Tyler Junior College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Tyler Junior College

Madison

I think Tyler Junior College is a great choice for furthering your education. I chose TJC because it is local and gives me the chance to take quality classes at an affordable cost. Another great thing about TJC is that all the professors I've had here are so kind and really do care about you and want to help in any way they can.

Tommy

I absolutely love TJC, because of my financial situation I chose to go to TJC. After visiting the campus and meeting people around the city, I knew this was going to be the college I was going to go to. I have been at TJC for a year now but with taking summer classes and classes in high school I will be graduating this fall. I'm looking to transferring out to a University after this fall semester, I have been looking into the University of Oklahoma. Honestly I would recommended this college to anybody, it has to be one of the best Junior colleges around with the extra curricular activities and the campus life.

Ryan

Tyler Junior College is an amazing school. Student life is awesome and the teachers are so caring. the work is sometimes difficult though, but being a junior college it certainly feels like a fabulous university. The sporting events are very awesome. Everyone is so pumped up. It makes a great atmostphere.

Sydney

Tyler Junior College has proven to be much more academically challenging than I had originally perceived it to be. I greatly enjoy the many courses they have to offer. In accordance to my area of study, I have experienced some of the most intriguing conversations that I’ve ever been subjected to. The student life may not be as exciting as a university enables. However, there is an obvious effort being made by the faculty to provide us with more opportunity to interact. I am apart of the honors program at TJC. Basically the school has provided me with a scholarship that covers all of my tuition. I am only required to pay for books. This has been an enormous blessing. I have been able to enroll in as many courses that I want without having to worry about cost. After graduating high school, I had no idea what I planned to study in college. The Presidential Honors Scholarship has provided me the opportunity to explore different courses in order to find what I am truly passionate about. The advisors through this program have also been a tremendous help. The faculty is truly there to make a difference and provide assistance to their students. Overall, Tyler Junior College is a wonderful place to start the journey towards a college education.

corneasia

I would have to say that TJC isn't a bad college at all,I honestly would want to live off campus in my opinion because of the pricing but I can't afford to because of transportation. I would recommend anyone to go to TJC, it's not anything wrong with them to be honest and there are a lot of fun activities they do often on campus, recently there was an Egg hunt for not only college students but people with kids we're able to come out and have fun in the bouncy houses! I love there theater department, with me working there for work study it's an awesome experience and there plays are amazing. There are so many creative students and great actors, TJC also have a tutoring center which I love, I'm occasionally there just to study and get extra help. TJC isn't so bad for a junior college.

David

Tyler Junior college is key to a better life. With friendly staff and counselors dedicated to make sure every student coming in, gets a better chance to be part of a growing culture community. with more than 120 different degrees and certificates and professors and instructors available to help out. Its a great school to attend as an alternative from a major university or just simply to receive a small but intriguing education.

BRYAN

Tyler Junior College is a fairly large community college that is only getting larger. Many of its academic programs are truly getting off the ground. I am interested in working in film and television production, and the school and the city of Tyler have presented many wonderful opportunities for my career choice. I work with the school's student media. Very recently, they implemented a television broadcast that airs on Facebook Live. I am grateful for being a member of the broadcast team, serving as both a student and an innovator of the program. It is not a perfect school, but I'm glad I am getting my career launched here than somewhere else.

It is a very nice campus filled with student life. There are many junior colleges that claim to offer a great education at a budget but this is a place where you feel like you are getting a university education at a junior college price. It was a great way to begin my college education and will always be thankful for the teachers and learning experiences I have received at Tyler Junior College.

Marland

I think Tyler Junior College is overall a good school to attend. The campus is beautiful, they have this fountain with gold Doves and some days the waters be different colors depending on the occasion. They have a inside garden and nice garden outside, the campus is just wonderful. They cafeteria food is good, there is always a good variety of foods you can eat there. The library scenery is the nice, they have a second floor with tutors and a section for people to meet up and study or just a place to sit and be in peace. And on the first floor is where all the computers and books and Starbucks at. They also have Apple Computers that you can use. The library staff are very helpful people too. From my experience all of my professors are nice and very open and willing to help me , so I'm say most of the professors are good, professors. Most of the dorms are okay , my favorite dorms are the crossroads they are brand new and they have the best WiFi. The campus Chic-Fil-A and Subway are good and the workers are so friendly. The recreational gym has everything you can think of from basketball to dance rooms and swimming pools. Only bad thing about Tyler Junior College is it's surroundings to the city, everything is so far apart and if you don't have a car it is hard to get around because the bus stops running at 8 pm. Oh and TJC has two bus stops at the front of the school which is very convenient.

chassity

I've enjoyed my first year at Tyler Junior College. The staff are very welcoming and makes sure you're happy before leaving their care. The students are nice; therefore, you won't have to worry about not making friends or being afraid to ask questions about the campus. Speaking of the campus, it's big for a community college but its beautiful. The school has a a lot of spirit which means there's always activities' on campus so you can be involved. I would recommend this college to my friends who are unsure about attending school. This school provides the experience of being at a university, but it's cheaper, the teachers are always available and can work around you.

aracely

great school full of great people and a peaceful environment I see myself coming to this college because its close to home and has a sonography program that im very interested in as well as the activities the college has to offer

Akolade

TYler Junior College academiscs

terry

I LOVE IT. THE STAFF IS VERY HELPFUL. DEFINITELY FIRST PICK FOR GOING BACK TO SCHOOL, FRESH OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL. THE STUDENTS THAT ARE YOUNGER THAN YOU ARE EVEN HELPFUL. THEY DON'T HAVE TO BE BUT THEY ARE. THE LOCATION IS GREAT. ALSO THE ONLINE CLASSES ARE EASILY ACCESSIBLE.

Kristina

I am extremely glad that I decided to attend TJC. I always recommend the college to people because it is affordable. Also, TJC prepares you for a bigger university especially if you plan on eventually receiving your bachelor's. TJC changed me and molded me into a better person. The professor challenged me everyday. The Honors Program is awesome, the PTK program is very beneficial and I made lasting friendships with people that have pushed me to be better than I was yesterday.

Sydney

It is a great campus. It provides a very relaxing and enjoyable atmosphere. The Professors are very accommodating and understanding of the students and their situations. The college is inexpensive and caters to those who struggle financially. My overall experience here has been great.

Heather

It is a great school, and I have enjoyed all of my professors. I have even enjoyed a few of the summer courses. The Science Labs are amazing, and the tutoring center is great at being available for any subject. TJC also has several on-campus restaurants and entertainment going on all semester.

Cameron

I believe Tyler Junior College is a perfect start for me as I persue my two year degree. Which will help guide me as I tranfer into a University ready to obtain my four year degree! This school will help me become accustomed to veing around different varieties of people and to consume multiple learning opportunities. Whether in class, on campus, or even outside of campus!

Rose

Good opportunities and learning environment. I remember my first semester at TJC which took away the bad energy I felt. I loved all my professors and the dorm I lived on campus. The professors were reachable for me to ask questions and I felt very open to speak my opinion in some classes that felt like I belonged there. I was very happy to be able to succeed my first semester with a 4.0 and I continue to keep it stable till my graduation date. It was very helpful on many instances when I felt very thankful that I had lived on campus as I was in need to get some work done quickly. I also loved when Phi theta kappa had a community service work going on or any kind of activity. Overall, I loved the classes and opportunities that were available for students.

Cailin

Honestly I really do like it. It is small but not to small. The classes have a nice amount of students in them so you don't get lost in a sea of student and the courses can be more personalized. I would recommend it to people to get their associates from so that way they can save some money for when they need it for the bigger degrees and classes that you cant take at TJC

Natalie

Tyler Junior College is a great place to get your basic core curriculum done, especially if you're planning to attend a university. The advisers and other staff are always very helpful and are nice. The food on campus is pretty good as well, and the facilities are generally clean.

Maya

My decision to attend Tyler Junior College was swift; I did not have other schools in mind. Before I even visited the campus I knew I would be attending in the fall. Not a day goes by that I regret this choice. I have made life long friends and gained unforgettable memories in the short I have been here.

Lee

It's good college to start off at. If you don't know much about the college life. TJC is a great place to learn. And its a cheap place to get your main courses that any major college will require. It is a bit biased, but if you look hard enough you will find a group to fit in with. And if you want a teacher that can really help you out take a class with Ryan Button. But overall It's a pretty good college for its size. And a great base for those seeking a greater education.

Oluwatosin

It should be an awesome experience,looks nice online hope it's better in person

Chandler

TJC is a super nice campus with lots of amenities. Its very easy to learn your way around campus and its such a tight knit community. Overall TJC has many good academic programs as well as extracurricular programs making it a good place to start off or a good place to get a 4 year degree.

Colin

I love my school mainly for our amazing Theatre department. I chose this school for that purpose, because I love being in the world of Theatre. Theatre is my life and I want to continue to pursue this carrier in some way! I have been very blessed to have been given the opportunity to be involved and loved in this department.

Presley

I believe that Tyler Junior College was a great choice for me and I am glad I chose it. Not only is it somewhere affordable, but also a great campus for all people. There are so many options in what you want to do and can find. Another great thing about the campus is that if you have any questions about financial aid or just anything in particular more than likely anyone you ask will have no problem answering and helping you out. If they don't know they will find someone who knows, and wont hesitate with helping with what needs to be done.

Juwan

It is a great school in my opinion. I really am ready to start my fall semester off at TJC. It is also granting my great opportunities to become a Traveling LPN Nurse. I’m only going to college for 24-32 months, and the program I plan to proceed in is very good. It is very helpful in helping you become what you what to be, and follow your dreams.

I love everything it has to offer. The student body reaches out to help their peers in almost every aspect. The professors make sure the students know when it is the best time to get a hold of them for help. All-in-all, I love it and would totally recommend to upcoming college freshman.

Bailey

Tyler Junior College is a great school to attend. The professors and students are all very welcoming and considerate. The school has a lot of supporters on-campus and off-camus. Not only are sports a big deal at Tyler Junior College, but the arts and academics are as well. Tuition and fees are very affordable compared to universities. Walking around campus feels safe because the campus police are always out patrolling. Overall, Tyler Junior College is an exceptional college to study at and be involved in.

Karina

I have had a great experience at Tyler Junior College. I am part of the honors program here, and I have been very impressed! As junior colleges go, it's definitely one of the best. The campus is well tended to, and student life hosts a variety of fun activities. It is an inexpensive option for those looking to have a quality college experience!

Jamie

Tyler Junior College has been a great stepping stone for starting college and moving onto a University in the future. They offer a great transfer program with the University of Texas at Tyler. The professors have regularly scheduled office hours and can often time be reached by e-mail as well. I recommend Tyler Junior College to anyone returning to school or is nervous about attended college!

Martin

Tyler Junior College is a wonderful place to start off to get acclimated to college-level coursework and experiences. The facilities will offer whatever you may need and parking is not too difficult to find if you leave home early to get to class with a few minutes to spare. Additionally, there are several organizations that will give rich experiences, such as the green committee or the Hispanic student organization. With the cheap cost of living in Tyler, college can be very affordable if you are willing to part with some work hours and go part-time while saving for full-time expenses.

Tingkai

My overall opinion of Tyler Junior College is, this school has excellent housing options and great pricing choices. The academic quality of this scholl is excellent and awesome, and it is already way beyond a junior college. All faculty and staff members are friendly and they provide good customer services. I recommend this school!

Natalie

The college can be a little unorganized. The classes are perfect for size. The teachers are for the most part helpful. Very specific questions need to be asked when talking to the advising department in order to get all the information needed, questions may need to be asked a second time to double check the answer.

Pamela

It's a pretty good school for a junior college. It has more on campus housing and sports than others. Classes are a recents size and most professors are very helpful. There are a lot of majors and programs to choose from. A good place to start you college experience.

Hallee

great school.

Clayton

Tyler Junior College was a great college for me to take dual credit courses, but it is definitely not a college I would want to stay at. It is a two year college so that is why I am moving on to a four year college to continue my education. Most of the teachers that I had were very helpful and very fun to be around and get to know. There was only two or three in my two years at Tyler Junior College who were not that great.

Amymarie

I enjoy Tyler Junior College. There are people everywhere to help with any problem. The professors are thorough and well-educated and the classwork is effort- driven. The atmosphere is good for learning and the other students are kind and intelligent. I feel safe on campus; the campus police are very friendly and keep the campus secure.Overall, I am extremely satisfied with my experience at Tyler Junior College.

Autumn

Tyler Junior College is the best decision I have ever made. Coming from a fairly small high school, I thought it would be in my best interest to start my collegiate academic career at a junior college. The academics are a top priority here at TJC and the campus and student life is equally as superior. I have so many memories from TJC that will most definitely last a lifetime.

Shirley

This campus is in the middle of Tyler. There are a lot of activities on and off campus. Class sizes are small and the professors are very helpful. TJC offers a lot of associate degrees and it a great school to get your basic and then transfer to a university.

gracie

Very beautiful campus and friendly people. The campus is big but not to big, that student to teacher ratio is almost perfect. They have a lot of different activities and a lot of degrees to choose from. The on campus housing is nice and has a lot of accommodations.

My last 2 years here have been amazing! My advice: GO TO A JUNIOR COLLEGE! You should not feel ashamed of going to a junior college first. Being here, has really helped me academically and I am so thankful for TJC. Be sure to get involved, whether its in the fine arts, athletics, or any of the other organizations. There is always something to be apart of on campus!

Layne

It is great school and I'm so proud to accept to be a apache family member. It's honestly way above and beyond most junior colleges. after visting it once I knew it was the college for me. the people where extremely nice and helpful. The admissions office laid out everything I need and showed me my college plans and what need to follow my dreams.

Payton

I will be attending Tyler Junior College in Tyler. TX this fall and I recently went to visit the campus with my parents. I fell in love with the campus and the people there. Everyone is overly nice and care about your needs. I know for sure that I am going to love it and I encourage anybody else to go there as well.

Gracie

I think this is a great school, with great people and great opportunities. I think this would be a perfect place for me to go to college for nursing. They have an amazing nursing program that I would love to be a part of. My aunt went to tjc and loved it.

Victoria

I have had good experiences at Tyler Junior College and am enjoying my time here. I especially like the teachers I have had, because they make the subjects enjoyable and easy to learn. The teachers I have had are accessible and helpful. It is also affordable which makes it easier to attend

Meredith

I think it is a great place to learn. They have a lot to offer. There are sports programs, art programs, and plenty of academic programs to choose from. They also are really good about helping you afford to go to college. Most of the teachers are committed to helping you learn.

Kenahdi

It is such a beautiful campus and everyone is involved in extra curricular activities and are very positive! They always have fun activities for kids to get ready for exams

Carrissa

I believe that it is a great school to help you get a start into whatever career you may chose to do. Like any school there are some problems, though if you are looking for affordable classes and a place to start figuring out what exactly you want to do it is a wonderful choice. If you do a little research you are able cable of find great teachers that love their job and truly want to see their students exceed.

Isabella

Tyler Junior College is located in Tyler, Texas. Both the campus and the surrounding area are beautiful. The town is fairly small which is nice, because there's little traffic and its quiet most of the time. The only part of town that seems to have traffic, however, is on campus. There is simply not enough parking on campus for faculty or students. The on campus living isn't great either. There always seems to be people yelling or playing loud music in the dorms late at night and hardly anything is ever done about it. Besides the parking and dorms though, the school is great. All of the professors care about their students, and with smaller class sizes, they're actually able to form connections with their students. They're always available and willing to help. The courses are easy and the work is a mandible amount. For the price, I think it's a great school.