Tyler, TX
Tyler Junior College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Tyler Junior College

Abbey

Tyler Junior College is known for its athletic program. Many sports and clubs have placed high in regional and state competitions over the last several years. I also brag about the countless outlets of help and assistance offered. Everything from tutoring to free printing is extensively offered.

When I was a senior, I took college classes at the local Community College. Because I was working full time as well, I only took two classes. If I could return to that time and offer advice to myself, I would give high encouragement to take more classes and truly take advantage of a virtually free education. This would have aided in the transition, not only financially, but also the simple class room experience would have benefitted my success as a college student today. Also personally, I would highly advise spending much more time with my family. I am very far from home now and I know I took advantage of many days with my mom, dad and four siblings. If I knew how much my heart ached to be with them now, I would have spent more time realizing and acknowledging my many blessings.

There are many things I love about Tyler Junior College, but I do not appreciate the smoking and drugs everywhere I look, or the crass words uttered by the faculty. I understand that they believe they have freedom to say and do the things they wish, but to me it is not respectful or professional.

Regina

TJC is known for great academics that provide a high quality education, good sports programs, small classes, easily transferrable course credits, great student involvement and it provides an awesome environment for all students.

What's unique about TJC is it is not overly crowded. Some schools just have too many students and so you do not get to know your professors too well, but at TJC the classes are small and so you can have a good relationship with your professors. This will allow you to not be afraid if you are needing help and if you don't understand the subject.

First off, I went to Baylor University right out of high school. I grew up in a little town of only 400 people, so moving up to Waco and going to such a large school proved to be a struggle for me. The classes were so packed and I didn't get the help I needed from my professors. Also, the campus was hard to navigate. At Tyler Junior College, things are much easier for me. It is much easier to get around campus, the classes are smaller, and I am not afraid to ask my professors for help. And best of all, the professors are not too busy to provide me with the help I need. It is just altogether a better experience. So if I could talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself to go to Tyler Junior College first so that I would have had a great first year experience, rather than having a horrible one that caused me to stay out of school for three years.

David

I would say you need to put a lot more effort in what you do. College life maybe a lot tougher than high school. I would be facing many new challenges once I get there. As they say, it is a whole different world from where I come from. My advice is that you need to know where you are going and where you are getting yourself into. You need to know what obstacles you will need to cross over in college. You need to choose your time, classes, materials, and destination wisely. But most of all, you need to when to say when and when not to go over the limit. Plan ahead, do your homework and research all your materials and sources before you make a final decision. Best of all be sucessful in what you do. Make all the best friends you can while your in college. When you choose classes, choose the ones you feel you can really work with and do not just choose for what you think is good. Always budget yourself and your time. Do not have too much fun and put off your study time. Always be prepared and be on time.

Jesse

Tyler Junior College is a great school to start out at and figure out what you want to do with your life.

If I could go back to high school as a senior, I would have explored my options more. I would have researched and talked to professionals. I did not even know that the profession I am pursuing existed! It takes experience to understand the need for finding a career that suits you. I knew I wanted to work outside I love technology. Only after being "out in the real world" for a few years did I discover a career path that would fit my life and that I would enjoy so much. If I could go back, I would encourage myself to get the core classes done and then take some time, maybe a year or two to find out what you love. That way, you would have your bases covered and then you can figure out what direction you want to go. It helps to start with college to aid in the transition and navigate all the new found freedoms and responsibility.

The most frustrating thing about my school is probably parking.

Jarah

High school and college are pretty different. In high school, things are more regulated and the teachers see you more often which means they can take their time explaining things and making sure everyone understands. In college, everything is more relaxed. The classes are for half the time as a high school class and the teachers run through the material at a rapid pace. If you don't read the chapters or miss one class, you can get way behind.

Randy

What makes this school unique is the quality of classes that are offered at the price and at the level they are taught. You truly have an opportunity to spring board yourself into a great major college by attending classes and applying yourself here.

1995....The year I would arrive and see myself, probably in Mr. Young's Physics class sitting in the back row sneaking some hot tamales candy, while getting ready to take one of his famous pop quizes with Mozart playing in the background. After the probable shock of my past self seeing me appear, I would commence to communicate without any other in the room aware of my presence. I could then inform the scrawny senior sitting in front of me, having his undivided attention, that he has a road in front of him that is going to have a fork in it once high school is finished. This fork, I will tell him, will have a attractive and wide path going to the left that most classmates will travel. This path will have lots of fun without lots of work. Then I will tell him of the path to the right, which is narrower and not as inviting. This path will require determination, committment, and perserverance. Those that take the path to the right will be the ones that become proffessionals in their careers. I will tell this senior to stay on the right path no matter how hard!

I believe that anyone who desires to take great college courses in an environment that has more personal interaction than most major universities would excell and truly enjoy this school. Those who are looking for the large college environment would not really find that here.

Jordan

There are varieties, naturally, but attending a junior college, the fraction of those who haven't grown up yet outweigh the professional seeking individuals.

College isn't all that it's cracked up to be. Don't try and cram all that you can in a small time frame. Living a little bit is okay, too, so make every experience count. Don't stress on the little details, and, of course, never give up. Times will be tough and managing money will become a major ordeal, but keep those you can trust close so that you don't fall back by yourself. You will notice a sense of freedom, just like you've always wanted, but don't be afraid, you'll be surprised how hard work pays off. You'll meet interesting people, including your professors. Some act tough and mean, but they aren't all that bad. Education is a choice you make, so keep your goals and future plans in mind. Growing up can be fun, I promise.

The staff are remarkably nice. I have never encountered an institution that was so cleverly put together with such good people with the best intentions of the students and making them feel welcomed and successful. This, of course, reflects hope on the students who may question hope in succeeding in getting an education or something more personal in their lives.

Ali

STUDY STUDY STUDY!!! Don't goof off and take pictures in class when your supposed to be doing classwork! College is not a walk in the park, so gear up and get to work. Also, all these "late nights" on facebook and myspace will have to stop, if you honestly think you can function through lectrure running on 3 1/2 hours of sleep, your only kidding yourself, or myself. And you will have to stop blowing your money on new clothes every 2 weeks. You'll understand the real value of a dollar when you don't have one at all! And last but not least, as much as you say your going to start studying and applying yourself, blah blah blah, your not. So why not start now, and get in the rutine of doing it, TRUST me, it makes things MUCH easier. Good Luck!

Well, as I'm sure many would say, the homework. Its not that bad, but who wants homework after you've been at school ALL day?? not me..

Its definately hard, but not as bad as people warned me. I think they do that to scare you into actually learning something in high school so you dont get to college and your like.. huh? 95% positive that's what it is.

crystal

My school is very changlleing and most things is doing it on your own whick makes you learn and understand the everything at the end of the year.

The advace i would give myself is not to get pregnet and get married frist. I would also tell myself to go to college and finish it before ever getting married and having kids. Anotherthing i would say is to take the harder classes frist and mix it up with the one that are not hard. I would also made sure all of my learning dissable pappers get to the college so i could go and have more help with the classes i don't understand. i have a very strong believe that if i had not had kids and got married i would not be so stressed out and worried about everything, like bill, passing school, taking care of the kids when they are sick.

Some teachers don't explain anything for you. The long labs without have a brake for 3 hrs. The way some teachers don't care if you fail or pass. I don't think that is right. i am there to learn and pay good money for these classes.

Lekesha

A great place to be with great opprotunites to advance in your college degree.

A great place to be with great opprotunites to advance in your college degree.

First and farmost I would begin by seeking through advisement on how to obtain college credits in high school and scholarships that follow a graduating senior and on coming freshmen to a college campus. I would everyday modivate myself and continue to remind myself that my education is an important asset to my future. During those last months of school as a senior I would try my best not to get too caught up in the mood and excitement about being a senior and graduation but work on enrollment in college. I would shift my excitement from the affairs of high schoolHowimportant it is to go to college and work hard on doing just that. College life brings about much responsibility and I would just prepare myself to say modivated and look at the long term goal that came for the sacrfice of going to college and getting a degree. Being young at this time and still wanting to experience life, I would keep the dream before me as I walk that stage with my head held high and my dream in my hand the degree that took years of my life to achieve.

Someone is no about acheiving your goal to what ever career your seeking to go into. Advisors modivate you help with direction in the field of study you wish to study. All around if your about getting the job done and have a great experience at the same time this is the school for you!

Tyler Junior College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.