Kings Point, NY
United States Merchant Marine Academy

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend United States Merchant Marine Academy

Alaina

The United States Merchant Marine Academy is an institution of higher caliber. Not only is it one of the five federal service academies, but it is also referred to as "America's hidden gem" due to the countless opportunities it provides during and after completion of the school's four year program. It encourages core values that are essential in developing scholars and promoting leadership. As a current student here at the Academy, I highly recommend this Institution for students who desire unique experiences (spending a year studying abroad and traveling the world), a challenging academic curriculum, and friendships that last a lifetime.

Lindsey

I have not actually started college just yet, I have enrolled and registered though. At this point in time I have just completed the Electrical program at the Inland Empire Job Corps Center and start attending my junior college classes in August. I have gained so much from my experience here at Job Corps, and I have realized that my career choice will be Electrical Engineering. I have learned employability skills, living in a dorm environment and obtained many friends, not to mention all the Electrical knowledge. I was the only female in my class, shop leader, and completed in a good amount of time. I can wire up your entire house, before Job Corps I wouldn't have been able to tell you a single thing about anything to do with Electrical. I have learned so much and reshaped my life in so many ways because of this experience and can't wait to further my education and career.

Andrew

My school is a very academically demanding.

My school is a very academically demanding.

My school is best known for all the oppotunities for jobs that are offered to seniors prior to graduation. We are also known for our high workload and very prestige level of education or a BA degree.

I have gotten the opportuinity to travel around the world on a commercial vessel. I have also had to oppotunity to perform an internship with a military engineering company. Additionaly I learned how to properly study, manage 24 credits a semester, and manage the little free time that I do have.

Isaac

Going to Kings Point is the best choice you could possibly make at this point in your life. It will make a positive mark on your life and expose you to more oppertunities than you can imagine. It won't be easy, and you won't enjoy yourself nearly as much as at a normal college, but it is where you belong. Embrace the discipline regimental life offers and you will be rewarded. Don't give in to the depression on campus. The third world counties you will visit are far worse, and those people are happy more than you would expect. Never ever quit. You may not always win, but if you quit, you have no chance of winning. Kings Point is a means to very good ends. No other place offers so much oppertunity to learn, grow, and mature.

I wish I had known that the student body is terribly unhappy. It wouldn't have changed my mind, but I would have liked to have known that.

The administration and faculty are totally out of touch with the student body and often out of touch with reality. They blame us for their shortcomings and failures and hold us responsible for things they never told us about. Also the lack of toilet paper, hot water, and meal quality reductions suck.

Conlan

This school is between 80-90% male, and for the most christan caucasions. The entire student body is in at least desant physical shape and are expected to be active students.

Its not going to be like you expect. You need to take a better look at other options.

Raltionships are near inpossible to manage and this school is exshausting most of the time, due to the regimental system in place.

Mitchell

All students are required to go to sea for a year as part of the learning process.

Stay strong, stay focused and for God's sake stay away from drinking for the first year.

The water front and ability to travel during sea year.

Andrew

This school is a good place to be from, not a good place to be.

This school is a good place to be from, not a good place to be.

Depressed studends/ midshipman

You are only in college once. Make hte best of it

United States Merchant Marine Academy administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.