Jackson, TN
Union University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Union University

Michelle

In order to find the right college, I would reccomend that students and parents visit multiple colleges together. The student should be the one to pick their college, but the parents will have different questions than the students will. Together students get a more accurate picture of the college or university. The college or university should fit the student, both in size, academics, and beliefs. To make the most of the college experience I reccomend living on campus if possible. Many group gatherings can happen late at night or run into the night. Also many colleges and universities have a form of Residence Life that plans a few events for the people who live on campus. Living on campus can help you become more connected to other students.

I think the best thing about Union University is their focus. The University focus on faith and people. This shows their heart and allows the student and faculty to be better people.

I was pretty prepared before coming to this school. If someone researches Union by visiting and talking with students and faculty, they will receive an accurate picture of the University.

They are eager to learn not only the concepts and principles, but also how to use those concepts in the real world, while also applying a faith--based approach.

Go with your gut feeling. That sounds scary, I know, but really once you get past all the over-analyizing and the comparative charts, trust your feeling about that school. Of course, finding the right school does require actual work, but don't get too caught up in numbers. Once you choose your school and begin your first semester there, learn how to get out of your comfort zone. Once you hop over the proverbial fence of nervousness, you will be able to enjoy some many new and exciting experiences that would never have seemed possible before. Ask new questions, try new things, meet new people. It will be worth it!

It is a bit small, which can be both nice and annoying.

Amy

Make sure you explore every possibility. Even if you don't think you could ever make it into a school because of the costs or the academic standards, check it out. I didn't think I would ever get into Union or afford it, but I have. God has opened up so many doors for me to be where I am now and I know I am in the right place. Things will fall into place if it's where God wants you to be. I would suggest attending a conservative Christian college if possible. Especially here at Union, your faith will be strengthened in and outside the classroom. You will be challenged to do the best you can do academically, be the best you can be spiritually and otherwise. Pray that God will lead you to the right school and trust Him, even if it doesn't make sense. It's always better to trust Him and be in the center of His will. :-) Good luck!

That it is a small Christian college. Because it is small, you get to know or at least recognize just about everyone on campus and the professors. There is a slower, more relaxed pace and everybody is pretty much friendly. It's more personal. The Christian part: regardless of your denomination, the Christian worldview is taught in the classrooms so that not only do you learn your academics, you learn it from a Christian standpoint and it strengthens and doesn't undermine your faith like perhaps learning in a secular school might do.

Probably the expense. Union is a rather expensive place to further your education. I don't know that I will always have the finances/scholarships to attend school without getting a job. In my major, athletic training, there are "clinicals" (basically an apprenticeship opportunity under an athletic trainer in the area) that I must complete every semester. This requires my attending games, practices, and other events with whatever trainer I am with. This is often at night or in the afternoon, which is what would make it very difficult for me to get a job and keep it.

Andrew

They are hard working.

They are hard working.

My school is best known for their Christian views and for the recent tornado damages.

You should always talk to other students that go there. Seniors are usually the best because they have experienced the most, but faculty will only tell you what you want to hear.

Lara

My school is a great place to learn. It is well versed in culture and offers many opportunities for everyone.

My school well know for is Christian's value and drive to achieve.

I would match my childs career goals with a school that offered classes and teachings that would further encourage growth toward their educational goals. I would select a that have a good reputation; however, it does not jeopardize it integrity to keep it.

I would tell future college students and their parents to consider schools carefully and slowly. Begin looking early so there is no rush or pressure on your decision. Be sure to consider every aspect of the campus. While the exciting athletic program or beautiful campus may be appealing, make sure to meet those who work in the admissions and financial aid departments because you will be dealing with them often. Also, look particularly at the aspect of the campus that will most affect you. If you are most concerned about the living situation, the athletic department, or your particular field of study, pay close attention to that aspect of each school you visit or research instead of wasting time researching or debating aspects of the campus that you will never utilize as a student. I would also recommend applying to as many colleges and universities as you can; you never know what will happen between the time you apply and the time you make your final decision. After all research and visitng is complete, I would recommend time to think and really consider which school has the most overall appeal and advantage to you as you prepare for your future.

I wish I would have been better prepared to be able to balance my academic responsibilities with my social life and work schedule.

The strength of the advice given by our advisors in our particular fields is often weak or biased, giving us only a partial picture of the options for us to consider when choosing classes or opportunities outside of school.

Union is a fantastic school, it's better to come here focused on education rather than a really fun time. If you plan to sluff off it's probably not the best choice. Professors are fantastic and are extremely involved in the lives of students who desire that. I believe Union is one of the up and coming Christian universities in the US. But they don't do much by way of financial aid unless you are an international student or a missionary kid.

In advising a parent or student in choosing what college is best for them and how to make the most of their experience I would tell them to focus. They need to know coming in that they will be committed to their education. College, I do not believe, is for four extra years of play time. Yes, it is a great time, but it is work. If you are focused and committed in your studies you can have a good time outside of your studies as well, but in the end college is about soaking up as much knowledge as you can and learning to apply it to your life. Education for the sake of education is good, try to remember that in your decision. It is worth going to college in order to learn, it is not entirely about getting a job after graduation. Focus on learning as much as you can, select a school that has strong teaching and professors who love their students and who are excellent in their fields. This will create an excellent foundation for which college is chosen and what goes on during the years a student is there.

The professors. They are tops and the vast majority of them obviously love teacing. They are also very willing to be involved in students lives. I have several personal mentors through professors, I do a weekly book study with a small group of students in one professors house with him and his wife. The professors here really make the school what it is.

Students and parents need to work together to find the place where each student will best fit. Sometimes this may mean compromising on one or both ends. Be open-minded when going into college. However, be careful not to get caught up in things that will wreck your college career. Be prepared for a challenge and be ready to meet it with open arms.

It is going to be very challenging, so be very prepared. It is totally worth it though.

I brag about the good Christian atmoshpere and the warmth of the students. I also talk about how the classes and professors are great.

Kayleigh

During my senior year in high school I was surrounded by friends who had found "the perfect college." I felt like I was the only person who never experienced the feeling "this is where I fit" during any of my college visits. I felt like I would not have a good college experience because I had not found the school that was my perfect fit. Even the university that I chose to attend did not come with any bells or signals to tell me that this was where I would be happy. However, when applying for scholarships, the professors at this university gave me the most down to earth advice to take with me for any of my college decisions. I chose this school because they gave me unbiased advice to the questions I had and gave the most money in scholarships. I did not want to come out of college with debt hanging over my head. I believe the key to making the most of a college experience is not finding the perfect college, but coming into the experience with an open mind and a good attitude. If you have those, you could make the most of college anywhere.

For the most part Union is a very accepting school, but when it comes to more liberal thinking, they can tend to be more closed-minded. However, this is not the case most of the time and conflict usually doesn't arise because there are not many liberal thinkers that attend Union. It can be a hindrance if you prefer to get a more rounded point of view. But most professors (not all) give a well-informed opinion from knowing both sides of the issues discussed most of the time.

Any completely or mostly liberal thinkers would find it very hard to be content with the teaching style here. And anyone homosexual or bi-sexual would not fit in at all and be very unhappy attending this school. Though some students and professors are open-minded about these things, they are definitely in the minority of the population.

My classmates are the most encouraging, helpful, and down-to-earth people I know.

College is more than just a few buildings with classrooms and professors. It's a place where you discover a lifetime of knowledge, long-term friends, and cherished memories. Some may think you should choose the college that dishes out the most financial aide, and although that may seem wise, it's usually not the best choice. You should choose the one where everything seems to fall into place, as if this particular college is where you were meant to be. I first chose a school far from home to get out of the small town I felt like I was stuck in. Running away to far off and unknown lands was not the best way to go. Nothing seemed to be working out right. I finally gave up hope, and after much thought decided to apply to a school closer to home. It was more prestigious, more expensive, and yet it was exactly where I needed to be. Everything fell into place and I have loved going there ever since. When it's the right college, you know you can make the most of your college experience because the wrong ones just don't cut it.

I wish I knew the importance of getting the best education you can get with the short amount of time you are given. If you want to learn a specific field, I mean really learn it, you have to get out there and learn as much as you can from research, your professors, and others in that field of study.

Union University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.