Universidad Adventista de las Antillas Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Universidad Adventista de las Antillas

cindy

From the people, the location, the atmosphere, the spirituality and much more, UAA is a place that somehow forces you you to grow in many aspects of life. There is no way to leave without having had a positive impact in your life. Yes, there are flaws, what school doesn't have any? However, looking past all of those flaws and making the best out of the situation is something that is learned here (and not by choice). UAA is special, it is that simple.

Dene

My overall opinion about Universidad Adventista de las Antillas is that the university has a lot of maturing to do and its getting better little by little, however feel that the staff makes it hard to incorporate new learning techniques for students.

Keyla

I like this university and I am very satisfied with the job of every professor I have had since I got here. Also, I have to say that one of the pros of this University is the spiritual life. Once you get on campus you can feel a different "vibe". It is very easy to make friends, and some people often becomes like a family to you. As everything in this world and life, nothing can be completely perfect, one of the downsides I have found is that many of the faculty members are related in some way, because of it, if someone commits an error/do not do their job how they should do it, their relatives will try to fix everything for them, instead of teaching them how to correct their jobs or just looking for someone else who's best suited for the position.

Moises

The University has a great atmosphere for studying and maintaining concentration and focus on your classes. It's a smoke-free and drug-free place. The students are friendly and pretty respectful. Our professors are willing to help you even on a professional personal level since the school isn't very big, nor it is very small either. It offers online courses too on a user-friendly platform. Food wise I consider it a little expensive, but you participate in great vegetarian courses. If you don't want to participate from the school cafeteria you could go outside of campus and find a variety of places to have lunch or dinner. You can be part of a few ministries around campus, and even though our university doesn't compete against other universities in sports, we have our local soccer, volleyball and basketball teams for both males and females. It's the most international university in Puerto Rico, with great weather and beaches. We have students from all over the world. The majority of our professors are Spanish and English speaking professors. You'll live on an island where you'll have the opportunity to explore a variety of natural wonders and not be stuck in a campus for four years. As an intern, it could become a bit more complicated in order to get out of campus and do things. But there are affordable extern housing options. We have approximately four airports around the University, Two around forty minutes close, the Intl airport which is 2hrs away and the local Mayaguez airport that can take you to the international one for trips. The staff and the matriculation process are easy going, friendly and helpful. Based on health, well, as explained before, there is good food quality, it's a vegetarian cafeteria. We also have a gym, which is outdated and space for you to jog, walk, practice soccer, football, basketball and volleyball skills if you need too. And there's spiritual help, which is one of the university's main focuses and a leveled staff that can answer and help you through emotional or spiritual problems.

Levanny

Friends become family. Teachers become mentors and the environment demands love. It’s perfect if you want to get away from the big city life or even the mainland and experience the exotic island life. We were always taken care for and our administration is always available and our president is very humble. I left this University with a broken heart but I understand that life continues and this place will always have a place in my heart.