose so, until you consider 4 years down the road. My buddies took out college loans, so when they graduate they'll have upwards of 100k in debt. For a fraction of the cost, and without loans I can attend tunxis with equal opportunities. So if you don't think "debt" is cool, go to tunxis!

Jeff, you control your destiny. College is a launching pad for the rest of your life, and I know you didn't always focus much on your studies back in highschool, but now you can improve yourself with the chance to better your future. The key to success is within your grasp, all you have to do is open you mind. I'm sure everyone has been telling you how hard college is compared to high school, but really it's not so bad. You just have to focus in class, and do your homework with 110% effort. Now your probably thinking about how little free time you'll have. Don't worry, if you stay on top of assignments it'll be a breeze. Just be sure if you fall behind you focus on getting back on pace right away. Aside from the educational aspect, you will meet a lot of new people, even some very special people. Although, remember why you are at school, not to imrpove your social status, but acheive a lasting education. Tough it out, the best things in life are earned with hard work. Peace.

Everywhere I went people would always ask me: what school are you going to? My peers would snicker, likewise, any adult would praise my wise decision to attend an affordable school. I didn't mind my buddies teasing me, but I surely found comfort when teachers and professors would tell me that for the price, tunxis can't be beat. So really it depends who you ask. A young kid might view tunxis as a joke, however, all the adults I talked with immediately pointed out the cheap pricing and quality education offered at Tunxis. After all, money matters most.

Christina

If I could go back and speak with myself as a high school senior I would tell myself that there are 24 hours in a day, and the most important thing you can remember to do is maintain a balance. The three major, important things in life are work, sleep and play. If there are 24 hours in a day then you should divide it up and devote 8 hours to each and you'll maintain a healthy balance, making life less stressful.

If I had to choose one thing about my school that I didn't enjoy so much was the adjunct professors not being required to have office hours. It was more difficult to get in contact with them, and the school e-mail system could have been more effective.

I would tell myself to prepare for hard work. Academically it will be a step up from high school and self effort is very important because it is all independant. There won't be someone there making sure assignments get completed or making sure everything is clear and that you completly understand. Also don't think about the graduation at the begining and keep a positive attitude about the whole college experience. Commit all efforts to succeed in each course one step at a time. Remember to keep an open mind and don't consider only one program or major because college is a path of self discovery and there are plenty of options. Remember college will be demanding physically because it may get hard to juggle with other aspects of life. Just keep a general goal to succeed in mind at all times. Socially college will be hard too. Try not to get caught up in the social aspects of college which can blurr the vision to succeed. Succeding in college does not mean to finish with the highest GPA or achieving a high salary. Success is all about happiness so be sure to stay happy and committed.

Tunxis is a great place to start a path of self discovery for anyone who is unsure of career aspirations. Tunxis offers courses in which one will be able to discover new abilities and interests. A new student may consider how he or she will prepare academically for the education and Tunxis is a campus dedicated to helping the students. The campus offers plenty of tutorial help in the student academic support center. It is also easy to transfer credits to any four year school after education is complete. Anyone looking for new possibilities should attend Tunxis.

Someone who is not dedicated and motivated to succeed shouldn't attend Tunxis. With any type of discovery hard work and commitment are essential. If a prospective student does not want to put hard work and effort into school then that type of person should not attend Tunxis. The staff at Tunxis are all friendly, hard working and will do anything for the students as long as the students are willing to put forth just as much effort. A person that does not have dedication to put forth his or her best efforts should not attend Tunxis.

Heather

If I could go back to my senior year in high school, I would absolutely make some changes. Like most seniors, I took the nonchalant route and took the easiest classes I could take. I would still get decent grades such as mostly B's and some A's but I put hardly any effort into any of the classes. Because of this, the first thing I would do is take classes that were challenging and make sure I got the best possible grades that I could get in all of them. High school is much easier than college, and I think that if I set more ambition and studying skills earlier on, it'd make for an easier transition into college. I'd also make sure that I was gthe one making myself stay on top of work and studying because in college the teachers don't baby you and won't remind you of assignments all the time like they do in high school. In short, I would just take senior year more seriously. I realize it's the time that people don't take that seriously, but I really wish I had. I would've benefited more.

Someone that should attend Tunxis would be a person who mainly has a somewhat small budget and also someone that works. Tunxis has an extremely flexible schedule with its classes so it's great for the working person. It's also a great start to get an Associates Degree and get out into the world with at least some sort of degree on hand. It's also a great education for a fairly low amounbt of money. Instead of taking general aducation classes at a University, they can be taken at Tunxis for much cheaper.

Tunxis is a great start to get all of your general education classes out of the way. It's very affordable, an easy transition from high school, and a gorgeous new campus. All of the teachers are great and help you along the way throughout each class. It's just a great starting point for a small budget, and it's really nice to go from high school to Tunxis instead of straight to a big University with a large, confusing campus.

Tunxis Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.