Tuskegee University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Tuskegee University

Logan

I have honestly enjoyed my time at this school. The classrooms can be small so you can get help from professors easily. The community of the students is great. There is a group for everyone. The history and tradition of the school is great and it makes me happy to be a student there.

Jaleah

I love Tuskegee University. The school has something to offer everyone. There are opportunities for growth in every aspect. As you matriculate through Tuskegee University you grow, you learn and you are ultimately cultivated to become a world leader and professional.

alonis

N/A

Luna

Its an awesome experience to attend this prestigious institution. its a walk through history everyday and the vibe is unbelievable. You have to make your own way on this campus. This is the perfect place to plant your roots and flourish into the individual who can make a difference.

lexi

i love Tuskegee even though we in the middle of nowhere and its hotter than the devil out here. Everyone is really nice we are truly a family. The cafe have its off days but its always something to eat. The Skegee struggle is real but its worth it in the long run. Everyone looks out for each other especially when it comes to making sure everyone gets the help they need to pass that exam. All night study groups because a class that studies together passes(maybe) together. You learn a lot living in the middle of nowhere. You will definitely know the struggle of not having a car but it is what you make it.

Ariel

I loved Tuskegee University. The main thing I loved about it was that everyone you met and came in contact with practically became your family. The class sizes are not big, which makes for a more personable learning experience. The professors were always willing to assist you even outside of their office hours. If you needed scholarships, my department was always there to help you find one or provide you with one if you proved to fit the requirements of the department scholarships. The football games are a "once in a lifetime" experience that everyone should attend, especially during homecoming. I will say, the location of the university is not preferable to most, as it is kind of in the "country" so to say, but none the less, that is what makes the school like one big family. There are also nearby cities to explore and enjoy like Auburn and Montgomery. I loved it!

Bismillah

Great

Jere

Its a good school but it needs to be renovated, most of the building are old and decrepit. The teachers are usually helpful (you have one or two rude professors,) but most look out for you. Tuskegee is a small elderly town so not much happens here, if you want fun or shopping you have to go to Auburn or Montgomery. It would be nice to have a Walmart and some other well know stores.

Mia

I honestly feel like this university is wonderful and that there are opportunities for each student who is here. However, knowing that the management is not up to par and that there are underlying issues at the moment, I would not suggest this campus to a friend unless they are here on scholarship.

Darrielle

Tuskegee is a great school that challenges students to be academically, and socially excellent. Although the school is not in an especially large or modern area, there's tons of room for growth in the city and the student body. I wouldn't choose to attend anywhere else, because my experience has been phenomenal.

Kendreanna

Tuskegee has a family environment, there's no way you can attend and not feel welcomed. Education is taken very seriously, but there are plenty of resources for aid. Tuskegee University is a great choice in bettering yourself in different areas of your life.

Kalenza

I absolutely love Tuskegee. You can party and drink all you want, but when it comes down to the academics... the teachers will not spare you. We’re big on our education and career options. However, I do wish we had better dorms on campus and better food. Off campus housing isn’t that bad, but we have nothing in our little town. It’s kind of like a ghost town and I feel as though, we need to give back more and use our voice to build our city into a loving and live college town.

Samaria

Truly the Pride of the Swift Growing South, as we say in our school song. Tuskegee University has not only instilled in me outstanding academics, but had indulged me in campus involvement and volunteer work. This campus that I have called my home since I set foot on campus has been a great experience for me. I love the safe friendly environment and the great help that is provided when need. I love my school and I couldn't have made a better choice to attend this HBCU! T-UUUUUUU YOU-KNOWWW

Ralph

I love tuskegee. it's the ideal school if you are seeking to live and learn about the HBCU life. great professors.

Nya

It has a great learning environment and provides care for all students. Thy care about every individual student academically, financially, and emotionally. There is always someone I can call when I need help or have an important question. Being a student at Tuskegee has been my best decision yet.

Chyna

This school has many up and many downs. I feel as though does has some work do with its campus such as the housing and cafeteria meals. Education here is very good. You will learn a lot. An amazing thing about this school is that there are many opportunities for you.

laverna

I am honored to attend this university which was founded by Booker T. Washington and where George Washington Carver taught. Tuskegee's reputation as a think tank for science, nursing, education and veterinary medicine is internationally known. My professors make the curriculum understandable and are available. The food is great. My dorm is old but well maintained. I can study there at night without noisy interruptions. Shopping is plentiful in Auburn which is just 15 minutes away. It feels like family.

Bianca

Tuskegee is very historical and a nice place to be . The students where very nice and they taught us more about what goes on there including the different types of ROTCs , nursing program how it’s very competitive and also the areospace science part was very amazing. Tuskegee is a beautiful school and also the history about the peanuts and how it was founded and who founded it was also interesting. My overall experience was great .

trenni

Tuskegee University is a wonderful school academically and the teachers there are extremely encouraging and helpful in many ways. We have numerous programs offered, and plenty of activities to do on campus throughout the year. We could use work on the facilities, campus food and some of the staff on campus. We need improvements for our school so the students can be the best that they can be in a comfortable environment. A few things around campus needs to be upgraded and fixed but overall I would give Tuskegee University a 7/10.

Bryceden

It’s been a good fit for me. Tough academics, great sports, Greek life and lots of University events. I’m very happy that I made the decision to attend Tuskegee University it has been a good learning experience . I have been very happy and will graduate in 2019.

Camryn

My HBCU is THE HBCU to be. Built on a solid foundation of legacy and prestige, anyone would be lucky to say they are a part of what we call the “Swift Growing South”. I take pride in knowing that my HBCU is the only HBCU with a vet school, just as much as I take pride of the young black students who built the campus from the ground up. I am a part of such a wonderful legacy and I thank God for giving me the opportunity to strive to become the successful black woman I know I’m destined to be with Tuskegee University guiding me along the way.

Makyah

Tuskegee Univerisity is a beautiful school that offers a mass potential and a mass selection of majors that help and individual become successful in life and help the students learn and thrive in their academic world. I feel that Tuskegee is a great school that can help me as an individual to grow and learn different types of HBCU lifestyles.

DeOndra

Tuskegee University dorms and facilities are not up to par but, the knowledge and information gained has changed students lives and prepared them for the future after college. Tuskegee University students start their own events throughout campus to make a better experience for students on and off campus. Attending Tuskegee is a privilege and will allow you to experience things you will not be able to experience at another college.

Orianna

Tuskegee University is a great school overall. The biggest concern of the staff at Tuskegee University is the students. Classes are ideally sized and the professors are there when they're needed. Tuskegee is in a close-knit community, with limited activities and establishments. In order to find recreational activities or go grocery shopping, students have to travel to Auburn, which is about 15 to 20 minutes away. Activities are always around campus. Students interact all of the time. Even though Tuskegee has its faults, you can never get a Tuskegee experience anywhere else but Tuskegee University.

Catelyn

Tuskegee University is a national historic site, and it has a lot of rich history. The name "Tuskegee" holds a lot of weight, and people, from the students, staff, and alumni, are so proud to be associated with this great name. With saying all of this, Tuskegee University has a lot of things that they need to work on, such as student resources, staffing, and maintenance.

Kerri

Tuskegee University is a amazing school. I wouldn't have picked any other school to go to. The atmosphere that you get when you are around everyone is amazing. You feel like you are apart of a family. The class sizes are small so there are multiple opportunities to get to know your professor and get one on one time with them as well. I couldn't see myself anywhere else.

Sade

My overall opinion of Tuskegee University is that it's an inviting HBCU with many opportunities to get involved while you learn and have fun. This southern, home-away-from-home, also known as the "the pride of the swift-growing South", definitely gives you the chance to find yourself during rigorous college life and coursework. Although its campus offers unmatched beauty, it's customer service to its students usually falls short. With it being a major portion of history and society, you'd think it will pride itself on service to its students. Overall, Tuskegee University does encompass great college life as well as challenging coursework to get the student toward their goal.

Lauryn

I enjoy the school and history that comes with the University. The University is very firm about academics and only want to see the best out of there students. But the school is very disorganized and at times administers do not like to do their jobs. Students are told to be adults but sadly we can not get anything done without our parents.

Deja

I love TU with every fiber of my being and I wouldn't have chosen another school to attend over this one. Being on this campus just feels like home and the people and students embrace you like family. The education is top notch amongst HBCU's and even regular colleges. Tuskegee breeds the best doctors, engineers, architects, and nurses. I think my school is the best in the land. No need to compete when none compare.

Ciara

I love Tuskegee University! There is fun people and a lot of opportunities that you can take advantage of on campus as well as off campus. If there is something that I don't understand or I feel uncomfortable with, I feel like I can talk to my fellow students about it. The academics program is spot on and the professors will help you and be there for you if you need them.

Kristian-Zani

Tuskegee University is a place of pure history and life lessons. As students, we grow and figure out who we are we walk the halls. W e become more appreciative and thankful for everything we are blessed to have and we take pride in the teachers, faculty, and staff that care for us. Tuskegee is a wonderful school, but just like any other Institution, College, or University, we do have things to work on and establish.

Charlee

Tuskegee is a great school that just need a little bit of help.

Alexis

A great school! Sometimes they'll try to swindle you, but only your time. Make sure to stay on top of them if you go to or plan to go to Tuskegee, this will definitely help you to deal with tough people in the future. Always a great time to be had and great school pride.

Kylie

An HBCU, let alone Tuskegee University isn’t the for the faint of heart, but it generally does build character. This school teaches you patience, how to be confident, knowing your worth, and how to go after your goals. I personally love Tuskegee because the people there make it worth while, we’re a melting pot of people and have backgrounds but we all seem to come around at the end of the day. Tuskegee University brings people together and we learn to love each other more and more each day.

Maya

Great school! Love the historical nature of the school.

Christopher

I love it here, the atmosphere is very much a family oriented one. We all know each other for the most part and are very friendly. We will help each other when needed, we are just one big family here at Tuskegee University. I am the man that I am today because of this great place. I was a very shy young man when I first came here, now, I am very open and I no longer am afraid to meet new people.

Quentin

A great school nothing can compare I will be praying that I can join the legacy soon

Shawn

I am very familiar with the campus and most of the people here. I mostly study, and help out with the community service committee to help out around campus. Its the type of school were you could keep to yourself for the majority of the time if your wanted to or go out to meet people. Due to the small amount enrolled so its easy to remember people and make friends. Would highly recommend bringing a car or making friends with someone that does, due to Tuskegee being a very rural area.

Tamar

Its a great place to go to learn and become one with your university and find your self. but you will be tested in a lot of ways whilst on campus. there are a lot of things to do it just doesn't seem that way. you have to take the time to look and adventure around the campus and the city surrounding. we walk through history all day everyday.

Tuskegee is a great school. Even though it is majority African-Americans, the school is filled with different cultures of the world. The teachers are very helpful who are willing to stay extra hours to help students. Tuskegee offers tutoring services for each subjects for students.

Destiny

I love my HBCU, it is a great place to be. Coming from a city and there being a lot of different things Tuskegee was a big change for me but I enjoy the atmosphere. It's very relaxing and enjoyable, there's a real family feeling at my HBCU.

lena

Tuskegee University is a great school with very intelligent, artistic, fun individuals who although know how to party, manage to get their work done and be part of the most successful students out there. I believe that that is something that sets us apart is that although you can find students smoking weed and drinking a lot, you also find that they are always in class and putting forth their best efforts and ending up being hired by the top companies. Tuskegee produces a whole new breed of person that I believe most companies spend a lot of time looking for. We are different from any other students that you can find anywhere else. We are what companies needs. Black, Educated, Well-Rounded individuals who offer the characteristics and leader ship skills all companies need, as well as the knowledge and work ethic to get things done. Coming from a freshman mechanical engineering major who landed an internship with Lockheed Martin, a company who many spend years trying to get into, that alone should speak for itself.

Kiah

I honestly love Tuskegee University. The feel of an historically black university is one that symbolizes family and union. Tuskegee holds such rich history between every building and every crevice of land. I would not dream of choosing any other university besides the illustrious Tuskegee University.

haneef

Tuskegee is an good school but but the dorms and food is not so quite. I love my college

Andrea

I have been enrolled at Tuskegee University for one academic year now and will be entering my sophomore year of college come fall 2018. I chose Tuskegee because my older sister was a student there and she just graduated in the class of 2018. My major is agribusiness and as many people know Tuskegee is a STEM and agriculture-based institution. Knowing this I made it my top choice because of the access to my sister, my major, and the overall view of the school. The student life and party life is very exciting, but it can also be distracting at times. There is a party almost every weekend and I had to sit out some so that I can get my work done. The academics are no joke at the school and the teachers will not hesitate to fail you if you do not complete their curriculum requirements. I know of many freshmen who are not returning because they did not take their first year seriously and like I said earlier if you don’t do the work it will reflect in your grades. However, if you know how to balance your social life and your schoolwork you will enjoy this school. Also, the Greek life is amazing just like at almost any HBCU institution. They also have plenty of events almost every week to get you involved. From clubs to seminars about student health and awareness and new events on campus it is a very close knit community and everybody are usually connected. I love my school and mostly everything about it. Of course, things could be improved like every school, but overall I am pleased with my experience.

Karmen

I love my school, we are kinda secluded but auburn is close and you can get everything you need or want there. I love the environment of my school and the people. Ive built alot of lifetime relationships. Ive also built realationships with my teachers which is extremely important too me.

Zakyia

Tuskegee is a great school . A very safe place to learn and have fun. The school is just like family. we all look out for each other. The professors are amazing . they are there for you when ever you need them . They really want you to be successful in life . I really truly love my school.

Kiana

I absolutely love my HBCU, it is filled with friendly students, staff, and locals. Being campus is like walking on history, you'll definitely feel like your among the greats. Football games are like a big family reunion and everyone is welcomed. Although I love my school, the overall school could be a little more organized.

Janan

a great HBCU!! I feel welcomed every time I step foot over there and their spirit of there campus and what they represent their academics have a wide range of many different things and can be whatever you want when you're there. the only thing is the cost. I come from a poor household and I want to be a vet and Tuskegee vet programs are one of the best vet programs in the United States.

shania

I love it. The school has many great opportunities that I'm looking forward to. The sports, the campus life, and the classroom programs is what I am have been searching for in a college. Visiting Tuskegee was a wonderful experience and has led me to believe that it is indeed the college for me.