Tyler, TX
Tyler Junior College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Tyler Junior College

Ryneisha

Most of my classmates at Tyler Junior College are definitely up-tight. They don't really talk much and also when you try to to meet up with them for studying or just help in general in class they seem as tho they have better things to do than to be worried about a dumb freshman.

Honestly I would tell myself to work harder so than I could be able to get into a University instead of a Junior college. You know its bigger girl, and you know it would be tough but, you definitely should have thought it through before you only applied to one school. My biggest advice would be for you to go ahead and choose a University. Think about what you wanna major in some more before you just go undecided. Study harder for those SAT's before its too late and don't listen to what anybody else has to say because I know you can do it.

The worst thing about my school is the classroom settings. I understand its college but if you're a proffessor and you're trying to help teach PLEASE teach me in a correct manner than with a "I Don't Care" attitude. Some of the proffessors or rude which makes me uncomfortable in class because i am going to school to work on getting a degree not to be messing around.

Maxine

If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior in high school, from the very begnning of the year I would tell myself to sign up for college classes while in high school to get a few out of the way. I would tell myself that its not much different from high school and the transition is easy, and that you need to apply for every scholarship on gladewater highs website so you can help pay for school. you learn how to be so much more responisble for yourself and actually enjoy class because you spend less time there. I would tell myself that 8 a.m classes are not that bad, and neither are 8 pm classes. I would also want myself to know that life gets a little harder, and you meet people, and have temptions that make you want to quit, don't let those get to you, keep striving and never loose sight of why you are going to college.

The worst thing about the school is just that is that it is so huge, but it is not too bad.

The teachers are so nice, and really willing to help you at all cost and the class sizes are small. The student life is amazing and I have had the best time of my life at Tyler Junior College!

arieunte

Very friendly to there students and the teachers are very nice.

Very friendly to there students and the teachers are very nice.

Never give up on college becasue that can be your chance to change the world with your knowlegede. College has alot of people form different walks of life that can help you with your degree. College will gear you up with the skills and performace that you will need in the real world. Being able to complete college is a big gaol to accomplish and that it takes time but it will pay off.

Brandi

In high school I was not only involved in everything but also a leader of most of the programs. I was a top student academically so high school is a great memory for me. When graduation came all of my friends went straight out of high school to big time Universities and so my choice to attend a Junior college was something that embarrassed me. Going back and talking to my high school I would remind myself to be proud to be able to attend college and not be embarrassed. I would want to remind myself that a college education is something most people cannot receive for many reasons and that college is a place where you get to live your dreams and become all that you can and not live in the past but use the past to guide my future. Now I know it was the best decision I could have made to attend Tyler Junior College. It is a great school and is something I am now proud of. I will graduate in the spring with my Associates and will then move to a University to continue my education in becoming a Registered Dietitian.

The worst thing I would say is not having a real big push to be enviormentally freindly and more "green". Recycling is big in the offices on campus but the student body is really not involved and there are no major on campus things for the students.

I tell them mainly about how interesting and engaging my classes are. I enjoy the teachers I have and how they make learning interesting and fun. I also talk to my friends about how great is is to be able to work on campus so I am able to go to school when I am not in school I am able to work and save money.

Garret

Tyler Jr. College is a small college that helps prepare students explore the career that best matches their interests. Attending a Jr. College has helped me in getting the basic academic subjects behind me while being able to work at a part time job. The teachers are willing to work with the students and having a smaller class enables me to get to know them better. Tyler Jr. College is a progressive school that is providing instruction to prepare students for the world of work.

If I were a high school senior again, I would put more emphasis on studying and time management skills. When I was in high school I did not have to study very much for many of my tests and would do well on them. Once I got to college and had exams, I had to put much more time into my preparation for the exam. This was a difficult adjustment for me because I was working at a job in the evenings as well. Now, I would take the exam more seriously and budget my time better so that I began working on the project or studying days in advance. Making good grades are important to me and I know that in college I must work harder in order to maintain a high average for the career area I want to pursue. I know that my teachers in high school tried to prepare me for college, but it had to be up to me to put forth the effort to do well. College has shown me that I have to put time and effort into my studies if I want to succeed as an engineer.

The best thing about attending this school is the cost. I am able to get the basic core classes behind me at a much more affordable cost than if I were attending a four year university. This helps me since I am on a limited budget. Another thing I like about Tyler Jr. College is the smaller classes. I am able to get more out of my classes because the instructor is able to relate to the students on a more personal basis. This helps in being able to ask questions if I do not understand a problem.

Telissa

I think Tyler college is best known for being a great starting school for kids that just graduatued high school. Also I think its good for adults that are going back to school. The classes are not that big so its not hard to ask questions and get help for the professors .

I would have took high school more serious not just my senior year. I would tell myself to pay more attention in classs. Do my homework, not sleep in class, and put more work into thinking about college. Applied to more colleges took some night classes or summer school to get ahead. Also i would of apply to more schlorships and thought more about what i wanted to do with my life. Took more people serious when they told me that college was harder than high school. That i couldnt slack off in class and still pass. But to get ahead finish my work before it was due and just put in hard work into my homework and got A's like i should've at the begining of high school.

A person thats not serious about school and getting a eduction right now. The professors are serious about the class time so they dont want students that dont want to be there wasting time.

My school is a great mix of people from all different backgrounds and ethnicities. There are a lot of students from the local area, but there are also a lot of students from different parts for the country, as well as the world. I love my school because it offers online courses, which is convenient for me, since I'm a single mom who does not have access to transportation.

Lauren.. You shoudn't graduate early. You should stay at Alba for your full senior year. You'll miss your friends and your family while you're away in Dallas for the two years you waste. College life is a lot harder when all of your friends have moved on and you don't know anybody who you're in class with. It's hard being a single, working mom AND going to school full-time. You'll be stressed out all the time, not only about school, but about everything else. You'll regret a lot if you graduate early. Just be patient.. graduation will be here before you know it.

There isn't really anything about my school that I don't enjoy.

Mariah

Tyler Junior College feels like a University.

Tyler Junior College feels like a University.

I would of told myself to search for scholarships and take every oppurtunity that came my way to make money. Saving money for school should have been my top priority. College is expensive. I always thought my parents had a secret stash set aside...reality hit when paying for college was in my hands.

A person not wanting to succeed.

D'Anna

I would give myself the advice to take school seriously. When first entering college I didn't realize the importance of studying every night, taking notes, going to class, and getting to bed on time. I had to learn the hard way (by getting a D and a few C's), that college isn't a joke and it takes dedication and hard work to succeed in life. If college was easy, everyone could do it. I'm glad I learned those lessons early, because my study habits have come in handy now!

The best thing about my school is the teachers. In my radiology program, the teachers are dedicated and will go to great lengths to help the students. They truly enjoy their job.

A person who is not serious about college shouldn't attend this school and definitely shouldn't apply for the radiology program. The program is hectic, time consuming, and stressful. You have to really be interested in the field when you get into it. It isn't for those who just want to "try something out".

My classmates have always been willing to help with understanding the material better, kind and friendly.

If I could go back in time I would have advised myself to not move out of my parents house so quickly. I jumped at the opportunity to move out and ended up getting my life and school grades off track for a while. Knowing what I know today about college and all the pressures and temptations there are, I would have told myself to take it so much more serious and that what I am studying will eventually be my career. I would have told myself to fill out as many scholarships as possible. College is not cheap. I would have told myself to choose my friends wisely and anyone willing to try and bring me down is not a friend. I would have advised myself to not have a boyfriend at that time and that church and my relationship with God should come before anything.

I wish I had known to take it more seriously. It took me a while to realize that being a nurse is not going to be just a job, but my career.

Tyler Junior College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.