University of Alabama at Birmingham

« See more reviews of University of Alabama at Birmingham

One of the best things about UAB is the diversity. Despite the wide range of personalities, everyone tends to get along just fine. However, every student can count on finding someone who he/she has a lot in common with because UAB students come from all types of backgrounds. Making friends is an easy task here, which is always encouraging for students who may become homesick. Prior to attending UAB, I experienced minimal diversity at school and thought that this experience was something that I wasn't going to be able to adjust to. However, I love and appreciate how I've become more comfotable, and enjoy, being around people of different ethnicities. In addition most students here are goal-oriented, which had a positive affect on myself and will do for others.

UAB is truly a diverse campus. I mean that in every sense of the word. Students here have different religions, ethnicities, financial backgrounds, political beliefs, musical interests, sexual orientations, etc. But, we use these differences to learn more about each other and create what I think is an exemplary community. We know we won't always agree, but we recognize that appreciating each others' differences is important and broadens our understanding of the world. We're a pretty politically active campus, on all sides. But, even if we differ politically, we'll still all sit down for coffee and share a few laughs.

There are a lot of really unintelligent people at UAB. Narrow-mindedness is very common, and the student body seems utterly obsessed with drinking. For instance, in every English course I have ever had, when the professor asks for paper topics, lowering the drinking age and legalizing marijuana are the first to be given by students here. There are definitely smart people here, but there are so many pseudo-intellectuals that it is sometimes difficult to weed them out.

UAB students are very diverse. There are groups of all kinds on campus: LGBT, leadership, Asian, Indian, African American, and even video gamers. We come from all walks of life, all different backgrounds. You see people from many different religious backgrounds and also people from different areas of the nation. I have friends from UAB from all kinds of different groups. I like to think that UAB's diversity is what sets it apart from other universities.

My classmates are very eager to learn just as I am. They are very compelling to help others and socialize to the point where everyone is nice as the others. My classmates are compassionate, sincere, and very intelligent. They also take the time to respect others and help out the ones that are struggling. They want all students and classmates to excell and achieve their desired education just as they do.

The best way to describe my classmates is as follows: Diverse. The University of Alabama is one of the most diverse campuses in Alabama, and we're proud of it! Even though we are diverse we all get along very well and it enhances the college expreience because you learn so much from each other.

My classmates are a group of diverse people. There are people of all races and ethnic backgrounds. My classmates are what makes my school such a wonderful place to atten. There are opportunities to learn at every corner out other cultures and ways of life without even stepping into a classroom.

I have learned a lot about the different cultures in the world because UAB is one of the most diverse colleges; many religions, backgrounds, beliefs, races, and traditions have come together at this University to study and learn and prepare for the road ahead of us.

My classmates at UAB are very dedicated to their education the majority show up on time, take notes, ask questions, and study very often which encourages me to do the same which I find to be a very positive thing.

The students are very diverse. UAB is one the most culturally diverse universities in the United States. The students are also very intelligent and kind. You will make many friends at this school.