Unity College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Unity College

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /var/www/unigowpnfs/unigo/wp-content/themes/twentynineteen-child/functions.php on line 3765

Rosemary

Environmental based school with cool ideals and ideas. More science than arts based , very outdoorsy types. pretty cool place.

It's a good school with a lot of friendly people. The food could use some work because sometimes it is not the best. I love the clubs and there is almost always something to do on the weekends. Most of the teachers are great though I have had some problems with a few of them. Overall the school is awesome and I am very happy to be apart of the Unity College community.

Kaylie

My father's family is from Maine, and I have always had a special place in my heart for such a beautiful place. Since I can remember, Animals have always been my passion and I have never wanted anything more than to make that my life's career. I moved out when I was 17, worked up to 4 jobs at a time, and have had to become an expert in budgeting over the past several years to get by. I applied and attempted going to Unity a few years ago, but upon being accepted I was informed I would need a cosigner for my loan, to which both of my parents declined. I have been working hard since then to save money and get my ducks in a row for the time I could try again. I was in Maine this past summer, and knew that it was I was supposed to be. The banks I tried getting a loan through had told me I would not qualify as an independent until I was 24. Well, in 20 days I turn 24 and I will have you know I have reapplied, gotten accepted and am doing everything I can to that beautiful campus my home in the fall. I say all this to make it clear that, Unity is worth it. They care. Everyone. They want you to succeed. It's one giant family that is going to push you to your full potential. The advisers are extraordinary and have done everything in their reach to help me. I would recommend Unity to people that want to break that mold, who really want to get out there and change the world. Unity is a place for you to become unleashed and be everything you ever dreamed to be. I am proud to officially be a student at Unity and am looking forward to finishing my degree there.

adam

It is a well rounded school that is on the rise to being americas best environmental college. Our 16 majors all focus on the environment and how to better it for future generations. There is great food, good intentions, and even better people.

Sierra

Great faculty, small class sizes are helpful, and classes in general are engaging and fascinating. Campus life is decent. Can get lonely on since the town of Unity is very small and many people either live off campus or travel on the weekends. Student activities are usually available though for those who are interested in attending. Something fun seems to happen every week.

Small campus has its positives and negatives. The biggest struggle can be polar opposite political views that often end up in arguments with teachers becuse they hope you won't notice. Overall some students just do not get along at all but overall even though we are very different most of us get along well with everyone. You have polar opposite people all smushed into a small campus, that leads to a lot of diversity and a better dynamic and some disagreements. Basically the hicks and hippies is what we call it.

Ethan

My overall opinion of Unity College is that it is an absolutely wonderful college for being America's Environmental College. The fields of study aren't as broad as other colleges, they're focused to the environment. the student to teacher ratio is unbelievably small and perfect for what I needed. If I was to recommend this college, I would in a heartbeat because I love living here and love learning here.

Kaylee

It is a very small school which is what a lot of people love about Unity College. However, it is very far from everything making it difficult to live on a budget. The school is very dedicated to all aspects of the environment and that is amazing. The school offers some great places to live on campus, however, not all is great. Unity College also needs to update a lot of equipment and invest in technologies in the biology department. As well as expanded on its gym and workout room.

Nicholas

I absolutely love it here. Everyone here is really nice, all of the staff is extremely welcoming and helpful. The college tries its hardest to get everyone together as a family through different events. The class sizes are great and if you need help, you can ask the teachers in and out of class. The administration is extremely willing to work with you on everything. And everyone here is willing to listen to your problems if you need someone to talk to.

Autumn

the atmosphere at this college is why I personally came here. It is a very laid back and calm atmosphere. Everyone is friendly and willing to help out their peers. The campus is never loud or obnoxious and it is far from any city so the traffic noises are non-existent except for the occasional snow plow. The food here is amazing on some days, other days it can be hard to eat. However, we do not just have the cafeteria to grab food; places around the town allow us to use the money the school gave us. The academics here are phenomenal. I would say they only need to improve the math department, but most professors know their subject inside and out. My overall rating would be to give Unity college an 8 out of 10.

Dan

My opinion of Unity College is different from other students. The college give me hands on learning, and a personal learning environment with the professors. As well as there being good emotional support and extra curricular activities. The college is open to a wide range of viewpoints so that students can have an open discussion. But the campus is a little smaller than I'd hope it to be. Plus there is not much to do in the town, besides hunting and fishing.

Alicia

I love the school. The class size is small and the teachers are easily accessible . There isn't much stores around campus, but there is a lot of nature. There is programs offered during the weekends where students can sign up to go on trips. There is also outdoor gear that can be rented for free. The food is great and there is vegetarian and vegan options as well.

Mya

This is a small school with a BIG environmental focus. They don't just talk the talk either; they are the first campus to diverge from fossil fuels and every aspect of the college from dining to housing to courses, is all about sustainability. I think this is a great college for those intent on making a change in the global views on the environment from a variety of majors!

I have been accepted into Unity College and am committed to going there, also I have visited it two times already. Unity College is a specialized college that caters towards environmental and animal loving nerds. That means that once you graduate colleges will like Unity students as they were educated to be the best in that field. The actual place looks gorgeous and you will find yourself in a tightknit group. Unity College is not for everyone as it is small and in the middle of nowhere. but for what they lack in size they surely make up for with all the activities and clubs. The actual town Unity has very little stores, the bigger town is about a 15-minute drive and there is a huge Walmart there. Clubs are another great way of getting contacts thus making getting a job easier once you graduate. I personally am 100% ok with the food at Unity, it's warm, it's tasty, what more do you want? The actual classes seem to be very hands-on, meaning being at this school you have to not be afraid to get your hands dirty and jump into the action. Another big part of going here is that you have to get an internship working at a place relevant to your field, that obviously gives you a great experience! Talking to the admissions officers is easy and they are so helpful. PJ, in particular, helped me get in and answered my countless questions. I have no doubt in my mind that I will be very happy going to school here! ... If I can afford it.

William

Unity College is an amazing place. There are great students and faculty ready to help you succeed. The facilities are great, and there is a very strong sense of community on campus. People are very nice to each other, and everyone is their own individual. The professors are extremely knowledgeable, and the commitment to sustainability makes for an amazing college.

Hayden

The conservation law enforcement major is an excellent program that I am looking forward to returning to this fall. The professors are all great and have experience in the fields they teach. For anyone looking into conservation law enforcement this is the school to go to.

Connor

A great place that is politically active and seeks to teach and provide the world with the next generation of environmental leaders. Students are up to date with national and world problems and are encouraged to come up with sustainable solutions to said problems.

Shannon

Unity College is one of a kind. I would recommend it to everyone that wants hands-on experience with a degree in environmental science. You spend five days in the woods with your peers for new students. You have something in common with everyone, and the professors are always willing to help. There is no other school like this, and I would not go to any other school. I tried a few other colleges and did not care for them at all.

Breanna

Overall Unity College is an extremely hands-on and supportive college. There is always opportunities to help you excel and it is a wonderful community. Unity follows its motto and promotes it with every action they take. It is a place that truly cares about the future of their students, and will do anything to help you achieve your goals.

Unity college is a school filled with opportunity and lots of hands on learning that gets you in the field. You get submersed into your major through field trips and through hands on work done in classes or outside classroom. They offer many opportunities for us and that allows us to achieve whatever it is we dream of accomplishing while at this college. Many even have jobs by the time you graduate which helps us who want to go into what we are studying. Unity is a great school for anything environmental.

Miranda

I had visited Unity College just once and even though it is a huge campus I fell in love with the place. I will admit I got lost looking for the admissions building, but when I stepped into the admissions building after finding it was extravagant. This building felt very homey and welcoming, there was a nice little fire place and someone greeted me immediately. She had gotten the person I needed to talk to and they met ever single one of my needs and walked me through everything about the college. Then I walked around some of the classrooms and was eyes opened wide expression on my face. A student showed me the wildlife museum that they have and let me hold some of the skulls, which was WOW I will get to see this everyday? Then one of the teachers had showed me into the coral wetlands lab and explained about what was happening there. When I drove up and saw the campus that was it, that was the place I was going to go, there was no doubt about it!

Gage

It is a good small school. There are a lot of clubs to participate in both sports and other clubs such as archery, sportsman club, ice fishing club etc. The food is pretty good and there are a couple different places to eat. Our dorms are nice, and the students are too.

Eri

Unity College Is a small environmental school in the hart of Maine. If you love the outdoors and want to make a carrier out of being outside Unity College might just be for you. With small class sizes you will get to know your professors on a personal level and build fantastic relationships with fellow students. Camps life is also a plus, there is always something to do. With free wilderness trips going out from our outdoor adventure center you can explore the state of Maine with close friends from experienced wilderness guides. Over all if you have a passion for the environment and what to preserve it for generations to come then check out Americas Environmental College.

Nora

I really love Unity College! It's a college that is very specific in the curriculum it offers. This college is for people that are interested in pursuing a degree in an environmental field. After all, they are "America's Environmental College." It's a very small school compared to most colleges. Only about 500-600 students attend Unity.

Jennah

Unity College is a hands on environmental school where learning takes place both inside and outside of the classroom. It emphasizes experiential learning. Students are environmentally minded and involved in sustainability efforts. The classes are small and personal connections are made between professors , students and staff. It is a great place ; I will be attending in the fall.

Alexandra

Unity College is a very small close knit school that is very welcoming to all who enroll. Unity has an amazing faculty and staff, who are always willing to help you. The colleges food isn't only impeccable, all of our food is from within the United States. Most of our food is grown locally. My school isn't just any ordinary school, it is an Environmentally focused school with one cohesive goal, to make the world a better place.

Moriah

It is a wonderful school and can provide a lot of career opportunities. As part of the Captive Wildlife Care and Education major, I have found many outlooks to pursue my interest in herpetology. The campus provides a large variety of clubs for everyone to be involved in, there is always a place for someone!

Skylar

Overall I love Unity College and have enjoyed my experience there. That being said Unity is very much a niche school and it takes a special type of person to be able to enjoy their time there. Since it is located in rural Maine it is far away from the big city scene. There isn't very many campus activities so it is easy to get bored if you do not enjoy the outdoors. If you are an outdoor enthusiast however this is a great school for you. Public safety allows students to have firearms and a bow on campus so you are able to check them out at anytime and go hunting. There are plenty of great fishing spots too. The best part is that I found a lot of amazing, like minded people that I do not think I would be able to find anywhere else.

Tina

Overall, this is a great little college if you are looking for a close-knit school. They specialize in environmentally-science based majors, but that doesn't necessarily mean you have to be science oriented. They provide opportunities to incorporate environmental activism in majors based on art, writing, and media as well. The campus is set in a very small town, definitely remote from most amenities, but you can find a couple of good local restaurants about .5 miles from school. Housing off-campus can be hard since most towns are at least 20-30 minutes from campus, and driving in the winter can increase this travel time. The academic experience here was one of my favorites. I attended a rather large high school with large class sizes. It was easy to get lost in a crowd. Unity provides small class sizes of anywhere between 7-25 students per class. I feel this helps build both a personal and professional relationship with professors and open up more opportunities outside of the classroom, such as participating in various studies conducted by the professors or having a link to a job application after graduation.

Emma

Personally I love Unity College. I love all of my teachers and my major. I chose Unity College because of its extremely well known Conservation Law Enforcement major. As my first semester is coming to an end I cannot wait for next semester. The people are amazing and so are the teachers. The small population allows all of your teachers to know your name and they are all so willing to help you succeed. I love living on campus and cannot wait to experience all of the other opportunities that are in store for me.

Cody

At Unity College, the average class size is 20 students and lower. The small class size gives students a much better experience when one on one help is needed. The campus is relatively small and acts as a community where everyone knows one another. Extra curricular activities are always planned for all different people. whether its a hike or an inside game night. Everyone here is friendly and always looking to go one extra step to help someone out and meet new people.

Jarr

Good up until 2018 They defunded food to hell, awful about ice/ snow clearing, faculty sweeps stuff under the rug, cool professors are leaving. Almost nothing transfers out if you want to leave. It's a trap. Don't go

Take our Scholarship Match Quiz!