Tuskegee, AL
Tuskegee University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Tuskegee University

Cheryl

Tuskegee provided me with I consider to be a Nursing education that is second to none, the instructors truly cared about their students.

If I could go back in time and talk to my self as a high school senior, the first thing that I would say to my 17 year old self would be to enjoy the process. Don't be so quick to grow up-- you have the rest of your life to be an adult. Savor your youth, but use it wisely. Know that the decisions that you make now will have a great and lasting impact on your future. Being a high school senior is awesome and you have so many possibilites available to you. Take some time to decide what it is that you want to do with your life. Listen to your parents as they give you advise, but know that your parents can't and won't live your life for you. They can give you advise, but follow your gut instincts about what it is that you feel will make you happy and productive in the years to come. Afterall, a profession is often a lifetime decision and should be made with great care. Choosing your major in college is one of the most important decisions you will have to make in your young life.

Tuskegee University is located in a very small town. Not much access to events outside of the campus unless you have transportation and even then you have to drive atleast 30-50 miles or more to participate in socio/cultural activities.

Luke

After high school, I didn't go directly to college. In fact, it has been four years, and I have just now enrolled at Mount Vernon Nazarene University for this fall. Many people strongly advised me to go straight to college after graduation. I am certainly glad I didn't take that advice. I don't know what it would have been like to do so, but I do know that the lessons I've learned in the last four years have been the best I've learned in my whole life. They've been hard, but they've changed me into a person who is responsible, genuine, caring, hardworking, and patient. Or at least, I'm more like that than I was. Maybe I would've learned the same lessons in college, or maybe not. Either way, this difficult journey has been essential to my growth as a human being. So if I were to go back today and give my high school self some advice, I'd say, "Luke, follow your heart. Don't be afraid to do what you know is right. And when things are painful, know that they will get better. Go and live."

robert

Uplifting,focused,determinedand energized.

Uplifting,focused,determinedand energized.

If I would have the chance to go back and give myself advice, it would be simply put like this: No matter how hard things may get do not give up. If you feel your not doing good in a course do not hesisitate to ask for help.The resources are there if you do your research;Last but not least , A closed mouth will never get fed.

The mos fustrating thing about school is the process of becoming financially cleared.

raymond

My classmmates are very lively and full of excitment about being able to go to school for that he or she can have an successful future.

If i was able to go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior the advice i would give myself to remember three things. Those three things is to never forget why you are attending college, work hard, and to have fun. The reason I say to not forget the main reason why you are attending college because it is very easy to get off track if you are not discipline enough to keep yourself focus. My second reason is to work hard. The reason I say to work hard is because there are times when you as a student get tired of doing all the school work, but one must puch through and know that it is hard work. That is why I say work hard because is you are working hard then you have no room to complain. My last reason is to have fun. Many people froget that college is also a place where you as a student cant network and meet all types of people from diffrernt parts of the work. So take advantage of this opportunity to network with your peers. These are the three things I would have shared.

The most thing I brag about when I tell my friends about my school is how close my class is and how we are able to help each other when it is needed. We all are awear that there are different types of people that came from different places and not to bash ones backround, but endure it and try to learn from one another. This is what i tell people when i talk about my school.

Eric

Tuskegee is a Historically Black University that enbodies a rich history and strives to produce well educated men and women.

I want to stress the importance of choosing friends wisely. Often times the poeple we associate with will have an impact on our thoughts, actions and future. It is important to identify what your goals are and to contiue to reflect on what you want out of life. If the poeple you are associating do not have the same mindset, they could possibly cause you to go down the wrong path or become complacent. Also, I have learned that time management and studying is very key to success. Try to stick to a schedule so you stay on track. The last two things are to stay focused and build professional work experience. Focusing on your goals and objectives from college is very important. You life and success is determined by the choices you make so it is pivotal that you remain focused on your life plans. Last but not least, work experience. Seek internships even if they are not paid, in the long run you will gain invaluable experience. I hope you take this advice seriously and follow through with it; I truly believe if you do you will find much success in all your future endeavors.

I would recommend Tuskegee University for a young man or women who is seeking a school that offers a smaller class room size and allows the students to develop a great realtionship with professors and peers.

Tuskegee University is best known for its history and educating the students to become successful in life.

I would give myself advice on early preparation for college. I would tell myself to start early in seeking and applying for scholarships and to spend time studying for the SAT because your score can depend on the amount of scholarship money that you receive from an institution. I would have sought a long-term mentor in my field to keep in touch. Also, I would volunteer more time assisting in the hopital and doctor's office in which I did internships, to gain additional knowledge and experience. Also, start early visiting schools that you plan to submit applications. Prior to leaving for college, I would remind myself that I am investing in my future and that I have a goal and no one will stop me from obtaining that goal. Although I had good study habits, I would advise myself to devote a little time each day to study for my most difficult classes or to work on upcoming projects regardless of when the assignments are due. Take advantage of study groups and tutoring sessions. Make sure that I keep good notes from classes and labs.

Attending this University, you should be the kind of person that can balance your academics and extracurricular activites.

Tiffany

Be asserrtive about your classes, and be ready to change your study habits. Better words you need to gain some study habits. QUICK! Communication with upper classmen. They have been in those classes, and they can help you understand what there is to learn so that you can get A's.

The school spirt at games. They are always full of fun. Teacher - Student realationships. They are there for you to suceed and they want to help you get there. All you have to do is speak up.

What exactly I wanted to major in. I feel that I wasted a lot of time by not choosing a major sooner.

Lowrysha

Very focused on academics, and very social. A place quite different if you grew up in a city, but something you get use to. Its very humbling, and a great place for pre-experience to the real world.

I would tell my self to stay focued no matter what the cirrcumstances are at home, because I can't change them. Tutoring would not be an option to miss and going to class everyday wouldn't be either. I would talk to my teachers frequently, and instead of going to parties on the weekends I would spend that time going over the work that I have already done and look over the work that will be presented the next week. Applying for more scholarships would have been a major goal that I would pursue, and achieve. Also going to counseling would be a big help considering all the things that went on and would go on in my life during that time. My social life would be a lot less knowing that my studies are much more important and I would have plenty of time to hang out and relax with my friends. I would also have ran track the first year so I can get an athletic scholoarship, that have being my motivation to keep my grades up. Last I would have taking my first college summer to either go to summer school or get an internship.

I wish I would have known where I would be right now...at home sitting out a semester, working, paying out of pocket to get back in school. I would have been more focused on my studies and not focused on what was going on at home. Because no matter what was going on at home I was there in Alabama and my family was in Milwaukee. Through all the issues and problems, I still did and couldn't do nothing. In the end I messed my self up academically and financially. I would change me!!!

Jessimani

I wish I knew that the campus was huge and that it was over a mile to get to your classes.

A focused but yet party loving person should attend Tuskegee University, because TU is full of party's but you still have to be very focused to get by also.

Jordyn

I would prepare myself more. I would also become more independent on myself, and minimize asking from others so much. I would also start to develop stronger study habits, and time management. I would not worry about hanging out as much with friends because I've learned that could be a major distraction. I would also be a bit more organize with my work and papers

The history at Tuskegee University is the best thing at my school. Tuskegee University is a historically black college and was founded by poor ex-slaves. They had determination and goals to succeed and somehow educate themselves. To me to see the struggle they went through and all the hardwork they put into making the university what it is today, gives me hope to succeed. It also inspires me to push more towards my goals and overcome any obstacles I am faced with in life.

The worst thing at Tuskegee University is the residence halls. They are not in the best condition because Tuskegee believes in preserving the history of the dorms. They were built by the first students who attended Tuskegee. Today, most of them are falling apart, and they lack the standards that should be met for decent living conditions

Tuskegee University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.