Tyler, TX
Tyler Junior College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Tyler Junior College

Akolade

TYler Junior College academiscs

TYler Junior College academiscs

Oluwatosin

It should be an awesome experience,looks nice online hope it's better in person

It should be an awesome experience,looks nice online hope it's better in person

Bailey

Tyler Junior College is a great school to attend. The professors and students are all very welcoming and considerate. The school has a lot of supporters on-campus and off-camus. Not only are sports a big deal at Tyler Junior College, but the arts and academics are as well. Tuition and fees are very affordable compared to universities. Walking around campus feels safe because the campus police are always out patrolling. Overall, Tyler Junior College is an exceptional college to study at and be involved in.

Rose

Good opportunities and learning environment. I remember my first semester at TJC which took away the bad energy I felt. I loved all my professors and the dorm I lived on campus. The professors were reachable for me to ask questions and I felt very open to speak my opinion in some classes that felt like I belonged there. I was very happy to be able to succeed my first semester with a 4.0 and I continue to keep it stable till my graduation date. It was very helpful on many instances when I felt very thankful that I had lived on campus as I was in need to get some work done quickly. I also loved when Phi theta kappa had a community service work going on or any kind of activity. Overall, I loved the classes and opportunities that were available for students.

Marland

I think Tyler Junior College is overall a good school to attend. The campus is beautiful, they have this fountain with gold Doves and some days the waters be different colors depending on the occasion. They have a inside garden and nice garden outside, the campus is just wonderful. They cafeteria food is good, there is always a good variety of foods you can eat there. The library scenery is the nice, they have a second floor with tutors and a section for people to meet up and study or just a place to sit and be in peace. And on the first floor is where all the computers and books and Starbucks at. They also have Apple Computers that you can use. The library staff are very helpful people too. From my experience all of my professors are nice and very open and willing to help me , so I'm say most of the professors are good, professors. Most of the dorms are okay , my favorite dorms are the crossroads they are brand new and they have the best WiFi. The campus Chic-Fil-A and Subway are good and the workers are so friendly. The recreational gym has everything you can think of from basketball to dance rooms and swimming pools. Only bad thing about Tyler Junior College is it's surroundings to the city, everything is so far apart and if you don't have a car it is hard to get around because the bus stops running at 8 pm. Oh and TJC has two bus stops at the front of the school which is very convenient.

LaTonya

First, I would begin by telling myself about all the wonderful learning experiences I will have. I would tell of the people I would meet, the places I would go and the hoops I would jump through to get there. I would urge myself to strive to do my best and not be afraid to take “the road less traveled”. I would remind myself that there's not enough time in a day to do the things you would like to do and that often times your personal or social life will be put on hold. I would smile as I told myself that reading a text MESSAGE will be reduced to simply reading text. Through all of this, the days grow longer the nights grow shorter, probably because you are up through half of it studying for a test or two. I would tell myself to develop the skill of time management. I would tell myself that it would minimize the stress level and maximize the time you have outside of class. However, I would leave myself with a little encouragement.... reminding me that I CAN do anything I put my mind to. I am more than a conqueror.

The financial aid department needs to train the student employees better. The advisors will enroll you for classes you don't really need.

Ryneisha

Most of my classmates at Tyler Junior College are definitely up-tight. They don't really talk much and also when you try to to meet up with them for studying or just help in general in class they seem as tho they have better things to do than to be worried about a dumb freshman.

Honestly I would tell myself to work harder so than I could be able to get into a University instead of a Junior college. You know its bigger girl, and you know it would be tough but, you definitely should have thought it through before you only applied to one school. My biggest advice would be for you to go ahead and choose a University. Think about what you wanna major in some more before you just go undecided. Study harder for those SAT's before its too late and don't listen to what anybody else has to say because I know you can do it.

The worst thing about my school is the classroom settings. I understand its college but if you're a proffessor and you're trying to help teach PLEASE teach me in a correct manner than with a "I Don't Care" attitude. Some of the proffessors or rude which makes me uncomfortable in class because i am going to school to work on getting a degree not to be messing around.

Maxine

If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior in high school, from the very begnning of the year I would tell myself to sign up for college classes while in high school to get a few out of the way. I would tell myself that its not much different from high school and the transition is easy, and that you need to apply for every scholarship on gladewater highs website so you can help pay for school. you learn how to be so much more responisble for yourself and actually enjoy class because you spend less time there. I would tell myself that 8 a.m classes are not that bad, and neither are 8 pm classes. I would also want myself to know that life gets a little harder, and you meet people, and have temptions that make you want to quit, don't let those get to you, keep striving and never loose sight of why you are going to college.

The worst thing about the school is just that is that it is so huge, but it is not too bad.

The teachers are so nice, and really willing to help you at all cost and the class sizes are small. The student life is amazing and I have had the best time of my life at Tyler Junior College!

arieunte

Very friendly to there students and the teachers are very nice.

Very friendly to there students and the teachers are very nice.

Never give up on college becasue that can be your chance to change the world with your knowlegede. College has alot of people form different walks of life that can help you with your degree. College will gear you up with the skills and performace that you will need in the real world. Being able to complete college is a big gaol to accomplish and that it takes time but it will pay off.

Brandi

In high school I was not only involved in everything but also a leader of most of the programs. I was a top student academically so high school is a great memory for me. When graduation came all of my friends went straight out of high school to big time Universities and so my choice to attend a Junior college was something that embarrassed me. Going back and talking to my high school I would remind myself to be proud to be able to attend college and not be embarrassed. I would want to remind myself that a college education is something most people cannot receive for many reasons and that college is a place where you get to live your dreams and become all that you can and not live in the past but use the past to guide my future. Now I know it was the best decision I could have made to attend Tyler Junior College. It is a great school and is something I am now proud of. I will graduate in the spring with my Associates and will then move to a University to continue my education in becoming a Registered Dietitian.

The worst thing I would say is not having a real big push to be enviormentally freindly and more "green". Recycling is big in the offices on campus but the student body is really not involved and there are no major on campus things for the students.

I tell them mainly about how interesting and engaging my classes are. I enjoy the teachers I have and how they make learning interesting and fun. I also talk to my friends about how great is is to be able to work on campus so I am able to go to school when I am not in school I am able to work and save money.

Tyler Junior College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.