Jackson, TN
Union University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Union University

Caleb

Caleb, You have just finished high school and will soon move to college. You have much reason to look ahead with excitement. The basis of this hopeful expectation is the element of the unknown that surrounds every new semester and year. We often speak of fearing the unknown, but I encourage you to embrace it. You know what classes you are taking and perhaps a few extracurricular activities that you will participate in, but everything else is yet to be seen. The year ahead is full of potential for God to shape you and alter the course of your life. One thing I can promise you is that no two years are the same. Some friendships will fade and some will be strengthened. New relationships will develop and new ways of thinking will change how you view the world. You have no idea what kind of person you will be at the end of this year, and that is why you should be excited. So go live in this new life not with anxious attempts to keep everything the same, but with eager anticipation of vibrant transformation.

The top-tier academics and school community.

Study hard, because highschool does not really prepare you for college. Have fun, and try harder to make better grades.

That the atmosphere and the people were not that welcoming.

Union is a great school, though i am transfering back to Austin Peay State University becasue i did not feel welcomed there.

Kelsey

A diverse, yet cooperative environment filled with people who desire to succeed and help others do the same.

Since my senior year of high school, I have changed a dramatic amount. I would even say that I am a completely new person now, with good reason. Halfway through my senior year, I accepted Jesus Christ to be my Savior. Even though I had grown up in church, I had no real idea what it meant to be saved and to live for God. The first half of my senior year, I was focused on myself, my friends, and my boyfriend. I was absolutely miserable, and couldn't figure out why, until God made it very plain to me. The second half of that year, I was trying to figure out how to completely involve God in my life along with my social circle at the time. I was stressed about college, and tried to figure out ways to make my transition as seamless as possible. I know now that trusting God is all I had to do, instead of staying up all night trying to plan how to keep my life from changing too much. If I could go back and talk to myself then, that is what I would tell me: Rely only on God, not myself.

I consider the best thing about my school to be the caring, joyful atmosphere. That's what drew me here in the first place. The second I stepped on campus, I could tell that there's just something about Union that makes it a joyful place.

Eryn

Union University is a Christian school that holds high moral values. The students seem to be more focused, and they care more about their studies than their social lives. The grading scale is higher and requires more work from students than most schools I considered.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to study harder and cherish the high school years. When you enter college, it's completely different. I would tell myself to be more ambitious and do more community service as well.

A person who has strong moral values and academic integrity.

Jade

You will have doubts and fears, but do not let them paralyze you. Allow yourself to dream and believe in yourself. After you have focused for so long on your goals, do not let obstacles deter you. You must also not create stumbling blocks to sabotage your future. There will always be people who will not share your enthusiasm, you must respect that and dig deep inside yourself for the correct path for your life. You will find that as wonderful as you hope it will be, and it is at times, you must prepare yourself to handle disappointment and unfamiliar territory. Know that the college experience is not like anything you have ever experienced. Be ready to enter into it with enthusiasm, an open mind and courage to try new things and meet individuals who would never have been a part of your life. Make sure you do not choose your college without a great deal of thought. It must be a place where you feel comfortable, and safe, as it will become your home and your support system for at least the next 4 years. It is much easier to be successful if you are happy.

As far as the university itself, I can not tell you I have any complaints. The food in the cafeteria is not as healthy as I would like, but there is plenty of variety and an attempt to meet most individual prefrences. The humidity is very different from what I am familiar with and has taken an adjustment period. I wish that the distance between the universtiy and my family was less, because at times I miss the support that can only be obtained by people who trully know and love you.

Only students who are seeking a Christian environment, and life style while obtaining a degree at a university known for its excellent educational standard, should attend Union University. Individuals who are not comfortable with structure and expectations of excellence would have difficulty being successful. Although there are many opportunities at Union, if an individual's focus is social opportunities and not academic growth it will be a disappointing environment.

Brandi

I began college at Union Univeristy in the Fall of 2004 as a nursing major. I loved this school but my tuition increased and I transfered to a community college. After attending community college and being on the waiting list for nursing for 3 years, I graduated with an Associate Degree. I took a small break from college to ask God what his plan for my life was. I went back to Union and spoke with admissions about coming back to study education. I have found that Early Childhood is where my heart is. I was following nursing because I wanted the paycheck that comes along with it. I am glad that God showed me my true calling. Although I will not make as much money as a nurse, I will have satisfaction with my career because I know that this is what God has called me to do with my life. I look forward to going to school everyday, and practicum teaching in the public schools with teachers and being with children. I have truly found the career that I love!

I do not know of anything that is negative about my school. I love Union University and all the students and staff. This school is very welcoming and feels like home.

If you are looking to party and do drugs this school is not for you. The majority of the students here value the money spent for thier education, and they focus very hard on their studies. This school has strong rules against drugs and alcohol.

I have gotten a stronger relationship with Christ while at Union University. It is definitely the perfext school for me. I have also made tons of friends. Union University has been valuable for me to attend because it has given me a chance to make my life better. My dad did not go to college and my mom could only afford to go for her first semester. I have seen how not having a college degree has affected our life when my dad was laid off and couldn;'t find another job because he did not have a degree.

There is an amazing Christian atmosphere and everyone is extremely nice there.

Allison

Union University is a school where academic excellence is striven for by both students and faculty, and the student atmosphere is uplifting and community oriented.

My college experience has been the best experience of my life. I have felt a maturation of the personal, spiritual, and social aspects of my life. The change in pace, as compared with highschool, has challenged me and has played a huge role in the development of personal responsibility and independence. I have gained a plethora of friends from different backgrounds, and with that comes exposure to upbringings different from my own. The education that I've been able to recieve has also challenged my way of doing things, and has given me valuable experience in learning how to balance personal "fun" time and time that needs to be spent studying and being involved in various other academic-related responsibilities. Union University has been a valuable investment of time and money because of its dedication to my growth as a person and as a future contributer to society. I have learned so much from my classes and the friends I've made, from living on my own as opposed to living under my parents watch, and by experiencing a whole new step in life. This is how I know that Union University has been a valuable experience.

The worst thing that I've come across at Union is probably the dining experience. It's not always bad, and can occasionally be pretty good, but generally speaking, the food is probably the weakest aspect of the college experience at Union University. Cafeteria food is never the best, but it seems like it's not as good as it can possibly be.

I found and embraced my honest, sincere desire in college. I love to build art. In high school, art was not encouraged. Art was for lazy people . I did not want to be seen as a lazy person, so I never pursued those classes. I entered college as an advertising major. It didn't go very well. I didn't like school and was very unmotivated in every class; however, second semester, sophomore year, I took a 3-D design class. My professor begged me to be an art major. Though I was flattered and flirted with the idea, it was unrealistic. So I prayed. I switched majors 2 weeks before the semester ended. I'm on my first semester as an art major. I am more exhausted than I have ever been in my life. I am more broke than I have ever been in my life, but everything fits. My college experience has been valuable for the rest of my life. My professor's encouragement gave me the guts to do what I thought was unrealistic. Also, I think totally different about art. You can not survive as an artist if you are even slightly lazy.

David

They are super nice, helpful, caring, and dedicated

They are super nice, helpful, caring, and dedicated

I've learned study skills I didn't learn in High School. I study under some of the smartest and most caring professors I've ever met. My professors write the books other schools use. I've met tons of friends that care about me and love the Lord

The food can be kinda blah. But that's all colleges

Union University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.