Tuskegee, AL
Tuskegee University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Tuskegee University

LaRae

If I were to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior about what I know now about college life and making that big transition in life, I would advise myself to always stay true to who you are and stay focused. You will meet a lot of people during freshman orientation week that will not make it to the next semester or through the following semester. It is hard to watch your new found friends fail or not have enough money to continue their education because you want the best for them as you want for yourself. During your first semester of college, you will meet people that will be there for you 100% of the way but that next semester, everything will change. You will experience things you would have never even thought that you would experience because of the people that you are around or the things that you hear around campus. Always stay true to who you are as a person and be the best you can be. Do not let your so-called "friends" steer you away from your education due to campus gossip. Enjoy college and stay focused.

Before I came to Tuskegee, I thought it was going to be like every other college campus with parties, fraternities and sororities, and more school spirit. However, I was a little wrong. There were not a lot of on-campus parties, most of the fraternities and sororities were either not allowed to be on the yard or just were not as involved as expected and most of the students did not have as much school spirit. I wish that I knew what I was getting into but I would not change anything about the experience I have had so far.

I think people that are very insecure about the way they see themselves should not attend Tuskegee University. Tuskegee's students are very nice and friendly but are also very judgemental. For instance, Tuskegee is a live fashion show on Wednesday's and Friday's. A lot of students dress to impress on those days and are sometimes looked at unusual, whereas those that do not dress to impress are also looked at very unsual as well. I think that because Tuskegee's students are so judgemental to one another, that can break someone down and cause depression.

Kharizma

College can either make or brake you. Upon finishing my freshman year of college I learned many new aspects that can help me throughout life. If I could go back in time and talk to my highschool senior self, I would say plan well. Knowing what I know now I was not well prepared as a highschool senior. In highschool instead of taking only one AP course I should have taken multiple. I began to focus on colleges and universities toward the middle of my highschool year. I would have told myself aim higher, go above and beyond. Although I graduated at the top 20 percent of my class, I should have been in the top five percentile. Knowing the financial assitance given to incoming freshman I would have aimed for a specific educational goal. I would advise myself to stay focused and do not give up when times get rough. Although I can not go back in time I am glad I got through my freshman year of college. Even though I did not plan as well as I should, I did exceptional for me.

The best thing about Tuskegee University would have to be the oppruntities the school provides. The school often has people in the filed you are studying come in and speak to a class, to better inform students.

The most frustrating thing about Tuskegee University would have to be communication with advisors, and faculty. Calling the school during summer hours can be frustrating because many of the facukty do not answer.

Raven

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself not to worry about the opinions of other people, not to join Naval ROTC, to love myself, and to work as hard as possible. I would also tell myself that you can not please everyone. I always lived my life trying to make sure everybody else was happy when I really needed to be taking care of myself and making myself happy. That would have made so much of a difference now. Because of this, I am now stuck between a rock and a hard place; I no longer want to be a part of the program, yet I have no other way to pay for school. This summer I must decide whether I should stay in the program and sign off eight years of my life after college to the U.S. Navy, or whether I should take out loans to pay for college. There is not an option for a happy Raven" here and I now have a few weeks to decide. My final advice to my high school self: Make yourself happy before you do for others.

The worst thing about my school would probably be the fact that Tuskegee's employees make it hard for the students to get anything done. You have run all around the campus to different offices and back just to complete simple tasks.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that we pay so much for horrible service by the faculty.

Briana

My classmates are friendly and eager to help.

My classmates are friendly and eager to help.

You either love or hate the school and majority of the students love it. They're extremely school-spirited. The alumni association is extremely loyal to the school.

If I had the opportunity to talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to take the college application, but more particularly, the scholarship search more seriously. I would go back and put in the necessary time and effort it takes to be successful at this task. I say this because I am now a junior in college and have realized that finding funds for college is a very grueling and time consuming task. Also, it is not something that can be avoided because it is necessary to have the funds in order to get the education one is seeking and ultimately become the pharmacist I am aspiring to one day become. While I am extremely proud of my achievements and accomplishments thus far, I feel that I would be a few steps closer to my dreams and aspirations had I taken heed in high school and listened to that piece of advice that everyone tried so desperately to instill into me.

I would say that you did a pretty good job but there are some things I want you to change. First study a lot more than you do now. Stay on top of Academic Decathlon. I know it may be overwhelming at first because of the other clubs you are apart of, but it is okay it does get better. Do not give up on Tri-M Honor society, it seems like it is falling off but you will be surprised how known it is. Junior Achievement was a great choice to stay with. Socialize is the key to success. Always keep that in mind. Follow your heart and have no doubts about anything. You are a strong minded young lady and people will be impressed with you. Just believe in yourself much more than you do and you will do great.

The best thing at Tuskegee University is the bond that you create with the people there. The staff, the students, the teachers all look out for you. If you need something someone can direct you to someone and they can help you right away.

I would not say that no one cannot attend Tuskegee. Everyone and anyone is welcome to attend Tuskegee University. We are a family and we accept everyone.

Gregory

It provide student with a unique experience of its own. What I mean by that is that it make students become independent and use the resources given to them in order to succed. So when graduation day comes, it makes students more appreciative and humble knowing the body of work produced from the years at Tuskegee University.

I would tell my high school self that he should fill out every scholarship possible when applying for college. It will be in his best interest, especially having the 3.2 GPA coming out of high school. Also, I would tell him to please manage his money very, very wisely his freshman year so that he will not have to juggle a part-time job and school including the fact that he will likely take up the engineering program. I would tell him that time management is key in his college success. Although I want him to enjoy college and network as much as possible, do not lose focus on what he is going to college for due to social events. I would remind him that college is going to be the best four or more years of his life but more importantly the pivotal time to transition into a productive adult. Lastly, I would tell him to "take care of home first and then do you" meaning that family is always first before anything then enjoy the freedom that will be upon you.

I brag the most about the great college experiences with friends (some academically and some outside of school) know that we are all working to towards the same goal; a degree in our chosen profession.

Malia

I would tell myself that no matter the challenges you face don't get discouarged because you can truly overcome anything. I would also say this is not easy and will constantly test you. So try your hardest don't get to caught up in the fun and stay focus on your dream. Even though you may just want to give up, you are the first in your family so do this for them. Be the role model you want to be for your brother and sisters. Show they no matter how many people put you down because of the neighborhood you grew up in that doesn't defined you as a person. Be the vocie your family hasn't had and prove to yourself you are worth the dreams you have. Turn your dreams into reality. Study more often if you need help ask for it even if your scared the worst thing you can do is not ask and fail. The last thing i would tell me is that no matter how much you struggle your mother will always be proud of you because you have done what she couldn't and her nagging will guide you forever.

The opportunities that they offer. An the way they plan events thats can get so many different people to see each other as family.An the way they accept a large diversity of students with very different backgrounds and skills they can contribute to the school.

someone who is not use to working hard and that doesn't work well with others because they way most of the courses are set up you will be doing alot of group work and projects. Also who doesn't like rural areas shouldn't attend this school.

Destiny

The historical significnce of Tuskegee makes it unique. The university has been deemed a historic land mark becuase of this the buildings using orignal designs and bricks. Students can see the history and their ancestry in the buildings as they walk to class, or simply relax around campus. The university acts as a becon and a constant reminder that we as African American have struggled throughout the years, and as a reslt, must work for everything we have, and because of this, it makes the students work harder.

The biggest piece of advice I would giv myself is to be more studious. If in high school I was more studious, more oppritunities would have been availiable for me. As we all know, going to college is not a cheap expense, so if I were in a better place acadmeically coming out of school, I would have been able to maybe go further away from school or be less of a financial burden for my family

I consider the school spirit the best thing at Tuskegee University. The students at Tuskegee are very friendly, almost like a second family. The atmosphere of the school provide the perfect combination of fun and eductation that nutrures the growth of the students intellect as well. The culmination of the school spirit and acadmic atmosphere provide an almost percect college experience.

Imani

Tuskegee University is the only historical black college/university to be named a National Historic Site.

If I could go back and advise myself as a high school senior, I would realistically tell myself to develop a habit of hard work EARLY. I graduated high school with a 3.3 GPA without trying. I would tell myself to make every class count becuase the harder you work in high school, the easier things will be in college for you. I have learned that if I had've worked hard in high school, working hard in college woulen't be such a major transition. I would also tell myself to become more open-minded, because in college you are forced to interact with MANY different people who often times have different views and feelings than you do. However, if one is open minded, it can help you grow as a person to understand other people's views and feelings as well as your own.

A determined and hard-working person should attend this school. Also if you would like to know more about African American history Tuskegee is a great choice. It is also great for anyone looking to interact with people who are African American.

LeQuadris

I would tell myself to prepare for depending on your own. Nobody is there to wake you up for your morning classes. Better prepare myself the class schedule to be different everyday. I would have to better organize all my paperwork, and to write down when assignments and exams are scheduled.

There really is not anything to say bad about this school. Tuskegee offer a variety of majors that is suitable for anyone.

This school is made for any person to attend. The tutition may be high, but Tuskegee will work with you by offering scholarships and loans.

Tuskegee University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.