Tuskegee, AL
Tuskegee University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Tuskegee University

Malia

I would tell myself that no matter the challenges you face don't get discouarged because you can truly overcome anything. I would also say this is not easy and will constantly test you. So try your hardest don't get to caught up in the fun and stay focus on your dream. Even though you may just want to give up, you are the first in your family so do this for them. Be the role model you want to be for your brother and sisters. Show they no matter how many people put you down because of the neighborhood you grew up in that doesn't defined you as a person. Be the vocie your family hasn't had and prove to yourself you are worth the dreams you have. Turn your dreams into reality. Study more often if you need help ask for it even if your scared the worst thing you can do is not ask and fail. The last thing i would tell me is that no matter how much you struggle your mother will always be proud of you because you have done what she couldn't and her nagging will guide you forever.

The opportunities that they offer. An the way they plan events thats can get so many different people to see each other as family.An the way they accept a large diversity of students with very different backgrounds and skills they can contribute to the school.

someone who is not use to working hard and that doesn't work well with others because they way most of the courses are set up you will be doing alot of group work and projects. Also who doesn't like rural areas shouldn't attend this school.

Destiny

The historical significnce of Tuskegee makes it unique. The university has been deemed a historic land mark becuase of this the buildings using orignal designs and bricks. Students can see the history and their ancestry in the buildings as they walk to class, or simply relax around campus. The university acts as a becon and a constant reminder that we as African American have struggled throughout the years, and as a reslt, must work for everything we have, and because of this, it makes the students work harder.

The biggest piece of advice I would giv myself is to be more studious. If in high school I was more studious, more oppritunities would have been availiable for me. As we all know, going to college is not a cheap expense, so if I were in a better place acadmeically coming out of school, I would have been able to maybe go further away from school or be less of a financial burden for my family

I consider the school spirit the best thing at Tuskegee University. The students at Tuskegee are very friendly, almost like a second family. The atmosphere of the school provide the perfect combination of fun and eductation that nutrures the growth of the students intellect as well. The culmination of the school spirit and acadmic atmosphere provide an almost percect college experience.

Imani

Tuskegee University is the only historical black college/university to be named a National Historic Site.

If I could go back and advise myself as a high school senior, I would realistically tell myself to develop a habit of hard work EARLY. I graduated high school with a 3.3 GPA without trying. I would tell myself to make every class count becuase the harder you work in high school, the easier things will be in college for you. I have learned that if I had've worked hard in high school, working hard in college woulen't be such a major transition. I would also tell myself to become more open-minded, because in college you are forced to interact with MANY different people who often times have different views and feelings than you do. However, if one is open minded, it can help you grow as a person to understand other people's views and feelings as well as your own.

A determined and hard-working person should attend this school. Also if you would like to know more about African American history Tuskegee is a great choice. It is also great for anyone looking to interact with people who are African American.

LeQuadris

I would tell myself to prepare for depending on your own. Nobody is there to wake you up for your morning classes. Better prepare myself the class schedule to be different everyday. I would have to better organize all my paperwork, and to write down when assignments and exams are scheduled.

There really is not anything to say bad about this school. Tuskegee offer a variety of majors that is suitable for anyone.

This school is made for any person to attend. The tutition may be high, but Tuskegee will work with you by offering scholarships and loans.

Christopher

To be diligent in my studies becausemy past self will be attending at The University of the Incarnate Word in the near future and that he will have spend a suffient amount of time looking for scholarships because the university would be very expensive to attend classes at, so he should spend less time messing around.

Shondrica

My classmates that I associate myself with are friendly and uplefting and supportive all the time.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, my advice that I would give to myself is to take full advantage of scholarship opportunities. Always stay forcus and set goals so that you can see your accomplishments. Remember you have younger brothers and sister that look up to you, be a Leader that you are.

The best thing about Tuskegee University is the family vibe once you step on campus because everybody looks out for each other.

Margot

its best known for how many students it graduates and sports

its best known for how many students it graduates and sports

I would tell myself to not take it as a joke like i did freshman year, everyone should see there professros every week, ask questions and dont be afraid to speak up and say if something is wrong or if you need help. also dont party as much it will not get your degree

it is very fun, very prestigious, there is nothing down her though, not many places to go, you are going to want a car

Alexandra

Tuskegee University is known for it's historical background and legacy. Such as Booker T. Washington and George Washington Carver. Also both men are buried on campus, and the school is a national landmark.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself that everything that mom and everyone at church told you is true. College is one of the toughest things that you will ever do. Ease up a bit, and take time to enjoy your senior year in high school, because you will not get the chance to relax in college. It's ok to have fun and balance is way more important sometimes than getting the highest grades. Know that no matter what you think, mom and dad love you and are proud of you no matter what.

If you are a person that likes to live in a city or town with stores, restuarants, and activities then do not go here. The school is the town and that's it. Without the school, there will not be a Tuskegee.

Kayanna

My classmates are very helpful, we are like a family & everyone wants to see eachother succeed.

Tuskegee is best known for its Engineering and Social Work Program. There is also a very high graduate and career receiving rate at Tuskegee.

I honesty think of this quetion everyday. I would tell myself to work on time management skills. I would also tell mself to research more scholarships so I wouldnt have to struggle to pay for school. I would also remind myself never to give up on my dream no matter what is thrown in my way.

Cheryl

Tuskegee provided me with I consider to be a Nursing education that is second to none, the instructors truly cared about their students.

If I could go back in time and talk to my self as a high school senior, the first thing that I would say to my 17 year old self would be to enjoy the process. Don't be so quick to grow up-- you have the rest of your life to be an adult. Savor your youth, but use it wisely. Know that the decisions that you make now will have a great and lasting impact on your future. Being a high school senior is awesome and you have so many possibilites available to you. Take some time to decide what it is that you want to do with your life. Listen to your parents as they give you advise, but know that your parents can't and won't live your life for you. They can give you advise, but follow your gut instincts about what it is that you feel will make you happy and productive in the years to come. Afterall, a profession is often a lifetime decision and should be made with great care. Choosing your major in college is one of the most important decisions you will have to make in your young life.

Tuskegee University is located in a very small town. Not much access to events outside of the campus unless you have transportation and even then you have to drive atleast 30-50 miles or more to participate in socio/cultural activities.

Tuskegee University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.