United States Military Academy Top Questions

Carl

West Point is unlike any other college experience, and it comes with a lot of great opportunities and amazing experiences. The only downside is the fact that cadets are a bit isolated and restricted to the campus for the majority of the college experience.

Joel

The worst thing about West Point is the mentality of some of the upperclassmen. They feel that it is their duty to haze freshmen.

The workload that we recieve takes up more time then there is hours in the afternoon/night. The dean suggests that we spend at least 2 hours per class.

The worst thing about my school is that there is not much time for recreation and that the campus is not surrounded with fun things to do. To watch a movie in a theatre or shop in a mall you have to travel a few miles.

Rigidity of course schedule

ray

The first year is the absolute worst. You are treated like absolute garbage. However, if you can get throught that year, life is good.

Roberto

The worst thing about my school is that I am not able to go out and party like my peers at regular schools.

Rafael

There is no social life because West Point is located pretty much in the middle of no where and there are so many rules limiting what you can and can't do in the barracks.

Stuart

There are so many great opportunities here and not enough time to take advantage of them all

Limited freedom.

I consider the hyperfocus on the intercollegiate football team to be a major downside of West Point.

Reginald

Sometimes its so regimented and can be stifling with requirements.

Brendan

The rules and regulations that are placed upon cadets often demoralize them.

Not being able to leave campus whenever you want.

The lack of an outside social life. As a sophmore I was only allowed to leave school and spend the night out maybe 3 times a semester excluding the usual holiday breaks. We have to stay on campus unless we have permission to leave so we dont really get out that much.