Jackson, TN
Union University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Union University

Natasha

This is a Christian University and many students from all over the US and overseas come here for the specialized training they can receive. After the tornadoes hit, most people who had never heard of Union University saw what a great supporting school it was. We are now known for our indurance, faith and courage. Fall semister we move into new dorms and other buildings that were destroyed. We have a strong, faith based school. Many missionaries went to this college.

My advice would be to decide on a major before choosing your college, if it is possible. If not ,it will be more expensive. Decide where you will get the best education for the major you choose. Don't put all your apples in one basket, as my Granny told me. Apply to all the schools you want to attend and accept the one most best suited for your plans. Make plans for the financial expenses, for they are high and increasing every year. If you will need to get financial aid get all your information together before you start entering. Researce student loans for the best interest rate and payback schedules. Visit the colleges and talk to the advisors and students. Plan carefullly to budget your money. Use your high school advisor, local libary, school libary, newspapers, and the internet for a source of scholarships. Contact your college for scholarships from them. Don't wait until the dead line to enter for scholarships. Be very careful to be accurate and answer every question. Pre-write essays that are proofed by someone before you enter. Do the very best you can, putting as much time as possible on each application.

It is a Christian based college and a large amount of students and the professers are Christians. That is why I chose to go there although the tution is higher than some other colleges. I am solely responsible for my own financial expenses as my family can not help me. This has been a challenge. I met a friend for life the very fist day. The third day of school last Febuary, tornadoes hit our school and completely destroyed the student housing. In all the destruction I found that the faith of the students was mega. Everone pulls together.

Courtney

Union is a small Christ-centered campus that strives to educate and prepare Christian men and women to make a difference in the world in their outreach, future careers, and forming solid relationships.

Students should take advantage of college preview days. Talking with students at each school helped me get ?the feel? of campus and determine if I could picture myself there. Current students offer a realistic picture of the school and point you to crucial information that representatives fail to mention. Additionally, it?s important for parents to attend these trips with students because they can offer a fresh perspective and insight from their experiences. To get the most out of college, I recommend students live in a dorm on campus. Many of my friends commute to school, attend a few classes, make no social connections, and then go to work or home. College is a big adjustment and becomes easier when you can make new friends who are going through the same things as you. If living on campus is not practical, join extracurricular activities such as an intramural team or club. Furthermore, do not be afraid to seek out free school resources. I received valuable advice on time management and how to study in college from a study counselor. Tutors, counselors, and career services representatives are available to students and willing to help.

Because my school is on the smaller side, there is not a wide range of opportunities available in extracurricular activities or course offerings. While bigger schools may have organizations for every type of person and a huge selection of courses, Union has focused on offering more practical courses for its available majors. Furthermore, even though the school is still growing and adding new majors, there still remains a lack of available majors.

Union University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.