Annapolis, MD
United States Naval Academy

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend United States Naval Academy

Steven

Producing quality naval officers, and sucessful people there after.

Producing quality naval officers, and sucessful people there after.

Is a military school. You have to be prepaired to be in a military enviornment where the school basically owns your life. Also after school, you are committed to the military for a minimum of 5 years

If you know what you want to do in life, go to a school that will teach you. If you aren't sure, go to a school where you can get good grades so you can transfer once you figure it out. There is more than 1 way to get into a school you like. Some roads are a little longer than others.

Luis

Focused to succeed in life.

Visit there at least once. Know the type of people you will be living and working with. Make sure that you're committed to what you want out of the school.

Alec

A person should not go tot college to simply go to college; a student should want to attend a university because he or she wants to better his or herself through education. Witht that in mind, the first factor to look at in my opinion is location. Your college of choice will be your home for the at least the next four years, so it is important to go somewhere you would want to live. Issues such as price are secondary because regardless of where in the country you are looking to go to school, there are expensive, cheaper, more historical, more modern, etc. types of schools. Once you have found what area of the country to go to school, and schools that meet your budget, it is time for a road trip to visit those schools. The key is to find the pulse of the campus: go to the academic buildings, look at a dormitory room, eat in a dining hall, talk to students, or watch a sporting event. All these things would be a part of your life at that school. so try them (so to speak) and see how they fit.

The strong sense of tradition. There have been many past graduates who have gone on to do great things: Naval admirals, Marine Corps Generals. president and congressmen, astronauts, CEOs, etc. It is humbling to know that these great people lived in the same building that we live in, went to the same classrooms, and had to abide by the same rules.

Someone who is dedicated and has, or who is looking for, a sense of purpose, because after four years they will be a part of the strong Navy and Marine Corps tradition. They should be a well rounded person: morally, mentally, and physically sound.

James

The Naval Academy is the best place to go for those with a military career as an officer in mind to attend.

If you have a general idea of what you want to do after graduation it makes life in college much easier. Sit down and think that through before making decisions on what college to attend because in a sense you are taking the first step to locking yourself into that profession. If you pick the right school based on what you see inyour future you will be with other students with similar interests which makes your classes and social life much easier and allows for a better chance of success. You also get to meet people in your future field (peers or professors) who might be in your field down the road after graduating. Enjoy college wherever you are otherwise the four years of it will make you not ever want to go back to school later on. With the increasing number of students attending grad schools this could be one of the things that hold you back from getting a promotion at work.

I don't have to worry about finding a job after graduation and there is a very strong alumni network that hires graduates.

Ryan

To those who don't know much about it: the Army/Navy game. For those who know a little more about it, we are known for being a physically and academically tough school that has produced some of the world's finest leaders.

If you are like me, you may never be able to find that "definite, this is it, I just know it" answer. You have to look at where you are and where you want to be. Don't be afraid to take a chance. There are no regrets in life. I chose the military academy path. There are many times when I've looked back and asked myself, "Was that the right choice?" I can never get a straight answer out of myself, but I do know one thing: I'm proud of what I've done, and I feel like I've accomplished something in my life. Any student or parent should know that picking a college isn't about which is the best one, but which is the best one for you, and that might even mean taking a chance at something unknown. That's what college is about. It's about discovering yourself and finding out what drives you in life. It teaches you how to stick to something tough and how to come out on top. College is a life lesson--in and out of the classroom.

I wish I had known more about the majors offered, and I wish I would have realized how much of a commitment it requires to go to the Naval Academy. I new it was a big commitment, but it turned out to be bigger than I thought it would be.

Sallie

My classmates are either extremely motivated or cynical being that it is our youngster year here at the academy.

The most important thing in choosing a college is where you want to be in your future. I have always known that I wanted to serve my country and that becoming a military officer was right for me. Choosing the Naval Academy was a huge step in my life but I have never looked back and regreted my decision. You always have to make the best of college, especially at a school like the academy. You must always remember your goals and desires and why you are there. Always keeping these things in mind will make school and life much more enjoyable. Whenever things become stressful here, I step back and remember I am doing all this so that I can become a great leader one day and be responsible for people's lives. My main objective is to learn as much as I can now so I can perform later for my sailors or marines. Choosing the right college is very important and I would recomend thinking very hard about your future goals, not so much what kind of social life you are going to have there.

The kind of person to attend this school should be determined, motivated, selfless, and have a strong desire to become a military officer.

RJ

For providing men and women that will one day lead in the Navy and Marine Corps.

Think about the end result when you graduate from college.

One who is motivated not by personal gain but by the idea of serving your country.

Andrew

Prospective students need to be allowed the opportunity to experience whatever college on their own, away from the guided tour and (most likely) over bearing parents. In terms of decisions, choosing a college does not need to be the life defining choice that it is made out to be, people transfer all the time, rearrange their life goals based on new experiences and, more simply, realize they've either made a great choice, or a mistake. When I chose my college, walking around campus just felt right. The combined attitude of the students, professors, coaches and staff all helped to shape my two day recruiting visit that turned into a a four year career.

The best thing about this school is the availability of help to the students who want it. Professors will do almost anything for students who they feel are trying hard; this is one of those schools that is a lot harder to get into than get kicked out of. Also, the spirit and camraderie among the students is the best in the country, we all have a sense of purpose here.

A driven person should attend this school. A person unsure of what they want should attend this school. A well-rounded person should attend this school and a person who has not been exposed to much should attend. USNA makes sure to develop all her students to their full potential.

Loyal if they weren't trying to do better than you.

Loyal if they weren't trying to do better than you.

My best advice would be to understand that a good education is important, but having a positive learning environment is just as crucial. Being successful takes hard work, it is a hard world out there and although many people like to party while in college, that turns out to be of minimal help in finding success. Please, do your research, you can get what you up into it from any school.

How little it prepares you for the real world.

Anthony

Military oriented, very hard Engineering based school.

Military oriented, very hard Engineering based school.

Producing future leaders of our country and military.

Make sure that you know what you want in life and make sure that when it comes to choosing the right college that it offers everythig that you need to succeed.

• $0

United States Naval Academy administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.