Tuskegee University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Tuskegee University

shania

I love it. The school has many great opportunities that I'm looking forward to. The sports, the campus life, and the classroom programs is what I am have been searching for in a college. Visiting Tuskegee was a wonderful experience and has led me to believe that it is indeed the college for me.

Genelle

I’m from California and I have visited the Tuskegee campus 3 times this year,. Every time I visit I fall more in love with this campus and get more excited to be a student here. I recently went to the 2019 Homecoming game and it was such a great experience, everyone looks like they enjoy being on the campus. I hope to be apart of the Tuskegee family in Fall 2020.

Tyla

I love Tuskegee. The campus itself is beautiful, the people are friendly, the school spirit is amazing, the classes are challenging yet fun. I can definitely see myself at this school for the next four years and will recommend it to anyone looking into attending an HBCU.

Autumn

Tuskegee is an illustrious institution geared towards guaranteed to giving all its students the opportunity to learn and teach others as well as find a career in something that they’ll love. The faculty to student connections build lifelong networks that won’t be forgotten as well as help in the long run.

destiny

I love Tuskegee University with a passion, and I would not want to go anywhere else. I have had the opportunity to meet wonderful people at Tuskegee, and I would not know where I would be without any of these wonderful/ amazing people. I also had the chance to meet the person that I want to spend the rest of my life with at Tuskegee.

Ayanna

I feel that it is a place for people to come together and build with each other.

Amari

Tuskegee University is among one of the greatest HBCUs. There is so much rich history and culture behind it. Attending a university as illustrious as this one makes one want to learn about where they came from. The staff is so kind and welcoming. Tuskegee's professors are willing to work with their students during their office hours to discuss anything that might be of trouble. Our cafeteria workers work hard daily to provide tasty meals for us. My overall reason for attending is it has one of the best vet schools in Alabama, if not the world. I trust Tuskegee to work with me, to mold me, into one of the best veterinarians in the country. My first semester was wonderful. I met so many new people and embarked on a new journey. I am excited to see what the second semester, and beyond, will bring.

Charnikia

Tuskegee is a very competitive yet very academically successful school. I would recommend others to apply and attend. Tuskegee University provides a safe learning environment for anyone who is willing to be taught and able to grasp a concept. No college will give you your degree without working for it and that is what Tuskegee is known for; working their students until successful.

Raegan

Tuskegee University has the potential to be so much better than what it is. As the only Historically Black University that is a National Historic Landmark, they do not preserve or maintain the building in a way that is presentable to others. There are so many buildings on campus that are basically falling apart. Tuskegee University has tons of donors and money coming in for different locations, but you would never be able to tell because nothing is ever implemented. The student and alumni are constantly requesting changes to be done, but they are never. We never have a consistent President that will make changes that the students want. We don't ask for much. Tuskegee needs to improve its housing, food, and student centers for studying. If the school would take time to make a change, the school would be exceeding on so many levels.

shayla

Tuskegee is very welcoming . Their campus is very clean and organized which is why i love to visit here . i might just transfer here . they also allow you to be you . with this school being an HBCU I'm comfortable in my own skin because I'm around my own beautiful people.

Josie

Tuskegee University is such a historical site. The university has such wonderful staff. They make you feel like you belong there and they always strive to make sure that you not only are having a great time, but you are continuing to stay focused on your school work.

Jazmone

Tuskegee houses a lot of history. You should feel proud to be associated with this school. Though this HBCU is naturally predominantly black, there is much diversity in that “people from all across the country come to school in this small city in Alabama.” Most students here are “very outspoken and easy to work with” and “open to meeting and interacting with new people”; with students from all over the world, “the diverse environment helps keep the campus from getting too dull.”

Justin

I think Tuskegee is a great school! The faculty, staff and other students are all very caring and invested in each other's lives and success in the classroom and outside of the class room. I have gone there to visit several times while I was in high school and it was the great atmosphere that made me want to attend. I graduated from high school this past Tuesday night, 5/28/19, (Yahoo) and I would very much like to attend Tuskegee U. I have applied and been accepted. The only thing I don't like about Tuskegee is that it is a private university, so that means the tuition is VERY HIGH! So I will need all of the financial help I can get, to be able to attend. My GPA is really great (3.78 weighted, 3.26 unweighted) but I didn't do very well on the SAT. I got a 1070. And unfortunately to be eligible for most scholarships you have to have a high GPA and a high SAT score. So I'm thankful that scholarships like this one, don't rely solely on GPA and SAT scores. Thanks for considering me. Hope I will one of your scholarships!

Morgan

Tuskegee is a great school that strives to make sure that you have the best experience while you’re there. The professors make sure that you’re on top of your work and treat you like their own. The students at Tuskegee encouraging each other to do better and make sure that we all are on the right path towards success!

Celeste

its a good school but it could do some improvements especially it being a historically black college because it would needs more resources for students to be around. it is a greatly known college. it brings unity but it should bring even more unity by having more students.

Anika

I start in the Fall 2019. I like the campus and that it is a great HBCU. I am so looking forward to beginning my educational journey. I am glad it is one of the top colleges for veterinary school, and it is a great college for engineering majors. Although, I am going into nursing I feel that I would get a very good education and I would have the opportunity to study abroad. That is why I chose to attend Tuskegee University.

Camille

Tuskegee is a loving place where everyone is a family. Im glad I made the decision to attend and I will be happy here for the next 4 years of my life.

Danielle

Overall, Tuskegee University prepares you for the real world. You learn that you have to be self-motivated to succeed and nobody is going to hold your hand the rest of your life. While the food is nasty the teachers always push you to pass your limits and they are there to help you when you need it.

James

Tuskegee University is honestly an experience that is not meant for everyone. For those that do love their time there will say it is because it feels like home. The people you get to meet here are like no other and these are the people that will have you wishing you knew them your entire life. The academics at Tuskegee University can be a struggle at times, but the courses will prepare you life. There is almost always some sort of activity going on on the campus and there is something for everyone to enjoy.