Lincoln, NE
Union College-Lincoln

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Union College-Lincoln

Rebecca

If I was able to go back in time to talk to myself when I was in high school I would tell myself that I need to practice on studying a bit more and try to get great grades. It would be my freshmen year in high school, because I know I did not do all that well. I would also tell myself that I need to practice writting more, because over the next couple of years I would have a lot of homework that deals with essays. I would also try to practice reading over everything that I write and fix what needs to be fix. I would also work harder on getting my lisence and not let my parents tell me that it is not important to have. Even if I did not have a car to drive to start will, I can at least have my lisence and work on getting a car.

Union does a great job of bringing people in, but it can loose people because of stupid little things that a teacher would do. I almost left Union because a teacher told me that I would not make a good teacher. When I asked him why, he said it was how I present myself when I stand up front and teach. The next class I had from him I showed him that I can be a great teacher.

I really loved Union College. It was my choice of school because I have gamily that lives in the city and the school itself is friendly. Another reason why I choose Union even after I was gone for a while, is because I have so many great memories and friends, I knew it would be hard to go to another school. If anyone ask me the best thing about Union I would tell them, "the friendly Christian atmospher" is the best thing at this school.

Gail

First I would go into college with a different mind-set than I did at the time. I did not do very well and therefore I did not finish. Since I have gone back to school at a later stage in life, I feel that it was helpful to start out at a community college. It has helped to get the feel for the expectations of college classes. Which in turn helps to build confidence and successes. In any realm of life this is a big part of the battle, knowing that you are capable of not only being able to reach your goals, but be successful at it! Education is one of the most important things a person can attain. Yes it does take commitment and discipline to do this but the rewards will far outweigh it. Try to stay focused and surround yourself with others that are making good choices and have similar goals. There are times for fun and relationship building but it must not be the main reason for attending college. Those that feel a large colleg or university is more for them try to find an organization that you can join.

I will starting at Union College in August. I have been attending SCC prior and I liked the small classroom size and the willingness of the instructors to help you to be successful.

The instructors were very helpful and accessible. I went through chemo treatments while attending and the school and instructors were very helpful during this difficult time.

Angela

When my senior year rolled around, I took as little classes as I could, just because I wanted an easy year. There were college classes being offered at the community college by our school, but I did not care and just wanted to get out of school. Now looking back on it, I wish I would have taken more classes at my high school and also enrolled in some classes at the community college. I wish I would have pushed myself more and worked even harder than I did. I had pretty good grades my entire high school experience and they were great my senior year, but I still wish I would have taken more classes and took classes at the college.

I wish I would have known more about the financial information. They gave you some information, but not enough to prepare yourself. Obviously college is going to be expensive, but knowing what your options are is a nice thing to have. You are going to want to really question them and get in depth answers. During freshman orientation week, make sure to ask a lot of questions, even if you think they are dumb because someone else may have the same questions.

Anyone could attend this school. People at Union College are very friendly; or that could just be because I am a very big social bug. They accept anyone and everyone who has a desire to want to learn more about what their interests are. If someone has a desire to learn more about God or continue to grow in their faith, Union is a great place to meet others who can help and has the same/similar desires.

Don't do anything rash. When you try to get as far away from home you sometimes realize that maybe it wasn't the distance you needed, but rather the freedom to express yourself. I am a homebody and want to be close to my friends, I came to Union to make a change in myself, but realized that going this far from home wasn't the change I needed. I could have changed at a school that was closer to home.

How pretty the campus is and how friendly all the faculty and students are. It's not like the traditional private college or university, where everyone is stuck up. The people here at Union College want to get to know you, they are friendly, and they love God. The school also takes great pride in all their academic programs. We have some of the top rated programs for nursing, education, and science.

It is in Lincoln, Nebraska and there isn't a whole lot to do. About the school in particular I would have to say that I haven't found anything that I find specifically frustrating.

Union College is a Seventh-Day-Adventist college which stresses love for God as the most important thing in a student's life. Loving and honoring God is the key to obtaining wisdom. Once a student obtains wisdom, the student has the knowledge and confidence to succeed in life. UnionCollege is also unique because it not only hires instructors who are experts in their fields, but it maintains a student to instructor ratio of 15:1,which enhances and reinforces learning.

The faculty and staff is very friendly and accessible to students and their needs.

Kelly

Don't be afraid to talk to people you normally wouldn't talk to. Don't hold back.

Student leadership. it is really easy to get involved.

Joshua

College has been a valuble experince for me. I come from a second generation of college students, my dad was the first one to take initiatve and go to college in order to give us a better future. I now see why he did it. With a college degree, one opens many opportunities in the working world. Not many young people today know the significance from going to school and getting a college degree. Many students today just view it as a place to get away from the parents and go party and have fun, little do they know that they are drinking/dancing/partying/etc. their future away. A school that can make you feel challnged and compettative and yet still keep that social balance, has certianly done its job.

I think the best thing about Union is the "family" feeling that is has. Union College is not a big college it only has about 1000 students but being that small is awesome because the students can actually get to know each other. The teacher-to-student ratio is great. The teacher can get to know you instead of just the TA, consequently giving the student a higher grade averege because of the one-on-one interaction the student can get with the teacher.

I think it's the location where it is at, Nebraska. Flat, Flat, and Flat, Nebraska is surrounded by many corn fields and a forever ending veiw. I enjoy the outdoors and the outdoors sports such as snowboarding, however with Union being in that location it is diffcult to go and enjoy one's self in a mountain. To do that you have to travel about 7 hours into the state of Colorado, and not to mention that some of those tickets are quite expensive. Dont get me wrong, I love Union College, I wish it were in Colorado though.

Union is a warm, inviting campus full of beautiful trees, people-loving squirrels, friends who stick with you through both the tears and the laughs, and teachers who truly care about your success academically, socially, and spiritually - it's an oasis in the middle of bustling city.

My classmates are the type of people who will say "Hi" when they see you on the street; who will give up their personal time to help you with a problem; who will always remind you that even though life might be getting tough, there's always something to laugh about; who know how to make you smile, even on the day a professor assigns a twenty page paper; who will stick with you through the rest of your life.

I have gained much by attending Union College. I have been able to travel around the country as a recruiter, getting a chance to tell high schoolers what an amazing institution Union is. Working for the school, I have gained knowledge about computers and admission processes. I have had the chance to be involved in multiple leadership roles and to get involved in the social aspect of Union. Through education classes, I have been able to gain over fifty hours of experience in elementary classrooms in my first two years of schooling. This helped me realize that I truly do want to be an elementary educator, and when the going gets tough, I just remember that I'm taking these classes so I can be in a classroom everyday with students of my own. Because of the ability to be involved, the good academic aspects, the sincere and helpful professors, the friendly and comfortable atmosphere, and the strong spiritual emphasis, Union College has been one of the most valuable experiences of my lifetime.

Larissa

I believe that one of the most valuable assets I have received from attending college has been a stronger sense of self. My college has been accepting of me as a person as I grow in spiritual, emotional, and academic areas. Growing up takes a long time to do-perhaps a lifetime-and college is an important step for me in discovering what I was meant to do in this world, and who I was meant to be. I have found it important during this time to be surrounded by people that support my journey and can celebrate my success. As any college student, I have had challenges and changes along the way, and my school and professors have been more than supportive during these times. I have changed majors, changed colleges, moved states, and even married in college. My professors take time to work with me in what I need to follow for my future, and I will be forever grateful to them for their kindness and sincerity in believing in my success, and helping me get there. So to all those who may never hear these words, thank you.

Overall, I love my school and feel very happy with my experience there, esepcially in my interactions with other peers and teachers. Music is a very important thing in my life, and my school definately does not have a strong music program. I think I would say that this deficiency is the worst thing about my school-not in a general sense, but because it is a personal concern to me. I attended a school previously with a very strong musical program, and I miss the music.

One of the most frustrating things about my school is the quality of teaching with some of the professors. Many of my teachers are excellent because I am in the field of education, but other professors at the college may be very good in the field, but they are not necessarily well-trained teachers. There could be improvement in their teaching strategies, flexibility i working with students, and being more engaging with their time in the classroom.

Kelly

Extremely friendly and welcoming to any new students, including those who are unsure of their college plans.

Make sure to manage your time effectively. You will be surrounded with an abundance of opportunities and ways to be involved in the campus. From intramurals, to a job, to volunteering to weekend social activities, it's important to learn to say no. Do NOT join every club that asks you to. Do not focus on working so many hours that you miss out on fun activities with your friends because the relationships you form in college will last far longer than your GPA. At the same time, realize that you are paying for an education and that needs to be your main focus at this point in your life. Make the most out of it that you can since you will never get this time back. But also understand that a high GPA is not everything; employers are interested in your professional experiences, leadership roles and volunteer work. A balanced life is the key to succeeding.

The teachers here are so helpful in answering any questions you have. They are willing to meet with you whenever you need and work around your schedule to accomplish your goals. The student leadership is very strong and it's almost virtually impossible not to get involved in some form. The opportunities through internships, mentoring with local business professionals, and job options are huge. The faculty truly care about their students and their is a strong sense of community on campus. Everyone greets each other when passing and genuinely are interested in each others' lives. There is very strong support.

Union College-Lincoln administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.