Tuskegee, AL
Tuskegee University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Tuskegee University

My classmates are intelligent, hilarious, friendly, creative, independent, and eager to learn new things.

Knowing what I know now, I would tell my high school self to not panic and be nervous on the first day. Everything will be fine and work out in the end. I would also tell myself to voice my opinion more and to be more outgoing. The friends you will make will be life time friends and the network and connections that comes out of those friendships will always help you out in the end. I would tell myself to not lose who you really are. College might be big but stay true to yourself. I would say stay the same nerd you are because in college, everyone is a nerd and that's a good thing. Have fun but also make sure you continue studying and working hard. You are in college for a reason and that is to get your education. You will come across some obstacles but being the strong person you are, you will get through them with ease and come out stronger. The last words I would say to my younger self is to never give up. Perserverance and faith is key in college.

The worst thing at my school is the living situation. Some of the dorms or apartments are quite old because Tuskegee is a national historic site. Therefore, there are maintenance problems along with availability and affordabilty.

Alexander

The school I attend Tuskegee University is a phenominal, historical and most pleasant place to gather my education from.

There are many things that I have established while attending college. One thing that is very important to me is to not procrastinate. The many times in high school when you were able to hand in late work, there are no opportunities like that in college. So if I could go back in time and give advice to myself on the way to get ready for college I would encourage myself to not procrastinate. I would express to myself that only hard work gets you through big things and that is all college is about. The many things would be to make smart decisions and make sure you adapt to the way of college. The college life is way different from the high school experience in vast ways. The one thing that many think about college is the partying, drinking, and smoking that peer pressure leads you to. The main reason this is important is because you may think its honky dory to do so but it is not. This just leads to getting ejected from college and wasting your time and money. So the one major thing is really just make the right choices once you get in college.

The worst thing about my school would have to be the length of it, because I have to walk far away to get to class.

Chauqana

My educational experience has taught me the value of hard work and perseverance. I have learned the importance of active reading and searching for knowledge and truth beyond the classroom. My hunger and desire to explore the world to use my knowledge and skills to help others is exciting and overwhelming. It has been a privilege and honor to attend college in this day and age. I understand the importance and necessity of education, and I want to pass that on to others. Education has opened doors for me that no man can shut. I am truly proud to be a college graduate. As an alumnus of Tuskegee University, I have learned what it actually means to embrace who you are and where you come from. Prior to attending Tuskegee, I was ashamed of being an African American. In my heart, I fought the core belief that being black was a curse. Enrolling in courses like Africana Philosophy and African American Literature gave me a deeper love and appreciation for my people and the struggle we have gone through. Now, I can proudly say that I am honored to be an African American despite how I am portrayed in society.

I wish i had know more about the area surrounding Tuskegee's campus. Tuskegee is a very poor town, and there are not a lot of places to shop. There are a few, but the places that have a greater quality of food and products are located outside of the town. I also wish I would have connected with the alumni chapter of New York City to connect and ask questions prior to coming to Tuskegee. It would have been nice to connect with the alumni of Tuskegee from New York.

I believe a person who is open to different views, religions, and people should attend this school. Tuskegee is truly a dynamic school because it teaches you the importance of hardwork, perseverence, and knowing who you are and being aware of the world around you. A person who is bold, outgoing, and ready to learn should attend Tuskegee.

Iritisen

I have gotton three important things out of college. Independence, friendships, and hardships. My reason to move from a big city to the small town of tuskegee was very dramatic ! I had to adjust to not see bright city light, and not hearing a lot of noice, not have public transportation and just having to make the best living in the country. I learned how to be independent. I didnt have my parents naging me andd i had to do my chool work or get kicked out. I learned with friends from High school that their not all goign to be your friend when you go away and come bak for break. I learned that my closest friends i have found in college. Lastly the hardship i've had to go throught with grades, money, eating healthy , and learning how to be an adult was a wake up call! I belive that every high school senior should attend at least one year of post secondary learning ! College life will grow you ,make you cry, bring you closer to you books and be the BEST time of your life ! :)

I consider the best timg about my school is the farm. Since im an animal scinece major and i enjoy hands on activities with the farm animals. I've never had up close encounters with farm animals and thats what really has put an spark in my goal to become a Vet. I appericate that the farm is close to campus !:)

Its BEAUTIFUL ! The weather is wonderful . I campus life i s great. I met a lot of new friends around the world and most of them i can tell are going to be life long. I appericate the hands on help with my teachers. the dorm life is nice :)

Dillon

It is a test of ones knowledge but not as bad as I first tought it would be. However I only have been trough one semester and the real challenge has yet to come. I am ready for whatever they will throw at me.

Rebecca

If you had asked me this question a year ago, it is likely that I would have awkwardly said “yes, well, about that…” still in shock that I was able to even pass PSYCH 101… I got an A. I was a high school senior at the time who started fall quarter with low expectations of herself and high amounts of self-doubt. I took one class that quarter, just one! I did not think I would do well, but being put in the college setting with college-level standards gave me the motivation to work my butt off and wait patiently for the results, instead of slack off because I felt I would fail anyway. The experience of having such motivation has been highly valuable, considering the A I got in my very first college class showed me that I could do far beyond my expectations. Having met the high standards of my professor boosted my self-confidence, and my experience in just that one class still affects my attitude as I go through each course. In conclusion, I have developed higher expectations and lower amounts of self-doubt through college; this is valuable in my future education.

Danielle

I have learned that one the most important aspects of life is the end product. When people look at who you are they are seeing how you have presented yourself for that day. They do not see the time you spent preparing yourself for the day in the morning, they can only see what is in front of them. This is why appearance is very important in all setting. This is the same for the work you do. Future employers do not see how many hours you spent studying every night to get the degree you have. They can only see a piece of paper that tells them that you have received that degree. Some might find it unfair for someone to work hard but not be able to achieve the standard level. What this must be take in to consideration is that, if they let this hard working person who wanted to become a veterinarian work on this pet, they could harm it. Even though they work hard and are passionate about what they do, they are not qualified for the job. For this reason you most excel at your chosen career.

Some of the facilities and dorms on the campus are outdated. This is due to the school's foundation for tradition. Lots of the buildings are the original building that were built by students around the year of 1881 when the school was founded. These outdated have bad internet connection which is not good in current times were majority of communication is done using the internet. Also the equipment such as desks, need to be replaced. These renovations would give the school a better learning environment.

This school was designed for students who understand the importance of networking, and want to become skilled in their field of choice. Although my school is a historically black university, I would recommend any student that want to learn more about the African American heritage to attend. This school is rich in heritage because of its proud love of tradition. Also, most of the activities on campus involve forming families or bonds which makes for good networking in the future.

Jahvasha

Tuskegee University stands out to me the most because it's a Historically Black College/University (HBCU). I am culturally aware of my background and since Tuskegee University is a historic campus site, I learn something new about my campus just about everyday. Many successors attended TU and were very successful in life and are looked upon until this day. Tuskegee also consists of many students who has strong school pride which makes our school strong as a whole. Even though Tuskegee is looked upon as a very expensive school, the cost of education is priceless.

So far my college experience has shown me how to gain independence. College is all about networking and learning how to adapt to your surrounding and others as well. Adapting to college has shown me many different ways of being successful and as a college freshman I already feel as if im on the road to success. As a black African American women attending a Historically Black College/University (HBCU), seeing that many successors accomplished things motivates me and pushes me towards the right path. When attending college you are not always in a classroom environment learning things, I gain knowledge outside of the classroom and learn valuable facts about my school. Majority of my college experience has helped me out in my everyday life.

The worst thing about Tuskegee University is the area its located in, it doesn't allow me to maneuver around. Since Tuskegee is a private institute the tuition rises very often which makes it hard for students stay enrolled at Tuskegee University. With this being said this will leads to students transfering to another school. Transfering to another school can also lead to confusion because your not certain if all of your credits will transfer.

Jaren

What I have gotten the most out of my school is learning to work with different people who don't share the same views as you do, even if you are of the same color. I needed to learn how to better get along with them, even if they weren't my friends in order work on specific projects or research. I became a better people's person because of this. Another thing I've gotten out here is the preseverance. No matter how far behind the school is, we students have to work with each other and take whatever information there is available in order to accomplish our tasks. This way, me & my classmates can tackle anything in our way, and help us get ready for the real world.

The historical significance about it. Long ago the school was built by its very own students. It was a safe haven, for many decades, of African Americans who wanted higher education in the South. The school is also well know for their training of the military soldiers in the Air Force. Also, the famous Syphillis experiments were conducted at the former Andrew hospital, which was terminated back in the 1970s. Overall the school is little, but has deep American history.

Someone who is gay, a non-believer in God (well maybe), anti-Rap/Hip Hop, republican, or racist against African Americans. You will not be very liked here, unless you are tolerant of African-Americans and the culture at this school.

Deontay

College is a big step in one's life. It can be one of the most important step in your life that aids you in achieving the career of your choice. Thus far, I have gotten a lot out of my college experience. Besides the being more knowledgeable, college made me more mature, more focused, and pushed me to get things done and not procrastinate. College will change you. At first you may not notice it, but when you reevaluate yourself, you will see that the person that first can into college, is not that person now. College is a valuable choice in life if you stay on task and remember why you are there.

The word thing about my school is the condition of the dorms. I feel that out of all this money that us students are paying, Tuskegee should be able to renovate the dorm halls.

My school is known to be a very prestigous college. So I tend to brag and tell most of my friends about that. Also we have a rich history.

Tuskegee University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.