Tyler, TX
Tyler Junior College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Tyler Junior College

Jerome

The only thing I wish I wouldve known is how many lines you have to wait in.

The only thing I wish I wouldve known is how many lines you have to wait in.

The most frustrating thing about my school is is the small gym which we he have limited time and space to use.

Meet with your counselor to discuss your college plans. Review your schedule with him or her to make sure you're enrolled in challenging classes that will help you prepare for college. Colleges prefer four years of English, history, math, science, and a foreign language. Use College Search to find out the required courses and tests of colleges that you might be interested in attending. Start a calendar with important dates and deadlines. Get more involved with your extracurricular activities. Go to college fairs in your area. Learn about CollegesLearn about college costs and how financial aid works. Use the College Savings Calculator to see how much money you'll need for college, whether you're on track to save enough, and what you need to do to reach your goal. Talk to your parents about financing college. Visit colleges while they're in session. Find out about college firsthand from college friends who are home for the holidays. Prepare for TestsTalk to your counselor and teachers about taking SAT Subject Tests? in your strong subjects this spring. Take Subject Tests such as World History, Biology E/M, and Chemistry while the material is still fresh in your mind.

Tayler

Tayler, get yourself in the right study habits. Right now, as a senior, let's be honest, classes seem a bit easier than the other years so it makes you think you can slide right by. This isn't true for college, especially your first semester! Studying will really get you the great grades you want, and make you feel very accomplished. Start wanting to learn the subjects you're in. It makes school more fun and again, those grades will rise for this as well. Stop worrying about those kids that think they're so cool. All the studying you do won't take away from fun. In fact, you should leanr to balance them because when you get to college and you're the one doing great and those kids back in high school weren't, you'll be the one with the last laugh. Lastly, really strive to be the best.

Someone who wants to learn, work hard, and really have a great future should attend Tyler Junior College. Most students love it because it's the biggest junior college in texas, but at the same time, has a very home-like feel to it. students who want to learn great tradition and make great friends, and learn with their friends should definitely go here.

Tradition and great teachers! getting help from the teachers and staff is so easy and makes you really want to learn! They never leave you "in the dark". The tradition makes me more proud of the school because it makes me feel "at home" and comfortable with the other students and faculty.

Wendy

Keep your future of college in mind during all choices you make in this final year of high school. Do not be distracted by lack of encouragement to pursue collegiate dreams and/or false implications of an alternate married life requiring no school attendance on your part. Education will lead you to a sound, stable future. It should be your focus in high school, especially during your senior year. Enjoy time with peers, but do not let it consume you. Remember that you are an intelligent, able student with great potential that will expand and lead you to better places.

The financial aid department should be expanded to alleviate some of the time-consuming tasks required of students for enrollment and/or registration. I have had to wait in line for a minimum of two hours to simply turn in some paperwork. Perhaps modifications to the order of lines, such as one line for simpler tasks and another for customer service of a more complex issue, could be made in order to better serve students during these processes. Furthermore, the hours of operation could be expanded for working students, so time off work does not have to be requested.

TJC is an excellent community 2-year college for the high school student graduating to attend for transition into the collegiate world, as it provides a glimpse of all aspects of college life and enables students to transfer to 4-year universities with ease between semesters or after graduation.

Abbey

Tyler Junior College is known for its athletic program. Many sports and clubs have placed high in regional and state competitions over the last several years. I also brag about the countless outlets of help and assistance offered. Everything from tutoring to free printing is extensively offered.

When I was a senior, I took college classes at the local Community College. Because I was working full time as well, I only took two classes. If I could return to that time and offer advice to myself, I would give high encouragement to take more classes and truly take advantage of a virtually free education. This would have aided in the transition, not only financially, but also the simple class room experience would have benefitted my success as a college student today. Also personally, I would highly advise spending much more time with my family. I am very far from home now and I know I took advantage of many days with my mom, dad and four siblings. If I knew how much my heart ached to be with them now, I would have spent more time realizing and acknowledging my many blessings.

There are many things I love about Tyler Junior College, but I do not appreciate the smoking and drugs everywhere I look, or the crass words uttered by the faculty. I understand that they believe they have freedom to say and do the things they wish, but to me it is not respectful or professional.

Regina

First off, I went to Baylor University right out of high school. I grew up in a little town of only 400 people, so moving up to Waco and going to such a large school proved to be a struggle for me. The classes were so packed and I didn't get the help I needed from my professors. Also, the campus was hard to navigate. At Tyler Junior College, things are much easier for me. It is much easier to get around campus, the classes are smaller, and I am not afraid to ask my professors for help. And best of all, the professors are not too busy to provide me with the help I need. It is just altogether a better experience. So if I could talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself to go to Tyler Junior College first so that I would have had a great first year experience, rather than having a horrible one that caused me to stay out of school for three years.

What's unique about TJC is it is not overly crowded. Some schools just have too many students and so you do not get to know your professors too well, but at TJC the classes are small and so you can have a good relationship with your professors. This will allow you to not be afraid if you are needing help and if you don't understand the subject.

TJC is known for great academics that provide a high quality education, good sports programs, small classes, easily transferrable course credits, great student involvement and it provides an awesome environment for all students.

David

I would say you need to put a lot more effort in what you do. College life maybe a lot tougher than high school. I would be facing many new challenges once I get there. As they say, it is a whole different world from where I come from. My advice is that you need to know where you are going and where you are getting yourself into. You need to know what obstacles you will need to cross over in college. You need to choose your time, classes, materials, and destination wisely. But most of all, you need to when to say when and when not to go over the limit. Plan ahead, do your homework and research all your materials and sources before you make a final decision. Best of all be sucessful in what you do. Make all the best friends you can while your in college. When you choose classes, choose the ones you feel you can really work with and do not just choose for what you think is good. Always budget yourself and your time. Do not have too much fun and put off your study time. Always be prepared and be on time.

Jesse

The most frustrating thing about my school is probably parking.

The most frustrating thing about my school is probably parking.

If I could go back to high school as a senior, I would have explored my options more. I would have researched and talked to professionals. I did not even know that the profession I am pursuing existed! It takes experience to understand the need for finding a career that suits you. I knew I wanted to work outside I love technology. Only after being "out in the real world" for a few years did I discover a career path that would fit my life and that I would enjoy so much. If I could go back, I would encourage myself to get the core classes done and then take some time, maybe a year or two to find out what you love. That way, you would have your bases covered and then you can figure out what direction you want to go. It helps to start with college to aid in the transition and navigate all the new found freedoms and responsibility.

Tyler Junior College is a great school to start out at and figure out what you want to do with your life.

Jarah

High school and college are pretty different. In high school, things are more regulated and the teachers see you more often which means they can take their time explaining things and making sure everyone understands. In college, everything is more relaxed. The classes are for half the time as a high school class and the teachers run through the material at a rapid pace. If you don't read the chapters or miss one class, you can get way behind.

Randy

What makes this school unique is the quality of classes that are offered at the price and at the level they are taught. You truly have an opportunity to spring board yourself into a great major college by attending classes and applying yourself here.

1995....The year I would arrive and see myself, probably in Mr. Young's Physics class sitting in the back row sneaking some hot tamales candy, while getting ready to take one of his famous pop quizes with Mozart playing in the background. After the probable shock of my past self seeing me appear, I would commence to communicate without any other in the room aware of my presence. I could then inform the scrawny senior sitting in front of me, having his undivided attention, that he has a road in front of him that is going to have a fork in it once high school is finished. This fork, I will tell him, will have a attractive and wide path going to the left that most classmates will travel. This path will have lots of fun without lots of work. Then I will tell him of the path to the right, which is narrower and not as inviting. This path will require determination, committment, and perserverance. Those that take the path to the right will be the ones that become proffessionals in their careers. I will tell this senior to stay on the right path no matter how hard!

I believe that anyone who desires to take great college courses in an environment that has more personal interaction than most major universities would excell and truly enjoy this school. Those who are looking for the large college environment would not really find that here.

Jordan

College isn't all that it's cracked up to be. Don't try and cram all that you can in a small time frame. Living a little bit is okay, too, so make every experience count. Don't stress on the little details, and, of course, never give up. Times will be tough and managing money will become a major ordeal, but keep those you can trust close so that you don't fall back by yourself. You will notice a sense of freedom, just like you've always wanted, but don't be afraid, you'll be surprised how hard work pays off. You'll meet interesting people, including your professors. Some act tough and mean, but they aren't all that bad. Education is a choice you make, so keep your goals and future plans in mind. Growing up can be fun, I promise.

The staff are remarkably nice. I have never encountered an institution that was so cleverly put together with such good people with the best intentions of the students and making them feel welcomed and successful. This, of course, reflects hope on the students who may question hope in succeeding in getting an education or something more personal in their lives.

There are varieties, naturally, but attending a junior college, the fraction of those who haven't grown up yet outweigh the professional seeking individuals.

Tyler Junior College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.