Jackson, TN
Union University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Union University

Dyana

Union University is a school devoted to religion. We have to attend chapels 14 times a semester, some are very interesting. The science department is incredible, the class size is small, but the classes themselves push you religiously wise as well. Most of the courses here will relate back to God and point out where the Bible will make a direct link to the course. The professors are also amazing as you can reach them at almost any time, they genuinely care about their students.

Cheryl

Union provides an excellent education in an exceptional environment where students are encouraged to participate in their success as a student. The administration and staff go beyond what is expected if them and the professors seek to challenge and encourage each student to be their best.

Inas

I enjoyed visiting the campus at Hendersonville/Nashville, TN location. Moreover, Union University staff was very helpful when I speak with them in person or by phone. When I visited the Hendersonville, TN campus I was so impressed with the landscape and the newly constructed architecture.

Ryan

It is a great university to go to. There are plenty of opportunities to excel and the professors are super helpful. There are a lot of on campus rules that may seem annoying. But they are all there for a good reason, and they are not nearly as bad as they seem.

Brooklynn

I love Union. This was not my first choice for schools but I am so glad I ended up here. Overall, I feel like I'm going to love it here. I already do. Academics are competitive and extra curricular activities are plentiful, and on-campus housing is fantastic. Even freshman housing is great. I love campus life and my professors. I highly recommend coming here and have no regrets in my college decision.

Mandi

Union University is a close knit community where you can get a good education and remain focused.

My classmates are friendly, caring, dynamic, and have the mindset to accomplish their goals.

I would go back to my high school self and give myself the advice that college is an experience but you have to WANT to be there. Research different degrees and sit down with a counsilor to discuss options. Help figure out what a "specific" degree will get you in the real world. Do tests that offer perosnality testing to figure out what skills you are good at. Do as much intererning and job shadowing experience as you can get in to figure out different areas of work that are available. I would also tell me High School self, that college is expensive. Make sure to apply for scholarships, get good grades, and to go to a community college first if you are not quite sure which route you want to go? It is important to get good grades, because even though your young self can't see past the next year, 10 years from now you , just might want to go onto Graduate school and you will need those good grades to get into those programs.

Melissa

"Enjoy this time; college years are the best of your life." This is probably the most common piece of advice people gave me before college. I never understood why everyone told me to cling to such a slippery hope, knowing it would pass away. Three years into school and I'm looking the end of these 'best years' in the face. I don't mean to say that college shouldn't be transformative. Or that you shouldn't come out of college bursting with new perspectives and lessons, filled with a desire to learn for a lifetime. Or that it shouldn't be a time when you learn more what it means to pour into someone and to be poured into. Because it should and it will. But that shouldn't be the definition of college, but rather the definition of a transformative and transformed life. If you continue on to college, may you enjoy it. But may you also remember that many are denied college and joy is only joy when it is shared. Learn with others. Everyone you meet is a teacher. Living with this perspective is the only way can you stay in 'college' your whole life.

I suppose I would say that I do not enjoy having greek life on campus. Union has always had fraternities and sororities since its founding, so I can see why the tradition would continue, but I have not seen how these organizations have contributed to the life and focus of the University and it's students in the ways they have promoted. All this to say, I have never been a part of greek life and so my opinion is gathered from my experience and my understandings of friends who have participated in greek life.

I tried to think of people who wouldn't benefit from the education and experiences offered by Union, and I keep coming up short. The best answer would be to say that someone who is not a Christian would have to make sure s/he understood that Union approaches education with a Christian mindset. However, I would not say that someone who is not a Christian shouldn't attend Union, because I think Union provides quality education for anyone.

Torie

I am enrolled in the Honors program which contains very particular types of personalities each with a high intelligence level. Even in my general classes though, my classmates are motivated to do the work that is set before them and to understand the material.

Relationships of all kinds require intentionality. An overabundance of time is on your hands now, but this time will quickly dwindle. Make good use of the blessings and gifts you have been granted, and do not neglect pursuing friendships with unique personalities. Be intentionally kind, gracious, and forgiving. Be an encouragement to those who look up to you, and devote time to spend with those who need a listening ear. Establish firm foundations with friends you admire and respect for their character, and do not be bitter to those who have treated you with bitterness.

Union University is a Christian higher education school with a largely diverse community surrounding the campus. The various departments each have their own merits, but personally I can only speak to the excellence of the scientific communities at Union. The motto "future-directed" is certainly at play as they truely care about the next four years of your life and are willing to walk with you through them.

Tien

If I could go back in time, I would study not only because of GPA, but also becuase of knowlege, especially science courses. It was the basic which help me to study them again in college easier.

Holly

College classes really aren't so much different from all the honors and AP classes you've taken. The work load is heavier and the pace is much faster, but the environment of the classroom doesn't change. Don't wait until the last minute to do assignments because it will only cause stress and sleepless nights. When choosing your major, know that it will change a few times before it's really set. The most important thing is to pick something that you enjoy doing. Another important thing to consider is how available/easy jobs in that field are to get. Don't get too caught up in the social life of campus; in four years it will all be gone. Remember above all what you want to do with your life personally and in a career and keep with that. I'm not saying that you shouldn't get out and live a little, having fun is a great stress reliever, but don't become consumed with temporary things. Be considerate/compassionate to your roommates; they're the most likely ones to stick around for years. College is about figuring out how to do life on your own.

I wish I had known how set social groups could become after a short period of time. After I dropped my sorority for financial reasons in my sophomore year I found myself without friends or anyone to eat lunch with. Being a double major also limited my social time so I have few close friends from either of my departments. I also wish I had known that as an academic scholarship recipient, I was ineligible for tutoring and other on campus jobs.

The degree of conservatism. I feel like I missed out on some very normal college experiences because I went to a Christian college where drinking, even over 21, wasn't allowed and chapel was required. Often times professors would pointedly focus conversation on Christian aspects so there were few open-minded, liberal, rounded conversations. The professors who did invite open minded comments/arguments/discussions were the best, but they were few. Most of the time I felt caged, jaded, and suppressed in my college experience.

Union University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.