Mayaguez, PR
Universidad Adventista de las Antillas

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Universidad Adventista de las Antillas

Dene

My overall opinion about Universidad Adventista de las Antillas is that the university has a lot of maturing to do and its getting better little by little, however feel that the staff makes it hard to incorporate new learning techniques for students.

Moises

The University has a great atmosphere for studying and maintaining concentration and focus on your classes. It's a smoke-free and drug-free place. The students are friendly and pretty respectful. Our professors are willing to help you even on a professional personal level since the school isn't very big, nor it is very small either. It offers online courses too on a user-friendly platform. Food wise I consider it a little expensive, but you participate in great vegetarian courses. If you don't want to participate from the school cafeteria you could go outside of campus and find a variety of places to have lunch or dinner. You can be part of a few ministries around campus, and even though our university doesn't compete against other universities in sports, we have our local soccer, volleyball and basketball teams for both males and females. It's the most international university in Puerto Rico, with great weather and beaches. We have students from all over the world. The majority of our professors are Spanish and English speaking professors. You'll live on an island where you'll have the opportunity to explore a variety of natural wonders and not be stuck in a campus for four years. As an intern, it could become a bit more complicated in order to get out of campus and do things. But there are affordable extern housing options. We have approximately four airports around the University, Two around forty minutes close, the Intl airport which is 2hrs away and the local Mayaguez airport that can take you to the international one for trips. The staff and the matriculation process are easy going, friendly and helpful. Based on health, well, as explained before, there is good food quality, it's a vegetarian cafeteria. We also have a gym, which is outdated and space for you to jog, walk, practice soccer, football, basketball and volleyball skills if you need too. And there's spiritual help, which is one of the university's main focuses and a leveled staff that can answer and help you through emotional or spiritual problems.

Keyla

I like this university and I am very satisfied with the job of every professor I have had since I got here. Also, I have to say that one of the pros of this University is the spiritual life. Once you get on campus you can feel a different "vibe". It is very easy to make friends, and some people often becomes like a family to you. As everything in this world and life, nothing can be completely perfect, one of the downsides I have found is that many of the faculty members are related in some way, because of it, if someone commits an error/do not do their job how they should do it, their relatives will try to fix everything for them, instead of teaching them how to correct their jobs or just looking for someone else who's best suited for the position.

cindy

From the people, the location, the atmosphere, the spirituality and much more, UAA is a place that somehow forces you you to grow in many aspects of life. There is no way to leave without having had a positive impact in your life. Yes, there are flaws, what school doesn't have any? However, looking past all of those flaws and making the best out of the situation is something that is learned here (and not by choice). UAA is special, it is that simple.

Edward

It's a small school with a very strong religious environment and many extra-curricular activities. The fact that is a small school gives the prospect student the advantage of a more united atmosphere, everybody knows each other and the professor's assistance is more individualized. The Nursing Program is one of the best in the island.

The first advice that I would give my self is to learn how to be more organized with school work. Second, explore a little bit more about your career options. I first started majoring in Theology, and did not go well. Third, loose weight and be more attentive to your personal appereance to have more options with girls. Fourth, do not stay in the on-campus quarters, rent an apartment with a couple of room mates and you will not be restricted to curfews and other restrictions. Fifth, do not take summer classes, you will finish faster your degree but the difference is not worth it to miss wonderful summer time. Sixth, do not buy new clothes for college, you will be identified as a freshman very easy. Sixth, try not to envolve in a serious relationship with a girl for at least the first 2 years of college, I'm not saying be lonely and not have fun, I'm saying do not take it seriously. And last but not least, try to do all or most of your homeworks on week days so you can enjoy your college weekends the most.

The fact that I'm a alumni of such distinguished nursing program

Valerie

Its a alcohol free, drug free enviroment and the people are very warm and welcoming.

Up to now, my sophomore year I have had the best college experience in my life. I've gotten from it a great education, great friends and the reality of accomplishing my dreams. All these things that I have gotten from my college experience have been of alot of value in my life. I've also gotten a life because now I have a secure future in my life with an education. It has been very valuable to me to attend this college. By studing Buisiness Accounting I can accomplish my dream of having my own buisness. In the future when I decide to form a family I will see the value of having attended to college because then I will see that I can give my family what they need thanks to the education I got form college. I want to become a person who apports to the economy and who apports something good to the community. This is why attending college is important, because it gives your life a bright future.

I wish i had known before that attending to this college would be by best desicion so then I wouldn't have the before college stress.

vanessa

All my classmates are eager to learn and happy to be in school.

All my classmates are eager to learn and happy to be in school.

Vanessa i know that you are scared and perhaps not sure of what you would like to do with your future, but give it your all. Look beyond your comfort zone and expand your horizons. There is a large world to discover and education is a great way to start to discover it. I know you don't have any idea what to do and where to start, but how about you start off making a decision on what you would like to major in. Next look into all the financial aid and scholarships that are avaliable to you. Don't waste your time. You have a beautiful mother and younger sister that look up to you and are depending on you to make a difference in your life and theirs. Education is the only way that you can break the cycle of being poor and living paycheck to paycheck. Pick a school that will best suit you. Remember to keep your grades up. Once you start school remeber that its all about transitioning. You can do it. keep an open mind and a positive attitude. Of course you'll make great friends, but remember that your there to study.

The most frustrating thing is that the faculty is not organized. They do not care about their students, all they care about is the money students are bringing in. In the fall semester of 2009 they accepted 700 new students and had no where to place them. They had students in hotels for more than half the semester. They also promise financial ail and loan money at the beginning of the semster but don't deliver it until the end of the semster, leaving students aggravated and having to take drastic measures to have money to live.

isaac

someone who knows what they want, believe, who knows that school is important and that studying is highly needed, also people who are vegiterians.

I made sad desicions whilebeing in high school, I even forgot what i wanted in life, and what i looked for. I got caried away with my problems and forgot that life was more then just that. so Isaac i beg you not to give up, to keep trying no matter how many times you fall and hurt yourself get up and walk. i know is hard to be alone. and none one understands but you dont need anyone but yourself, if you dont care , will it really matter if any anoe did? Isaac i want you to do well in school and get good grades just like before, because itds the only thing that will get you to succede in life, i completely understand why your behaiving like this , i know is not yourfault your parents where irresponsible and traveled a lot . you dont have to be like them, you can be better and you will be better. learn to be an individual, to be heard and out spoken, be yourself , be happy. Isaac The only goal you can't accomplish is the one that you don't go after!. think, learn. live.

classmates are helpful, highly educated, reliable people.

Davilyn

Some classmates are really focused, most act as though they are in high school still, and the others don't care.

The school is best known for their Nursing Department .

Do not make the same mistake of choosing a university that you haven't visited or haven't really researched. Make sure you talk with students who have gone to the university and next time, go with your first choice.

Universidad Adventista de las Antillas administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.