Annapolis, MD
United States Naval Academy

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend United States Naval Academy

Jeremy

Dedicated professionals who are highly talented and diverse in background. Fellow students come from all over the united states and countries across the globe. Truely a distinguished bunch of patriots and civil servants.

Read and apply the principles presented in Steven Covey's 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. The advice and strategies for identifying the most important things and arranging the schedule to maintain focus on those things.

I wish I knew the best approach to the heavy load of reading and a sound strategy for managing the time provided to complete the requirements. Detailed consumption of all assigned reading is difficult to maintain over an extended period of time. A focused approach towards digging up the main ideas and themes is a better way to maximize reading time.

Marianne

It's a military academy. It guarantees a career after graduation. I get paid to go there.

Work out more. Learn to manage time a bit better.

Female to Male ratio- there are approx 80% male and 20% female. The little amount of free time we get.

I would have told myself to really spend a lot more time evaluating what college would be a good fit for me. Take time and do some soul searching to figure out if how others view you might be more accurate than how you view yourself. I would have told myself to visit more campuses and see if the school i choose has values that are in line with my own, and that if my values were to change, if the school i choose has room to accomidate and facilitate my personal growth.

The best thing about my school is the tradtion. My school is very old and takes a lot of pride in its tradtion. It makes students feel as if they've become a part of something bigger than themselves. There is also a lot of comfort in tradition.

The worst thing about my school is that it does not allow enough room to be a creative individual. Students at USNA are very much isolated into a strange and very restrictive military world. Although my school offers many great things, it is not a good personality fit for everyone. You have to give up a lot of yourself to attend a service academy and you need to decide if its worth it.

We all are part of the US Navy and thus the US Armed Forces. We do not have a life anything like that of our civilian counterparts. Life is regimented and time is precious. We can't always do what we want to and we will all be joining the War on Terror after we graduate.

I would better prepare myself in sports in order to be more competitive on the high school level, I have no other regrets.

Anyone who is does not want to serve in the military or who does not like a very structured and regimented lifestyle.

Jordan

DO YOUR RESEARCH!! Just because it sounds good at the time, doesn't necessarily make it so. Being naive is part of being young; but when you're talking about your future, you want to be as informed as you possibly can. Those college reps that come to your high school get paid to make it sound like their school "is everything you've ever been looking for". That's their job and they get paid because they're good at it! So do your homework. Research the program, the school, the instructors. Learn everything you possibly can and make the decision that feels right for you!

Mark

The great academics and prestegious graduates.

The great academics and prestegious graduates.

Take high school classes more seriously and learn as much as you can, because college is no cake walk! But don't take high school life too seriously, enjoy it while you can, because you will grow up and things will change. Being an adult is usually not as much fun as being a kid!

DL

Before graduation, I would focus on finding myself and becoming confident that I can do anything I put myself up against. At the Naval Academy, you have no time to waver and be vulnerable because the upperclass are constantly throwing many changes, rules, and regulations at you trying to influence you. Even though it is a military school, the Naval Academy is a place where people have to be individuals and still obey the military codes. My overall advice would be to find yourself before you enroll here so that you can be strong to accept the changes of becoming a service member but still be a real person inside.

free school, guarenteed job and pay after graduation

Peter

Do not pick the school you will attend based on prestige or financial restrictions. The most important aspect of choosing the college that is right for you is focusing on a school that will maximize your potential to succeed both while you attend the university and after you graduate. The future is a very uncertain thing. The best way to prepare for it is to attend a school that will challenge you significantly, but also one that allows for even greater levels of achievement should you choose to push yourself to those new heights. Despite what you may think, no matter how challenging a university may appear to be you will be able to slide by without much effort if you choose to. What you need to look for in a school is a place where you will be able to push yourself to maximize your potential, not a school that will try to do this for you. Do not sell yourself short by going to a school that will ask little of you and to which you will give little in return. In short, you only have a short time to prepare for tomorrow. Don?t waste it.

The schooling is free and you have a guarenteed job when you graduate.

The amount of opportunities I get to travel abroad (as well as throughout the country) as well as the many different things I have done through the military that most people will never get to do in their entire lives, let alone by age 20.

• $0

United States Naval Academy administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.