Universidad Politecnica de Puerto Rico Top Questions

What is the stereotype of students at your school? Is this stereotype accurate?

Patricia

Well, at my school you can see every type of person you can imagine. There are the jocks, there are some frat kids but not that many, in some areas you can see stoners and the geeks are everywhere. In any building you can see a variety of people that dress, talk and act in different ways and not everyone falls into a category or stereotype.

Jose

I think all of the possible stereotypes are well represented at my campus. Since there is such a diverse offer of curriculums and areas of study, we get students from all walks of life. There are jocks, who mainly focus on physical education studies and are our athletes. There are "nerds" and "geeks" that usually go for biology, computer engineering, physics, mathematics and chemistry. There are stoners, "hippies" and other oddities that study the area of Humanities, mainly Art, Art History, Theatre, History, Music and such. Thus, there is no one correct stereotype that summerizes the entire student population. It is diverse as it is colorful. The Institution gladly welcomes students from all over the country and from all socio-economics circumstances and prides itself in having such a well-rounded student body.

Jose

Jose