Tuskegee, AL
Tuskegee University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Tuskegee University

Jahvasha

Tuskegee University stands out to me the most because it's a Historically Black College/University (HBCU). I am culturally aware of my background and since Tuskegee University is a historic campus site, I learn something new about my campus just about everyday. Many successors attended TU and were very successful in life and are looked upon until this day. Tuskegee also consists of many students who has strong school pride which makes our school strong as a whole. Even though Tuskegee is looked upon as a very expensive school, the cost of education is priceless.

So far my college experience has shown me how to gain independence. College is all about networking and learning how to adapt to your surrounding and others as well. Adapting to college has shown me many different ways of being successful and as a college freshman I already feel as if im on the road to success. As a black African American women attending a Historically Black College/University (HBCU), seeing that many successors accomplished things motivates me and pushes me towards the right path. When attending college you are not always in a classroom environment learning things, I gain knowledge outside of the classroom and learn valuable facts about my school. Majority of my college experience has helped me out in my everyday life.

The worst thing about Tuskegee University is the area its located in, it doesn't allow me to maneuver around. Since Tuskegee is a private institute the tuition rises very often which makes it hard for students stay enrolled at Tuskegee University. With this being said this will leads to students transfering to another school. Transfering to another school can also lead to confusion because your not certain if all of your credits will transfer.

Jaren

What I have gotten the most out of my school is learning to work with different people who don't share the same views as you do, even if you are of the same color. I needed to learn how to better get along with them, even if they weren't my friends in order work on specific projects or research. I became a better people's person because of this. Another thing I've gotten out here is the preseverance. No matter how far behind the school is, we students have to work with each other and take whatever information there is available in order to accomplish our tasks. This way, me & my classmates can tackle anything in our way, and help us get ready for the real world.

The historical significance about it. Long ago the school was built by its very own students. It was a safe haven, for many decades, of African Americans who wanted higher education in the South. The school is also well know for their training of the military soldiers in the Air Force. Also, the famous Syphillis experiments were conducted at the former Andrew hospital, which was terminated back in the 1970s. Overall the school is little, but has deep American history.

Someone who is gay, a non-believer in God (well maybe), anti-Rap/Hip Hop, republican, or racist against African Americans. You will not be very liked here, unless you are tolerant of African-Americans and the culture at this school.

Deontay

College is a big step in one's life. It can be one of the most important step in your life that aids you in achieving the career of your choice. Thus far, I have gotten a lot out of my college experience. Besides the being more knowledgeable, college made me more mature, more focused, and pushed me to get things done and not procrastinate. College will change you. At first you may not notice it, but when you reevaluate yourself, you will see that the person that first can into college, is not that person now. College is a valuable choice in life if you stay on task and remember why you are there.

The word thing about my school is the condition of the dorms. I feel that out of all this money that us students are paying, Tuskegee should be able to renovate the dorm halls.

My school is known to be a very prestigous college. So I tend to brag and tell most of my friends about that. Also we have a rich history.

Tanisha

Focused, fun and strivers.

Focused, fun and strivers.

I was the first in my family to go to college. My parents didn't go and my grandparents worked the fields as sharecroppers in Mississippi. My brother and sister also did not go. I decided to leave Detroit and go back to where my paternal family was - Alabama. My family was two hours away from campus and was a great resource to have even if the only thing they gave me was paper towel and sodas for my dorm room - it was enough because it was all they had. I was always good in math and science an engineering was a natural choice for a major. My professors were top notch and helped me learn kinds of math that I didn't know existed. I had seven good friends, who became like sisters. They encouraged me to be my best and also took some really cool road trips with me. I became self sufficient by leaving home and going to college hundreds of miles away. I became an independent thinker who became aware of the world around me. I entered college a naive girl and left as an educated person ready to contribute to my commmunity and society.

A focused person who is determined to get their education. Tuskegee University is know for it's wonderful programs, engineering, nursing, veterinary medicine. Wonderful school.

Britni

Out of my community college experience I've learned to be humble and accept any learning that I can recieve. Even when you may think little of a class it may be the one you learn the most in. So take a variety of classes within your major. From my experience on a four year college I've learned skills needed to live away from home. I've learned the simple things in life. I bring my laundry down stairs to wash in a washer and dry in a dryer that are not mine. And that is humbling also. Where my education may take me I am unsure of but I now know that even if I struggle along the way I can go to a laundrymat and eat ramen noodles till I have found better days. And, in the end, everything will work out.

Azaliah

College has allowed me to enhance mentally, socially, and most academically. It has opened my eyes to new ideas and people from many different places. My school has given me the opportunity to excel, make lifelong friends and connections, and it is preparing me for a career in helping many people. Most of all it has allowed me to emerge in my heritage and surround myself with the resources to a great destiny.

Being a historically black university, I considered Tuskegee for its rich history and academic legacy. Here is a place, where anyone, regardless oless of social status, hierarchy, or style, one is accepted.

It is ranked the 6th HBCU in the country (and we have FUN)

Erica

I am intending on attending Cornerstone University and majoring in Family Studies with a minor in either Sociology or Pyschology. I am living with my parents temporarily and am getting no help financially from them for college or anything. I am working as much as I possibly can but it still is not enough for private college. I am asking you to highly consider me for this scholarship. I would greatly appreciate it and use it wisely. You will not have to worry about me taking anything for granted. Please consider me. I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Denise

My classmates are, wild,fun,smart,encouraging,and make life worth living.

My classmates are, wild,fun,smart,encouraging,and make life worth living.

As a college freshman at first it can be hard to adjust to the college lifestyle. Being the youngest out of eight siblings and the first to go to college it's kind of different. You feel like all eyes are on you and which they are. All my life I depended on my parents and my siblings. I practically did anything because everything was done for me. Living at college has taught me to fend for myself. The college experience is a experience that is like no other. Its fun and exciting. I am honored to say that is has been valuable to attend because I for once had grown up. College shapes you into the young men or woman you were meant to be in life. Not only that, its also is truly amazing. You have people with the same goals as you and friends that could last a lifetime.

So far I would say the worst thing about my school is that it so far from home. I am originally from Massachusetts and living in Alabama is a drastic change for me. I mean Im not used to the country and down here it's the country. I never been so far from home or my family. I am used to family being around all the time. For me to be all alone is sometimes depressing. I guess this is just something I would have to deal with while I complete my studies.=(

Victoria

I have gotten a few thing out of my college experince. One of the main experiences is independence. I am very independent. I am a full time student and I also work full time. I have become a stronger person since I started school. On the flip side to that I am also a good team player. I have had many group project in my 2years and they have also made me stronger in that area. Those are a few things that I have gotten out of my college experince.

Derell

Going from California to Alabama has been such big change for me because I'm so used to being in a big city, however attending Tuskegee University for my first year has given me a new view on life and I have been given a sense of accomplishment. Moving to such a small city as Tuskegee, I actually enjoy the slow down that I have been put through, it gives me time to relax and think about life which is hard when you usually fast-pacing through life. Also, when I came in I had received a work study job working in a research lab and I enjoyed making my own money for the first time, as well as having such a wonderful job that actually guided me to changing my major from Biology/Pre-Med to Clinical Laboratory Science, and pursuing my new career goal as a Biomedical Researcher. Just in my first year I have performed two experiments and presented one of them in a research competition. Just this feel of completion in what I've done and the confidence in what I want to do is what I have received from Tuskegee University.

The best thing about Tuskegee University is the campus life, because every event I attend on campus is so much fun. The events thrown are always so creative and new to me, especially since it was my first year. The events are so full of energy that even when the actual event is boring the students in the audience are so energetic that there's no way to not enjoy yourself.

The most frustrating thing about Tuskegee University is the campus rules, because there are so many that the most simpliest thing you could receive a fine for. Also, with the school being stuck on tradition we have separate dorms and sides of the campus for each sex with a curfew to be on their respective sides with no dorm visitation of opposite sexes at all.

Tuskegee University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.