United States Naval Academy Top Questions

Shelby-Wayne

The most frustrating thing about the Naval Acedemy is that as a freshman, or plebe, you are at the very bottom of the totem pole. There isn't much freedom for a freshman. There is so many things piled on you on top of the large course load that you get here at this insitution anyways. Finding time for yourself is a difficult thing do, but in the end, everything will be well worth the pain and frustration.

Marianne

Female to Male ratio- there are approx 80{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} male and 20{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} female. The little amount of free time we get.

Warren

How little control you ahve over the big picture. You have to learn to control yourself as best you can and go with the flow. Adapt.

Montika

How much it cost to attend and the fact that tuition and fees are rising.

Joseph

There are only flat grades. + or - designations are not given, so earning an 89.8{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} in a class leads to a flat B instead of a B+.

Grant

The academic workload

John

The most frustrating thing about my school is having very little opportunity to leave the campus. The Academy is focused on training every student for service in the military and the rules are far more strict than most other colleges.

Nichelle

The freedom to do what you want to do, curfews, and money.

Julia

Along with the Military life comes Military obligations that you would not necessairily run into at a civillian college.

The daily schedule was heavily regulated by the administration, wasting a good deal of time with waiting inbetween events. This prevented students from realizing ideal efficiency to their day's achievements; however, in retrospect, this circumstance held true to the mind-numbing schedules we face now employed.

Richard

I think that the most frustrating thing about my school is it's hours of operation and the number of manditory events students must attend. I also don't like how the school is based on a ranking system. This makes some students feel they have to be the best, therefore turn in people for doing harmless things, just to make themselves look better.

Mike

The rules and restrictions on going out into town during the week.

Walter

The lack of personal time and the constraints on our social skills.

Stephen

Not being able to go out into town during the week.