Tuskegee, AL
Tuskegee University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Tuskegee University

Jere

Its a good school but it needs to be renovated, most of the building are old and decrepit. The teachers are usually helpful (you have one or two rude professors,) but most look out for you. Tuskegee is a small elderly town so not much happens here, if you want fun or shopping you have to go to Auburn or Montgomery. It would be nice to have a Walmart and some other well know stores.

Tiara

You have experince Tuskegee Unversity yourself, there is honestly no other University like TU!

Do not take your family’s money & household items for granted. Never let yourself to be less than what you really are. Pay attention and listen to the older and wise man.

A person who doesn't get discourged easily.

Alexia

The stereotype of my school is that it holds students that are educated young ladies and gentlemen trying to further their education and it is accurate.

The students body is full of ladies and gentlemen. When i first entered school I was scared because I thought it was going to be difficult meeting friendly people; however, everyone that I have come across, for the most part, have been amiable and down to earth people that are dedicated to their education.

Niya

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that college is not easy. It's not like high school and you can't get away with not studying or not putting in maximum effort. The amount of effort you put in reflects your overall grade. I would tell myself to study hard and read the textbook before going to class to be able to undertand what the professor is saying during the lecture. I would tell myself to communicate with my professors so they are able to help me when I need it. I would tell myself to find study groups and make friends with students who are in my same major program and study with them for tests. I would tell myself that college is what you make it and never take for granted the opportunities you have at the moment because you may not get a second chance.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the staff's work ethic. They are not exactly quick to perform a task. One must be really patient with them because nothing is every really done in the most timely fashion.

LaRae

If I were to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior about what I know now about college life and making that big transition in life, I would advise myself to always stay true to who you are and stay focused. You will meet a lot of people during freshman orientation week that will not make it to the next semester or through the following semester. It is hard to watch your new found friends fail or not have enough money to continue their education because you want the best for them as you want for yourself. During your first semester of college, you will meet people that will be there for you 100% of the way but that next semester, everything will change. You will experience things you would have never even thought that you would experience because of the people that you are around or the things that you hear around campus. Always stay true to who you are as a person and be the best you can be. Do not let your so-called "friends" steer you away from your education due to campus gossip. Enjoy college and stay focused.

Before I came to Tuskegee, I thought it was going to be like every other college campus with parties, fraternities and sororities, and more school spirit. However, I was a little wrong. There were not a lot of on-campus parties, most of the fraternities and sororities were either not allowed to be on the yard or just were not as involved as expected and most of the students did not have as much school spirit. I wish that I knew what I was getting into but I would not change anything about the experience I have had so far.

I think people that are very insecure about the way they see themselves should not attend Tuskegee University. Tuskegee's students are very nice and friendly but are also very judgemental. For instance, Tuskegee is a live fashion show on Wednesday's and Friday's. A lot of students dress to impress on those days and are sometimes looked at unusual, whereas those that do not dress to impress are also looked at very unsual as well. I think that because Tuskegee's students are so judgemental to one another, that can break someone down and cause depression.

Kharizma

College can either make or brake you. Upon finishing my freshman year of college I learned many new aspects that can help me throughout life. If I could go back in time and talk to my highschool senior self, I would say plan well. Knowing what I know now I was not well prepared as a highschool senior. In highschool instead of taking only one AP course I should have taken multiple. I began to focus on colleges and universities toward the middle of my highschool year. I would have told myself aim higher, go above and beyond. Although I graduated at the top 20 percent of my class, I should have been in the top five percentile. Knowing the financial assitance given to incoming freshman I would have aimed for a specific educational goal. I would advise myself to stay focused and do not give up when times get rough. Although I can not go back in time I am glad I got through my freshman year of college. Even though I did not plan as well as I should, I did exceptional for me.

The best thing about Tuskegee University would have to be the oppruntities the school provides. The school often has people in the filed you are studying come in and speak to a class, to better inform students.

The most frustrating thing about Tuskegee University would have to be communication with advisors, and faculty. Calling the school during summer hours can be frustrating because many of the facukty do not answer.

Raven

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself not to worry about the opinions of other people, not to join Naval ROTC, to love myself, and to work as hard as possible. I would also tell myself that you can not please everyone. I always lived my life trying to make sure everybody else was happy when I really needed to be taking care of myself and making myself happy. That would have made so much of a difference now. Because of this, I am now stuck between a rock and a hard place; I no longer want to be a part of the program, yet I have no other way to pay for school. This summer I must decide whether I should stay in the program and sign off eight years of my life after college to the U.S. Navy, or whether I should take out loans to pay for college. There is not an option for a happy Raven" here and I now have a few weeks to decide. My final advice to my high school self: Make yourself happy before you do for others.

The worst thing about my school would probably be the fact that Tuskegee's employees make it hard for the students to get anything done. You have run all around the campus to different offices and back just to complete simple tasks.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that we pay so much for horrible service by the faculty.

Briana

My classmates are friendly and eager to help.

My classmates are friendly and eager to help.

You either love or hate the school and majority of the students love it. They're extremely school-spirited. The alumni association is extremely loyal to the school.

If I had the opportunity to talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to take the college application, but more particularly, the scholarship search more seriously. I would go back and put in the necessary time and effort it takes to be successful at this task. I say this because I am now a junior in college and have realized that finding funds for college is a very grueling and time consuming task. Also, it is not something that can be avoided because it is necessary to have the funds in order to get the education one is seeking and ultimately become the pharmacist I am aspiring to one day become. While I am extremely proud of my achievements and accomplishments thus far, I feel that I would be a few steps closer to my dreams and aspirations had I taken heed in high school and listened to that piece of advice that everyone tried so desperately to instill into me.

I would say that you did a pretty good job but there are some things I want you to change. First study a lot more than you do now. Stay on top of Academic Decathlon. I know it may be overwhelming at first because of the other clubs you are apart of, but it is okay it does get better. Do not give up on Tri-M Honor society, it seems like it is falling off but you will be surprised how known it is. Junior Achievement was a great choice to stay with. Socialize is the key to success. Always keep that in mind. Follow your heart and have no doubts about anything. You are a strong minded young lady and people will be impressed with you. Just believe in yourself much more than you do and you will do great.

The best thing at Tuskegee University is the bond that you create with the people there. The staff, the students, the teachers all look out for you. If you need something someone can direct you to someone and they can help you right away.

I would not say that no one cannot attend Tuskegee. Everyone and anyone is welcome to attend Tuskegee University. We are a family and we accept everyone.

Tuskegee University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.