Jackson, TN
Union University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Union University

Katherine

Union University is unique in many ways, but there is one quality that tops all the others. Every professor at Union is a Christian. That is something you are not going find at most schools. Union University is Christ-centered and focused on giving every student a well rounded education. This is accomplished by having a Christian professor in every single classroom. This was not true for any other school I looked at and is what makes Union University so unique and amazing.

As a college student, I have gone through many changes. The biggest change, I believe, has been be taking on more responsibility and adjusting to being on my own. Going away to an out of state, private school has force me to take on the role of an independent adult. I have had to learn how to function and live completely on my own. I no longer have my parents there for every little thing I need, which is a change in itself. I left my whole family and all my friends. I have had to adjust to being out of my comfort zone. I have met new people and built new relationships which have been another change I have had to adjust to. Meeting new people has broadened my world. Having already transitioned into this new college life, I would go back and tell myself, as a senior in high school, to work hard. Even though it is senior year and senioritis has taken over your body, you do not want to get behind, especially not in college. If you think it is bad getting behind in high school, it gets even worse in college.

Union University is definitely a school worth bragging about. I love to talk about how many achievements and awards for which Union is recognized and noted. My school has been classified as a Top Tier institution annually since 1997. Also, for the last twelve years Union has been identified as ?America?s Best College Buys.? Union University is also ranked among the top 141 schools in the Southeast by the Princeton Review. Bragging about Union University is not hard to do.

Anna

Union is a community focused on excellence and Christ, that includes a lot of fun and friendships along the way.

Be flexible! Life is not all about you, and college is definitely not about you. Remember that you are part of a community. Form friendships that will last. Don't be catty and dramatic. Work hard to keep your GPA up. It's worth it in the long run. Love your roommates and remember that you don't have to live with them forever. Listen carefully to the advice of the upperclassmen. They know what they are talking about. Above all, be yourself. You are fun to be around and you have wisdom to share. Love everyone. Keep being you and you'll be just fine.

Anyone who is not willing to work hard for their grades, or who is not willing to follow the rules.

Wesson

They are a group of students who are seeking a personal relationship with God, and they want to grow in that relationship through worship, fellowship with other students, and expanding their minds through academic studies. They have an uderstanding that God has given us many opportunities to serve the Kingdom in many different ways, and they seek to find their specific calling and pursue that goal educationally to go out into the world and spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Be prepared for the workload, but don't be too worried about it. While it is higher level work, there is still that sort of transition to help you ease into the workload of college. Don't let the classes be intimidating. Most professors are there to help you, contrary to popular belief. Also, be ready to write. In your freshman year of college, a 3-5 pager paper due every couple of weeks is very normal. But, again don't sweat it. You can make it thorugh and do a good job.

It's really kind of hard to say what kindof student should not attend this school. It is a Christian college that promotes Christian morals. This college does promote that there is a need to have Jesus Christ as one's Lord and Savior. But, a person is not going to be chastised for not having a relationship with Jesus. It is going to make it very hard for them though. In everything that is done at Union University, there is a sense that this is done to glorify God and to spread the Gospel.

AlLee

Union University is unique, because it is truly people-focused. When applying, the admissions officers know you by name. Unlike other schools, you are not a number. They will call or e-mail you just to check up on you and your application. When you visit, you have a personalized tour, and your admission officer takes time to pray with you. Once you are a student, the professors and staff know you by name as well. They care about you and your performance in their class, and they are always willing to help. Union University cares for its students.

Breathe. Everything will work out fine. You do not have to have your whole life figured out now. Take things in steps. First, find a college that you love and that will support and love you back. Once you are at that college, chill out. Do not worry about your major or things like where you will sit in the cafeteria. A major will come. Try a lot of things, find your passion. Once you find where you fit, that place where you shine, major in it. Pursue what makes you happy and what makes you feel fulfilled. Do not worry about making friends or about dorm life. Everyone is in the same boat. People need a friend just like you need one too. Be open to new people, and be open to new experiences. Be patient with your roommates. Dorm life takes practice, but it is blast! Above all else, pray. With prayer, you will find the peace that only God can give. He will guide and protect you. He will give you hope.

Patrick

Union is most known for it's Christian worldview and excellent classroom settings. The teachers are all very qualified and most have doctorates. The classes are small and there are many opportunities to speak to professors one-on-one. The environment on campus is very relaxed, but there are quite a few rules that state schools do not enforce. Overall, Union University is an elite school with very qualified faculty and a safe Christian environment.

"College is like a fountain of knowledge, and the students are there to drink." Many believe that college is the perfect ending to a long educational career where the diligent student can make something of himself. Others think that college is just an excuse to get out of mom and dad's house for a little while and to get a little taste of independence. Having been homeschooled my entire life, i was excited about leaving the house and getting to live on my own. But looking back on my first semester of college, i would advise my younger self to take school much more seriously. Instead of hanging out with friends for hours, i should have some study time inserted into my day as well. i took college for granted and did not apply myself as well as i should have. I ardently desire to go back and experience my first semester over again, mainly to improve my grades, perform at a higher level , and drink deep from the fountain of knowledge.

The main thing i wish i had known is the fact that many students attempt to evade the rules and do what they want despite objections by their superiors. In several instances I overheard upperclassmen talk about parties and drinking just off campus. These actions are strictly forbidden by school officials and are frowned upon even when done somewhere off campus. Also, many of the seniors at Union were not the upstandting students i had expected them to be. Despite Union's tremendous upside, some students have changed my opinion of the school's morals.

Linda

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would say "get over yourself." Coming into college I had a lot of walls constructed in my mind seperating myself from others, many I didn't even know were there. I grew up in East Africa. My parents are missionaries and I am so thankful for the experiences I had while I was there. I would not trade growing up in Africa, yet having grown up in a different part of the world I set myself apart from "Americans." I thought that no one wanted to get to know me, but really I was making an excuse for myself to not get to know them. I saw myself as being "better" than many people here, who would not understand my life. Through a series of events and God's help, I have come to realize that my walls of pride needed to be torn down. Peers and friends here have so much they can teach me, and I need to invest in them and their lives. I expected people to be interested in mine without me being interested in theirs, which was wrong.

I would say that one of the worst things about my school is the fact that the majority of the students and professors are a part of the Souther Baptist Convention, so there is not a very wide variety of beliefs and world views. This can be postitive and I appreciate recieving a Christian education, but it also is a somewhat limited education.

I would say that my school is best known for being a Southern Baptist school that has quality professors and is missons minded. Each year our school has a "GO week" whick stands for Global Opportunities. Different sending agencies come to the school and many short term missions opportunites are presented for the students to serve on as well. Our school is also know of because of the tornado that demolished many of the dorms in 2008, yet thanks to God's grace no lives were lost and the dorms are rebuilt.

Tequitta

My school is best know for its Christian environment.

My school is best know for its Christian environment.

Going back in time, I would tell myself to work over the summer in order to save money for books and also for the remaining tuition balance. I would also warn myself against the dangers of procrastination and frequent absences from class. I would also remind myself to not be so stressed out and to have fun occasionally. I would explain the grading and testing standards of college and how they are different from high school. I would remind myself to make decisions based on my own judgement and not others wishes. I would explain that I am going to school to better my chances and my future and not to make others happy. Finally, I would reinsure myself that everything is going to be fine.

The best thing about my school is the small class sizes. With larger classes, the teachers do not have the one on one opportunity such as the one offered at Union University.

Dalila

Union University is different from most colleges because it a Christian University, but not only that Union actually lives up to that. I have heard of many Christian colleges that do NOT live up to that name.

I would definitely have to make sure and encourage myself to make sure I keep focused on my studies. It may seem like it will be about the same as high school and you can put the exact same effort but you can't you need to put more. Not only that, but if you live on campus you make a lot of your own decisions and if you have early classes and don't let yourself sleep enough or you don't study enough you won't do well in college. Also what goes along with that is if you don't do well in college then your scholarships and grants could be taken from you and you may not be able to stay at the college that you love and have wanted and worked to get to. Finally, just make sure you do the best that you can and work as hard as you need too, but don't forget to have fun just have your priorities in order before you go off to college and know why you are there.

Probably the fact that not everyone on campus is Christian, so it is better than most colleges but you can still have some bad influences on you.

Desirae

I have made some really good friends over the past semester. Union University is a Christian school, so many of my friends want to use their talents to glorify the Lord. There a lot of people from Tennessee that go to that school.

In high school, I was a peole pleaser and lacking in self-confidence. I would definitely tell myself to be stronger and assured that I am a great person who is able to lead from the front and do not be afraid to follow my instinct. College has taught me not to apologize for who I am. It has been a challenge to live with others, especially people that I do not know. I have learned to communicate my feelings in an effective way when something is wrong and not let the issue get under my skin. Life is too short to have feelings bottled up until they explode. I would deal with the situation and move on because tomorrow is a new day.

I do not like the fact that the school does not communicate important facts about financial aid. The school is not clear about how much we owe and are unwilling to help us.

Union University is best known for its nursing program and its widely diverse student body.

I have pondered this question on multiple ocassions already. If I could go back in time to my senior year of high school, I would tell myself to finish applying to the Air Force Academy and to go there. I had gotten far in the application but never completed it, and I think I will always regret that. It's not that I dislike Union University, but I feel like I have missed something by not going to the Academy.

The only thing I dislike about Union University is that it does not offer Air Force ROTC, which is something I had previously aspired to participate in.

Union University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.