Tyler, TX
Tyler Junior College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Tyler Junior College

Telissa

I think Tyler college is best known for being a great starting school for kids that just graduatued high school. Also I think its good for adults that are going back to school. The classes are not that big so its not hard to ask questions and get help for the professors .

I would have took high school more serious not just my senior year. I would tell myself to pay more attention in classs. Do my homework, not sleep in class, and put more work into thinking about college. Applied to more colleges took some night classes or summer school to get ahead. Also i would of apply to more schlorships and thought more about what i wanted to do with my life. Took more people serious when they told me that college was harder than high school. That i couldnt slack off in class and still pass. But to get ahead finish my work before it was due and just put in hard work into my homework and got A's like i should've at the begining of high school.

A person thats not serious about school and getting a eduction right now. The professors are serious about the class time so they dont want students that dont want to be there wasting time.

My school is a great mix of people from all different backgrounds and ethnicities. There are a lot of students from the local area, but there are also a lot of students from different parts for the country, as well as the world. I love my school because it offers online courses, which is convenient for me, since I'm a single mom who does not have access to transportation.

Lauren.. You shoudn't graduate early. You should stay at Alba for your full senior year. You'll miss your friends and your family while you're away in Dallas for the two years you waste. College life is a lot harder when all of your friends have moved on and you don't know anybody who you're in class with. It's hard being a single, working mom AND going to school full-time. You'll be stressed out all the time, not only about school, but about everything else. You'll regret a lot if you graduate early. Just be patient.. graduation will be here before you know it.

There isn't really anything about my school that I don't enjoy.

Mariah

Tyler Junior College feels like a University.

Tyler Junior College feels like a University.

I would of told myself to search for scholarships and take every oppurtunity that came my way to make money. Saving money for school should have been my top priority. College is expensive. I always thought my parents had a secret stash set aside...reality hit when paying for college was in my hands.

A person not wanting to succeed.

D'Anna

I would give myself the advice to take school seriously. When first entering college I didn't realize the importance of studying every night, taking notes, going to class, and getting to bed on time. I had to learn the hard way (by getting a D and a few C's), that college isn't a joke and it takes dedication and hard work to succeed in life. If college was easy, everyone could do it. I'm glad I learned those lessons early, because my study habits have come in handy now!

The best thing about my school is the teachers. In my radiology program, the teachers are dedicated and will go to great lengths to help the students. They truly enjoy their job.

A person who is not serious about college shouldn't attend this school and definitely shouldn't apply for the radiology program. The program is hectic, time consuming, and stressful. You have to really be interested in the field when you get into it. It isn't for those who just want to "try something out".

My classmates have always been willing to help with understanding the material better, kind and friendly.

If I could go back in time I would have advised myself to not move out of my parents house so quickly. I jumped at the opportunity to move out and ended up getting my life and school grades off track for a while. Knowing what I know today about college and all the pressures and temptations there are, I would have told myself to take it so much more serious and that what I am studying will eventually be my career. I would have told myself to fill out as many scholarships as possible. College is not cheap. I would have told myself to choose my friends wisely and anyone willing to try and bring me down is not a friend. I would have advised myself to not have a boyfriend at that time and that church and my relationship with God should come before anything.

I wish I had known to take it more seriously. It took me a while to realize that being a nurse is not going to be just a job, but my career.

I would say: 'You already know what to do. You did it right the first time. If life in school were always about being ahead of the game and getting a head start on everything, you'd always be living ahead of yourself. And by the time you slow down, your going to regret not always living in the now. So only left to say is this: 'Breathe in slowly, nice and deep. Get to stuying, because soon you'll sleep. It's not always hard, so please don't weep. The crunch time's coming, bye bye sheep. Don't slack off, study a lot. Don't ever cheat, you'll get caught. Use the pricey stuff, that your parents bought. Go for the degree, which you always sought. If you need help, be sure to ask. Focus on your future, but don't forget your past. Meet new people, make friends that'll last. Most of all have fun, because it goes by fast!'

The best thing about my school has got to be the staff. Not only are there so many of them, but they all seem to be well educated beings, deserving of their positions. Also, all of my teachers always make an effort to 'be there' if you need help. All of them have office hours they stick to, and they are willing to meet you any time if you have an appointment.

I know that the worst thing about my school is that it still feels like high school. While it is difficult at times, as high school is, you don't feel like your going to a real college. Everything is still easy most of the time, as if every day were your first day of school, and your mom is walking with you to every class. In that, you never get the sense of liberation...or growing up.

Jerome

Meet with your counselor to discuss your college plans. Review your schedule with him or her to make sure you're enrolled in challenging classes that will help you prepare for college. Colleges prefer four years of English, history, math, science, and a foreign language. Use College Search to find out the required courses and tests of colleges that you might be interested in attending. Start a calendar with important dates and deadlines. Get more involved with your extracurricular activities. Go to college fairs in your area. Learn about CollegesLearn about college costs and how financial aid works. Use the College Savings Calculator to see how much money you'll need for college, whether you're on track to save enough, and what you need to do to reach your goal. Talk to your parents about financing college. Visit colleges while they're in session. Find out about college firsthand from college friends who are home for the holidays. Prepare for TestsTalk to your counselor and teachers about taking SAT Subject Tests? in your strong subjects this spring. Take Subject Tests such as World History, Biology E/M, and Chemistry while the material is still fresh in your mind.

The only thing I wish I wouldve known is how many lines you have to wait in.

The most frustrating thing about my school is is the small gym which we he have limited time and space to use.

Tayler

Tradition and great teachers! getting help from the teachers and staff is so easy and makes you really want to learn! They never leave you "in the dark". The tradition makes me more proud of the school because it makes me feel "at home" and comfortable with the other students and faculty.

Tayler, get yourself in the right study habits. Right now, as a senior, let's be honest, classes seem a bit easier than the other years so it makes you think you can slide right by. This isn't true for college, especially your first semester! Studying will really get you the great grades you want, and make you feel very accomplished. Start wanting to learn the subjects you're in. It makes school more fun and again, those grades will rise for this as well. Stop worrying about those kids that think they're so cool. All the studying you do won't take away from fun. In fact, you should leanr to balance them because when you get to college and you're the one doing great and those kids back in high school weren't, you'll be the one with the last laugh. Lastly, really strive to be the best.

Someone who wants to learn, work hard, and really have a great future should attend Tyler Junior College. Most students love it because it's the biggest junior college in texas, but at the same time, has a very home-like feel to it. students who want to learn great tradition and make great friends, and learn with their friends should definitely go here.

Wendy

TJC is an excellent community 2-year college for the high school student graduating to attend for transition into the collegiate world, as it provides a glimpse of all aspects of college life and enables students to transfer to 4-year universities with ease between semesters or after graduation.

Keep your future of college in mind during all choices you make in this final year of high school. Do not be distracted by lack of encouragement to pursue collegiate dreams and/or false implications of an alternate married life requiring no school attendance on your part. Education will lead you to a sound, stable future. It should be your focus in high school, especially during your senior year. Enjoy time with peers, but do not let it consume you. Remember that you are an intelligent, able student with great potential that will expand and lead you to better places.

The financial aid department should be expanded to alleviate some of the time-consuming tasks required of students for enrollment and/or registration. I have had to wait in line for a minimum of two hours to simply turn in some paperwork. Perhaps modifications to the order of lines, such as one line for simpler tasks and another for customer service of a more complex issue, could be made in order to better serve students during these processes. Furthermore, the hours of operation could be expanded for working students, so time off work does not have to be requested.

Abbey

Tyler Junior College is known for its athletic program. Many sports and clubs have placed high in regional and state competitions over the last several years. I also brag about the countless outlets of help and assistance offered. Everything from tutoring to free printing is extensively offered.

When I was a senior, I took college classes at the local Community College. Because I was working full time as well, I only took two classes. If I could return to that time and offer advice to myself, I would give high encouragement to take more classes and truly take advantage of a virtually free education. This would have aided in the transition, not only financially, but also the simple class room experience would have benefitted my success as a college student today. Also personally, I would highly advise spending much more time with my family. I am very far from home now and I know I took advantage of many days with my mom, dad and four siblings. If I knew how much my heart ached to be with them now, I would have spent more time realizing and acknowledging my many blessings.

There are many things I love about Tyler Junior College, but I do not appreciate the smoking and drugs everywhere I look, or the crass words uttered by the faculty. I understand that they believe they have freedom to say and do the things they wish, but to me it is not respectful or professional.

Tyler Junior College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.