Umpqua Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Umpqua Community College

Ciara

The school is small. It has a beautiful campus but the academics are very poor. The people who work there some are nice but most higher positioned people are rude. Students are limited on space indoors for winter months. The school food is very poor and the class schedule options are poor.

Autumn

I think that UCC Is a great community college that really believes in their students and does their best to set them up for success. The staff is very friendly and makes sure you know what you need to, and is always there to help. They do a great of keeping the campus neat and looking good, they really put a lot of effort into what they do.

Summer

I really like UCC, I have lived in Roseburg my entire life and have always felt a type of community (no pun intended) from the college. I love going here, I feel like everyone is so helpful and the teachers are great too! They're all so willing to help and love teaching.

I believe it is a good college with lots of friendly people and classes that provide majors and education people and students need. I think people who live in Roseburg or close to the College would go here to have and feel that homey feeling. Overall it's a great school.

brenden

UCC is a great place to be you can always get help for anything you need. If you need help with a class you can go to the student center and ask a peer, or you can email a instructor to set up a time for help. If you need a friend you can visit the student center to talk while you work on school. Every one at UCC is pretty sociable

Teala

There's plenty of resources, but if you don't know your way around, or know about all of them, it can be a bit confusing and hard to get to. Not everyone communicates to necessary parties, but they try their best. On the upside of things, everyones really nice and friendly, plus diverse and accepting of who you are and what your background is. they try their best and thats the important thing.

devan

The main thing I don't like is the drive, it takes me 40 minutes to get there, other than that it's great. The class size is very small, 15-20 students max and the professors are very approachable and helpful. They keep scheduled office hours and are always willing to help. The food is good as well.

Katy

I have been attending this school for three years and I am graduating in two weeks. My first year and a half was pretty good. I was very involved on campus with clubs and student life, but when I started getting involved I learned more and more about the college and became unhappy. They really don't care about their students even though they say they do. In some departments you can tell students are not on high priority, but in other departments students are put on high priority. Many instructors are teaching out of date material along with instructor getting so far into their careers that they don't care. Over all I am glad to be graduating so I can move on to a better school.

Krystal

Given the atmosphere, the students and the staff make the experience memorable. We are a campus who thrives on teamwork with any events going on; we love to get the word out any way we can. There was however a school shooting on campus and I know that it has effected a lot of people and since then they have had more security and safety protocol. It has always been a great campus either way.

Snowy

Umpqua Community College has really improved a lot of things since the shooting that happened on campus. Since that happened less than 2 years ago, there have been a lot more security officers patrolling the campus and a lot more support groups have been established. The building that the shooting happened in is now being turned into a memorial for the ones who lost their lives.

Dallas

My overall opinion is, Umpqua Community College (UCC) is the place to be. The campus has facilities that are up to date and able to give me an education that helps in my current field. The staff all care, my first term at UCC I was welcomed to visit my teachers and I did, and they were more than helpful. Some teachers have even fed me. The campus is very beautiful and is vibrant with students all over the place sitting at lunch tables when it isn't raining. Overall you should keep Umpqua Community College in mind

Ravinder

Umpqua Community College is a place where you get the opportunity to know who you are as a person and discover what you want to do in life that interesting to you. Umpqua Community College provides many opportunities for kids to learn and provides many scholarships and financial aid for those who need it. This is my opinion about Umpqua Community College.

Quaid

Umpqua community college is a good beginning college. It has a solid education and friendly students. The professors are always ready to help, and often go out of their way to help you from falling behind. The facilities are acceptable, not too fancy, but always clean.

travis

Most beautiful campus in world, great instructors', best experience, I love it. I love the price and would recommend this college to anyone. The best part is the Umpqua River in the background makes you feel safe and want to learn. I will miss this school when I transfer but I will always call it home.

Michel

Umpqua Community College is an amazing place with a very small town feel. The class sizes are fairly small, so the professors know everyone by name and are always willing to help you or answer questions after class. Umpqua places a high value on athletics and they are working hard to improve both their facilities and programs. The athletic community is very strong and supper supportive of one anther. The atmosphere has always been warm and welcoming and the campus is beautiful. I would recommend Umpqua to anyone.

Houston

Really beautiful campus. Lots of great professors who are knowledgeable, helpful, and care about the students succeeding. Students can be friendly. Parking is not the greatest. Financial aid people are very friendly and helpful. All around great school, easy to get a degree.