United States Military Academy Top Questions

Alaina

The program at the United States Military Academy is constantly challenging and demanding. You will be asked to accomplish more than you knew you were capable of, which at times will feel very frustrating. At the end of the day, though, you realize what a character-building experience you have been through.

Samuel

The most frustrating thing about USMA is some of the other students attitudes. Some students don't realize the value of the education that they are recieving or how attending USMA is going to effect their futures.

Matt

The most frustrating thing is that freshmen are extremely isolated from upper classmen. They live in the same dorms and often in rooms right next to them, but the upper classmen feel that the freshmen have not earned the right to be there yet and that they to be ignored. It does last all year until graduation and freshmen become sophmores at which point the other upper classmen try to become buddies as if nothing has happened.

Jean

The most frustrating thing about my school is the overexpectation in the capabilities of cadets and the lack of leniency when needed. As cadets, we are overachievers in that we need to be great academically, physically, and militarily. However, when a cadet gets injured, they are expected to attend every class and soon be on their feet ready to participate in physical activities.. For example, after my shoulder surgery I had to attend classes a few days after and take all the tests with no extra time or help even though my dominant arm was in a sling.

Sean

The lack of sleep and free time. The school puts a lot of requirments on its students and its sometimes hard to get everything done but that is the whole point they want to put you in a hard situation adn see how you react

Kevin

This is a very stressful place and there aren't enough females here, so many cadets become very socially awkward.

Scott

its a 500,000 dollar education shoved up your ass a nickle at a time. sometimes you can feel that way especially your first year here

Collin

The discipline is frustrating because you don't get to party like your friends at civilian colleges and universities. However, in the end it helps to build you as a responsible adult with a sound state of mind.

Peter

Regulations, and having to learn from suboptimal leaders.

meghan

Social restrictions during off-duty hours